I Have a Feeling..

TNJet

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

1-7 followed by 6-2 with the injury situation getting worse, not better, is impressive.  Like you say, we have to love the finish and the effort. And that’s coaching. Good coaching. 

Not contending for a playoff spot; but contending in individual games. Competing at a high level when a team usually checks out.  I feel great about what I saw. Jamal was a big part of it. 

SAR I

Such great coaching that Gase allowed us to lose to the only 2 winless teams in the league with our starting QB. 2 vital, simple victories that should have made us a 9-7 team, and a possible wildcard.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, TNJet said:

Apparently only your ears are working, you just hear Jamal's mouth and chest pounding.

Ok, so the only way for you to defend your point is to hurl personal insults. 

I put up a link to an article that directly refuted what you said and you gave me a butt fumble.  Don't  let facts get in the way of your argument. 

1 minute ago, More Cowbell said:

Ok, so the only way for you to defend your point is to hurl personal insults. 

I put up a link to an article that directly refuted what you said and you gave me a butt fumble.  Don't  let facts get in the way of your argument. 

Haha. Maye > Adams. All day Maye baby, my fave DB on the Jets. Can't wait for those Offensive lineman we get in the Jamal trade. Playoffs are on the horizon...Let the Ravens have Capt. Twitter Wars.

One could argue any position is a luxury position with minimal impact. Look at the last 49ers game, I could say qb was a luxury position with minimal impact and I could have some very valid points. If we are being fair to Adams though he has had games where his impact was minimal but he has also had plays that have resulted in our team winning a game. I don't understand how people get so caught up with thinking one position is more valuable than another to the point of thinking you can just toss away a great player from one of the "bad" positions and replace him with anyone from an important position and somehow upgrade the team. Football is a team sport and every position is important.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

Totes. Mahomes was a luxury pick u guyz. We already had Hackenberg

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

There's only one guy on this team who has that rep, and guess who that is?

(hint: it ain't Adams) \\:D/

Hoes don’t = mono 

you can get mono after drinking out of the same cup as someone. Do you know how many hoes probably don’t have mono compared to ones that do? They have herpes before they have mono, 14.

Totes. Mahomes was a luxury pick u guyz. We already had Hackenberg
Mahomes was not even the best qb prospect available when we drafted Adams. The evaluations on these kids are never exactly what they are projected to be. Many did not view mahomes as a first round prospect and no NFL scout has the hindsight of what these guys will be before they are drafted.

17 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

That you believe Adams, a team player, is the same as OBJ and Baker is part of the problem. 

Because nothing about Adams is negative, team wise the way those two are.  

Adams, a team player? He is all about Adams, how did his teammates feel about it when he said the team needs more "dawgs"? He was right, but a team player doesn't say that to the public and in front of his teammates. If he is such a team player, lets see if he would stay with the Jets at a reasonable, but fair price. That happens and I will agree with you.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Mahomes was not even the best qb prospect available when we drafted Adams. The evaluations on these kids are never exactly what they are projected to be. Many did not view mahomes as a first round prospect and no NFL scout has the hindsight of what these guys will be before they are drafted.

For once I’d like our GM to outsmart the “many” or “most” “experts” who get this sh*t wrong.
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Eaton Beaver said:

Adams, a team player? He is all about Adams, how did his teammates feel about it when he said the team needs more "dawgs"? He was right, but a team player doesn't say that to the public and in front of his teammates. If he is such a team player, lets see if he would stay with the Jets at a reasonable, but fair price. That happens and I will agree with you.

How did his teammates feel about him, how about a simple answer, he was voted team MVP by his teammates for the 2nd straight year.  

He said they needed dawgs, don't think there was a player on the 4 win roster who didnt agree with him and found it as insulting as some fans believe.  

