Senior Bowl on now

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I've never seen such terrible OT play.  Literally every single play these dudes are getting beat cleanly.  For gods sakes at least hold.

Feel bad for Hurts.  He has not had time to do much this affternoon.  Line has been absolutley dreadful.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Lith said:

Feel bad for Hurts.  He has not had time to do much this afternoon.  Line has been dreadful.

play calling is not much better, Zach Taylor getting schooled, like he is not even trying, thought he was an offensive guru, not good news for Bengal fans or Joe Burrow (maybe Joe should consider pulling an Eli)   

Just now, Tony The Wiz said:

But this was the same line that Herbert had who drove down the field twice. Herbert could be special. 

Was it the same line?  And the same defense that Herbert went up against.  With so many players shuttling in and out, its hard to keep track.

Beuatiful throw by Hurts on the TD.

1 minute ago, Lith said:

Was it the same line?  And the same defense that Herbert went up against.  With so many players shuttling in and out, its hard to keep track.

Beuatiful throw by Hurts on the TD.

Yes, there are 4 OT on this South Roster and all having horrible games. But Herbert knew how to get away from the rush. Either scrambling away and completing a pass or just running for a first down.  For me he could be the player of the game on offense even if he is on the losing team. 

Just now, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

Taylor spent some time with him too and the offense looked much better than with Hurt, could really shake up the draft

You seen on the interview with the Cincys Head Coach he is really impressed with Herbert.  The only problem is they can't trade that pick to a team like San Diego who would than pick up Burrow but than Cincy is got to be worried about Miami taking Herbert.  So the only team I see trading up is Miami if they are in love with Burrow. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Tony The Wiz said:

Great first drive by Herbert. The offensive line looks good especially the guards and center. Herbert looks the part of a top 5 QB.  

I've been saying since the Spring that Herbert is the best QB who will be entering the draft.   I would take him over JB or TT for sure.

I hope the Jets scouts saw offensive lineman Ben Barch from St. Johns.  I'd love to plug that guy in at guard. 

34 minutes ago, Tony The Wiz said:

You seen on the interview with the Cincys Head Coach he is really impressed with Herbert.  The only problem is they can't trade that pick to a team like San Diego who would than pick up Burrow but than Cincy is got to be worried about Miami taking Herbert.  So the only team I see trading up is Miami if they are in love with Burrow. 

Maybe Cinci just takes Herbert at #1 - the Browns took Baker over Sam, crazier things have happened 

unless they can create a trade market for Young - try to get the Lions or Giants to trade up over Washington...

11 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

I've been saying since the Spring that Herbert is the best QB who will be entering the draft.   I would take him over JB or TT for sure.

I hope the Jets scouts saw offensive lineman Ben Barch from St. Johns.  I'd love to plug that guy in at guard. 

Would of loved to see Bartch play in this game but he got injured but he did have a way better practice his third day than his second. Don't know if he will be drafted but you can get him as an undrafted free agent.   Also the difference between Herbert and Burrow in my analysis is that Burrow was way more consistent in his play. That is why he won the Heisman. Now the question is was it because he had better players as receivers and a better running game.  Both Offensive lines were both impressive this year but all those weapons Burrow had. Look you can't go wrong with either 1.  The QB that I am worried about is Tua and that is only because he seems fragile and doesn't have the body of these two QBS.  And he doesn't have the speed or elusiveness of an elite QB like Lamar Jackson, Russell Wilson and Patrick Mahomes.      

35 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

I think this is a ridiculous take. Herbert has been easily the most inconsistent QB and has faceplanted numerous times. 

I think there was a vision of who Herbert was going to develop into, but it never happened. Total gamble, and if I was the GM I would be scared sh*tless of burning a top 10 pick on him

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I think this is a ridiculous take. Herbert has been easily the most inconsistent QB and has faceplanted numerous times. 

