Darnold..Best in his Class

1 minute ago, Villain The Foe said:

When Lamar loses "half a step". 

So I say in about 5 years. 

Look at LJs game vs the Jets. 

Look at Sams game vs the Ravens.

Sam played pretty good most of 1st half. 

But in a multi TD loss Sam proved hoe much bette than he is than LJ and how LJ has a shelf life while WOnderBread Sam does not.

RETARDS!!!

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 2

3 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

But in a multi TD loss Sam proved hoe much bette than he is than LJ and how LJ has a shelf life while WOnderBread Sam does not.

RETARDS!!!

"Wonder Bread Sam"

You got me in tears! lmao. Stop bro! 

21 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Jets fans are some of the saltiest fans on the face of the Earth ?

Dude is MVP of the league, loses in the playoffs and suddenly their bottom 5 QB is the sh*t. 

You guys need to go and have a seat somewhere, talking all this nonsense haha. 

Sam has potential. Trying to put down the success of this dude is just weak. 

I never said he was the MVP and I don’t think he is. 
And you’re defending him an awful lot for a Jets fan. 
Should we # this?

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

When Lamar loses "half a step". 

So I say in about 5 years. 

So you think it will take 5 years for Lamar to sprain an ankle or tweak his knee?

Losing a step permanently may take 5 years. Losing a step mid season will happen much sooner and we'll see how does when teams can play him like a normal pocket passer and not commit everyone to the run.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

7 minutes ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

He’s not MVP even if they give it to him.

Pat Mahomes is.

its an argument you can make..  it'd be close..  the value to the team...   if you added playoffs mahomes would win...

bein a reg season award would weaken that argument slightly...

either way, propiing up a QB who is bottom 5 by a MVP candidates playoff lack of success...  bad argument...

saying a 500 yd performancee "sucks" is..    not legit.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

So you think it will take 5 years for Lamar to sprain an ankle or tweak his knee?

Losing a step permanently may take 5 years. Losing a step mid season will happen much sooner and we'll see how does when teams can play him like a normal pocket passer and not commit everyone to the run.

soif he misses games after Sam has missed 6 makes him less durable?

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

I completely agree. If I could pick anyone in the NFL to start an expansion team tomorrow it would be Mahomes. 

I was yelling from the rooftops for the Jets to draft Mahomes.  Posted it on these boards at before he was drafted.

For any gamblers out there this is why I think KC winning the SB next week is almost a certainty, just for the fact that if I were Jet GM Mahomes would have been drafted and after he’s a 1st ballot Hall of Famer with multiple SB rings Jet fans can think of what might have been.

Then again I wanted Marino drafted in ‘83....Marino and Mahomes...don’t even need an IQ that hit 100, to have made those decisions....Jet history would have been slightly better.

• Post of the Week 1

13 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

soif he misses games after Sam has missed 6 makes him less durable?

I never said missed games. I said limited by an ankle/knee/hamstring injury that most QBs can play through because they are competent passers. 

Lamar can throw from the pocket as long as teams fear his ability to run. If they can play him straight up he will fall apart.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

its an argument you can make..  it'd be close..  the value to the team...   if you added playoffs mahomes would win...

bein a reg season award would weaken that argument slightly...

either way, propiing up a QB who is bottom 5 by a MVP candidates playoff lack of success...  bad argument...

saying a 500 yd performancee "sucks" is..    not legit.

Mahomes is a QB in every sense of the word.

He can also put a ball in the air over 90 yards, with accuracy.

He can hit ANY kind of throw...frozen ropes, touch passes you name it.

You need him to play school yard ball?  He can do that too.

And last but not least the kid is supposedly brilliant intellectually.  Photographic memory who sees plays before they develop.

Lamar Jackson is a RB playing QB.  That will become more and more apparent in the future.

Stop posting his stats from his awful playoff game that sent his team home...sent them home pronto.  They were garbage time stats.  He let his team basically be blown out of their own building, down by what? About 3 TDs late into the 3rd Qtr, by that offensive juggernaut, Tennessee.  He couldn’t even convert multiple 4th and 1s.

Now I see that embarrassing “accuracy” performance posted on Twitter...you can have him as your QB.  Glad he’s not a Jet.  And I say that not because I think he won’t make exciting plays...with his LEGS...I say that because I don’t see the guy ever winning a SB because he’s not a QB.  And winning a SB is what it’s all about.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, New York Mick said:

I never said he was the MVP and I don’t think he is. 