He has already said he doesn't want to leave.  Why do you think he should give the team a discount and eat dollars that he would get on the open market?  Never understood that thinking, would you want the Jets to pay him more than the fair market price, just because?  Theres no need to give the Jets a team discount other than to prove who knows what to I don't know who

• Upvote 1

On 1/25/2020 at 10:50 AM, TNJet said:

The Jamal Adams trade will come right around draft time, picking up 2 high value picks or maybe more. It'll be a shot in the dark, but the right move for the better of this football team and I for one, can't wait.  Bring on that extra first and second round pick. Oline/wr success here we come! Go Jets! Bye bye twitter mouth!

I have a feeling I might have to pinch a loaf at some point today.

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

He felt betrayed. Then he didn’t. And once that was cleared up we went 5-0 with him in the lineup. 

SAR I

A team leader doesn't go over his head coach, but his GM also to whine to the owner. Refused to even talk to the head coach or the GM. He felt betrayed? What is this, kindergarten? This is a business and because the GM took a phone call from another team, this team leader, instead of talking to the GM, puts on a tantrum like a 5 year old. Like I said, if he loves this team so much, we will see how he deals with a new contract, if he accepts a reasonable and fair deal I would resign him. If he goes for the most money, then good riddance.

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

4 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Since Jet fans like to let PFF do the talking for Adams, I guess it’s only fair they acknowledge Maye was a top 5 Jet in PFF ratings for the 2019 Season.

just curious who the highest offensive grade went to.  

On 1/25/2020 at 10:50 AM, TNJet said:

The Jamal Adams trade will come right around draft time, picking up 2 high value picks or maybe more. It'll be a shot in the dark, but the right move for the better of this football team and I for one, can't wait.  Bring on that extra first and second round pick. Oline/wr success here we come! Go Jets! Bye bye twitter mouth!

I think Douglas trades him within ten seconds of getting a text from Adams’s agent hinting that he’s about to hold out. If/ when it gets to the point where Adams makes a stink about his contract, it plays directly into Jerry Jones’ hands. If there’s a deal to be made, you’ll see it within two weeks of the Super Bowl. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Since Jet fans like to let PFF do the talking for Adams, I guess it’s only fair they acknowledge Maye was a top 5 Jet in PFF ratings for the 2019 Season.

Jets fans: PFF is the gospel as far as evaluating NFL talent and it says Jamal Adams is among the best players on the planet. 

Also Jets fans: According to PFF, Jamal Adams was .0003 points better than our backup nose tackle. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I think Douglas trades him within ten seconds of getting a text from Adams’s agent hinting that he’s about to hold out. If/ when it gets to the point where Adams makes a stink about his contract, it plays directly into Jerry Jones’ hands. If there’s a deal to be made, you’ll see it within two weeks of the Super Bowl. 

Image result for T0mShane walking home from the bar
  • Post of the Week 1

9 hours ago, TNJet said:

Such great coaching that Gase allowed us to lose to the only 2 winless teams in the league with our starting QB. 2 vital, simple victories that should have made us a 9-7 team, and a possible wildcard.

Oh, so you're telling me that when we were sitting there at 1-6 you thought we were going to go on a 8-1 run? 

Show me that post. 

Because that's what beating the Bengals and Dolphins means.

SAR I

9 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Still wasn’t in actual contention. 7 losses is the maximum you usually can lose while still having an outside shot at the playoffs. We hit our maximum limit by mid season.

I didn't mean "playoff contention".  That went out the window in October.

I meant that we could hang in there with other NFL teams.  Which we did.  The team was 6-2 down the stretch.  Most had us only capable of winning 5 out of 16.  We won 6 out of 8.

SAR I

7 hours ago, Eaton Beaver said:

A team leader doesn't go over his head coach, but his GM also to whine to the owner. Refused to even talk to the head coach or the GM. He felt betrayed? What is this, kindergarten? This is a business and because the GM took a phone call from another team, this team leader, instead of talking to the GM, puts on a tantrum like a 5 year old. Like I said, if he loves this team so much, we will see how he deals with a new contract, if he accepts a reasonable and fair deal I would resign him. If he goes for the most money, then good riddance.

He was upset for a week.  Then spoke to management and learned the truth-  that the Jets were not shopping him.