I think there was a vision of who Herbert was going to develop into, but it never happened. Total gamble, and if I was the GM I would be scared sh*tless of burning a top 10 pick on him

I'll be elated if he A) goes before our pick or b) some team falls in love with  him at 11 and lets us trade down for a some nice assets.  (If our favoured ots are gone)

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I dig where you are coming from with respect to Herbert's inconsistent play.  There are a lot of reasons one player can look better than another with both of them operating within two respective sets circumstances.  

Also agree on the anxiety any GM would have when selecting a QB like JH or TT.  There are some clear red flags there with both of those QB's.  If it turns out that they cant clean it up (JH) or break the injury bug (TT) that GM's career has taken a nose dive. The safe pick would be JB at QB, but if it was my choice, I'd go with Herbert because I think he transitions to pro better than JB or TT. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I'll be elated if he A) goes before our pick or b) some team falls in love with  him at 11 and lets us trade down for a some nice assets.  (If our favoured ots are gone)

I have not been impressed with him. 

With that said, coaches can prop up guys like Trubisky/Josh Allen/Tannehill/Brissett these days. I think Herbert has enough talent to be as good as those guys. In the right system, with the right supporting cast, who knows? 

Either way, I am rooting for as many QBs to go in the top 10 as possible. With QB needy teams like the Bengals/Fish/Chargers/Panthers drafting ahead of us and teams like Colts/Bucs drafting behind us who may also be looking to trade up for a new QB there is a good chance 4 QBs go in the top 10. 
If that happens we are a lock to either get an elite OL or the best WR in the class. 

1 hour ago, Paradis said:

Real good Quarterbacks are scarce. I see here a player is like a bunch of clay which you could mold into something nice. For me I don't like the coaching staff at Oregon and I really believe you seen the real Herbert today. Get him some coaching and you could have a potential all star.     

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Tony The Wiz said:

Real good Quarterbacks are scarce. I see here a player is like a bunch of clay which you could mold into something nice. For me I don't like the coaching staff at Oregon and I really believe you seen the real Herbert today. Get him some coaching and you could have a potential all star.     

Maybe. Maybe not. 

as a self proclaimed Wiz, you can appreciate you cant coach certain parts of the game. Either a QB Is accurate or not. They can throw an anticipation or timing or not. Sure improving mechanics can also  help facilitate some of that, but as far clay goes - QB is the position most difficult to overcome limitations.  

19 minutes ago, section314 said:

The beauty of having the #1 pick is that nobody can get in front of you. You do you work and pick your guy. Cincy may end up picking the wrong player, but as far as the process goes, they can't screw it up. I still think it will be Chase Young, though.

No way.  They’re drafting Burrow they need a face of the franchise and Dalton is probably gone

14 hours ago, Paradis said:

Spot on. Herbert, IMO, never really stepped up game after game. Frustrating as hell. He looked very good yesterday but who knows how he'd be if there was a game next week. Way too inconsistent for a top of the draft pick. Late 1st or 2nd in most mocks.

16 hours ago, Lith said:

Feel bad for Hurts.  He has not had time to do much this affternoon.  Line has been absolutley dreadful.

I know what you're saying but he played like a bone head a lot. Just throwing the ball up for grabs. He's lucky he didn't suffer more picks. I think his draft stock took a hit today IMHO.

19 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

I know what you're saying but he played like a bone head a lot. Just throwing the ball up for grabs. He's lucky he didn't suffer more picks. I think his draft stock took a hit today IMHO.

had me wondering if it was Lincoln Riley play calling that made the difference last year - he was good at Bama but not as consistent - dude is a warrior but agree yesterday did not help him 

1 hour ago, Thai Jet said:

Spot on. Herbert, IMO, never really stepped up game after game. Frustrating as hell. He looked very good yesterday but who knows how he'd be if there was a game next week. Way too inconsistent for a top of the draft pick. Late 1st or 2nd in most mocks.

I have to concede that Burrow made it hard to poke holes in his game down the stretch, but I still personally favor Tua. The health thing is worrisome and would need to consult medical professionals — but he has the natural ability to anticipate, throw WRs open, and has gorgeous touch and accuracy. That’s 4/5 of the battle 

• Upvote 1