What you think really doesnt change the fact that he is. You can disagree with it, but even in that situation, it would be foolish to pretend that in your disagreement that his play doesnt even put him in the conversation. The dude had an MVP-type year, if that's better for you to digest.

And you’re defending him an awful lot for a Jets fan. 
Should we # this?

I'm just not a hater, and I loved the sport before I even knew that the NYJ's existed. MVP's dont need defending when it comes to this conversation, bottom 5 QBs do. See what I did there?

And your response to my hashtag lets me know that I was #RightOnTheMoney as well. 

1 hour ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

So you're not talking losing a step with age, you're wishing for injury in order for us to see what he looks like as an "injured player" in comparison to Sam. Gotcha! Lol

Haters pray for folk's downfall. This is indeed Jetsy.

Cool story bro. We'll tune back in once Lamar gets injured so Sam can finally show us why he's better. 

2 hours ago, Larz said:

36 TDS, 6 picks , 66%, and a rating of 113. 

Without his running abilities he is far and away the best QB in his class 

Also, league MVP.

I'd love for Darnold to be the best in his class but why do we need to make these massive illogical leaps to pretend he already us? Maybe he will be one day but he sure a hell isn't right now. Sheesh

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

1 hour ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

He’s not MVP even if they give it to him.

Pat Mahomes is.

Pat Mahomes would probably give the trophy Lamar Jackson.

1 hour ago, New York Mick said:

I completely agree. If I could pick anyone in the NFL to start an expansion team tomorrow it would be Mahomes. 

Having a pick of who would start your expansion team doesnt change who was MVP of this particular season. 

This really shouldn't have to be explained.

2 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

But when Lamar injures his ankle, that means Sam moves up a spot.

So you can go put that in your pipe and smoke it, pal. 

?‍♂️

Appreciate the sarcasm, but I wouldn't joke about QB's missing time when Darnold has already missed 6 games in only two years.

8 hours ago, Warfish said:

Appreciate the sarcasm, but I wouldn't joke about QB's missing time when Darnold has already missed 6 games in only two years.

100% correct.

Folks wishing injury on Lamar in order to pigeonhole him into being something he clearly isn't should take heed to the fact that our pocket-passing QB has yet to play a full 16-game season due to injury and sickness.

And having Gase as a coach doest help since every team he's ever been in charge of have  been hit with a plethora of injuries, including the QB's.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

I don’t see many deep playoff runs from this guy.

Force him to play QB by keeping him in the pocket.  Just like Tennessee did.

I agree over the long haul. Right now Lamar Jackson is by far the better QB.But I've said this before to my coworkers.... I think Sammy is the best QB to come out of the 2018 draft he just doesn't have the team surrounding him necessary to shine and leave no doubt he's the best. Assuming JD knows what he's doing and can build a team around Sammy, I think he'll prove he was the best QB to come out of that draft.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Losmeister said:

RETARDS!!!

Dude show some respect. 

Wonderbread is an American institution 

2 hours ago, Losmeister said:

RETARDS!!!

If you are going to throw around insults like that, at least go back and fix the 20 typos you made in the thread.

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

So you're not talking losing a step with age, you're wishing for injury in order for us to see what he looks like as an "injured player" in comparison to Sam. Gotcha! Lol

Haters pray for folk's downfall. This is indeed Jetsy.

Cool story bro. We'll tune back in once Lamar gets injured so Sam can finally show us why he's better. 

You lack basic reading comprehension skills. 

I never said I wished an injury on him. 

You want to hear the negative so you created your own little conversation in your head. Not the first time I've seen you do that on this board. 

The point was that running QBs tend to suffer ankle/knee/hamstring/quad injuries (whether I want it to happen or not) and WHEN that happens his production will fall off a cliff versus the same injury happening to your standard pocket passer that doesn't rely as much on their legs. 

Going forward it will be helpful if you respond to my post and not the voices in your head. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Villain The Foe said:

Pat Mahomes would probably give the trophy Lamar Jackson.

Having a pick of who would start your expansion team doesnt change who was MVP of this particular season. 

This really shouldn't have to be explained.

The fact that Mahomes is the MVP not Jackson shouldn’t have to be explained either. 
As far as this thread goes Jackson is currently the best QB of that draft but in ten years I don’t think he will be. #

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Dude show some respect. 

Wonderbread is an American institution 

I thought you of all people would appreciate better bread. Nothing better then fresh bread from the local bakery.
Outside of it getting harder then a priest at a little league game less then a day after you buy it.