Jamal then proceeded to not lose a single game he played in from that point forward, going 5-0.  That's what a leader does.  Channels his frustration into motivation.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

For once I’d like our GM to outsmart the “many” or “most” “experts” who get this sh*t wrong.
I really don't think it is even that simple. One of these players could be good somewhere and might not be the same player if they went somewhere else. There are more factors to it than this guy was a great pick by team x therefore he would have been for team y.

3 hours ago, HighPitch said:

I was really against getting an adjustable bed. It reminds me of hositals but my wife said im crazy. After laying on them at the store yesterday I am thinking it may not be a bad idea after all

That would be a great thread, in the Lounge. You should start that one now.

I am glad I was able to help you work this out. Also, on the bed go with whatever one your wife wants.

Most under-reported aspect of the trade deadline: While Douglas was taking the call from Jerry Jones, Adams texted Ryan Clark about how much he’d like to play for Dallas.

Jamal’s whining after the fact was all a charade. Just another fake, manufactured PR move by one of the league’s biggest self-promoters. And most of the lemmings here fell for it.
  • Upvote 2

I really don't think it is even that simple. One of these players could be good somewhere and might not be the same player if they went somewhere else. There are more factors to it than this guy was a great pick by team x therefore he would have been for team y. Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

Yes, it is that simple. Mahomes would be an elite QB with each and every one of the 32 NFL teams.

Just because KC was the BEST landing spot for Mahomes doesn’t mean it was the ONLY one where he’d be successful.

5 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Most under-reported aspect of the trade deadline: While Douglas was taking the call from Jerry Jones, Adams texted Ryan Clark about how much he’d like to play for Dallas.

Jamal’s whining after the fact was all a charade. Just another fake, manufactured PR move by one of the league’s biggest self-promoters. And most of the lemmings here fell for it.

Ryan Clark admitted to discussing the Dallas trade with Jamal before the deadline and Jamal admitted to talking to Michael Irvin about how great it’d be to be a Cowboy. You know who didn’t tweet sh*t about how much he wanted to stay a Jet *before* the deadline when he knew these talks were going on? Jamal Adams. 

Jamal wasn’t mad the Jets tried to trade him. He was butthurt the Cowboys wouldn’t cough up a fourth round to seal the deal. Jerry spun it by saying the Jets asked for the moon (a one and Tyron Smith/Zack Martin), then it comes out two days later the Jets asking price was eventually a one and a four, with the Cowboys offering a one and their backup cornerback. I’m not sure how anyone read Adams’ comments that week and came away thinking anything other than that he thought he was going to be a Cowboy and the Jets screwed him over by holding out for a decent deal. Kudos to him for playing more aggressively after the deadline, but that was likely a product of Joe Douglas telling him something to the effect of, “if you want out of here, go out and make yourself tradeable.” It’s probably why he sat out the Ravens game, because he knew he’d get embarrassed against an elite team and he didn’t want to have that on tape when the offseason rolled around. In a similar vein, it’s also suspicious that his people ran to the papers after the Dolphins win with that weird angle about Jamal inspiring his teammates from the sidelines. Looked like a PR effort wherein the Adams camp was hoping the Jets would get blown out in the two games he didn’t play and they needed to recalibrate on the fly after the defense came up huge without him. 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yes, it is that simple. Mahomes would be an elite QB with each and every one of the 32 NFL teams.

Just because KC was the BEST landing spot for Mahomes doesn’t mean it was the ONLY one where he’d be successful.

as if sam darnold could have had a joe burrow season if only he played for lsu...        sane people get gaslightled at jetnation.

• Upvote 1

On 1/25/2020 at 11:33 AM, Beerfish said:

Best young SS, which puts him about 100th  in best young players that make you win category.

I have no doubt he will remain a jet and will get a fat long term extension.  CJ and Woody will push for this as much as anyone.

And it will be a big mistake.

And herein lies the problem.  And I don't think they would 'push' as much as 'demand'.  As long as these guys are in charge, very little will change.