Darnold..Best in his Class

5 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

The problem is, only two teams have been able to do that. The Chargers in the playoffs last year by replacing all of their linebackers with faster safeties, and this year in the playoffs with the Titans. 

Not every team is going to have the correct personnel. But lets not forget that Lamar made a big jump in terms of being a better passer from year 1 to year 2 and this will be yet another year of comfortability under this coaching regime offensive scheme. 

The fact that folks are geeking out on a drill that he was playing in at the "Pro Bowl" says all that needs to be said. 

How about Sam Darnold prove that he's the best in the class. So far Lamar has pushed the envelope to being "MVP" of the league. 

How about Sam go do that instead of hating on this dude because of insecurity. 

This should have been easy for an NFL QB so stop defending him. Would he done better with JJ Watt chasing him?

He was literally standing there missing targets that were for the most part stationary 

• Upvote 1

No question LJ deserves all the accolades, is a dynamic athlete.  However, he not a great QB.  He is at least not yet.  He may become one but we have not seen dynamic athletes playing QB transited to great QBs.  Mike Vick, Randall Cunningham..etc.

As for Sam, he is a better thrower of the ball, and faced more adverse conditions due to lack of talent, coaching and ownership.  Right now, LJ is definitely better football player.  Will it make him better?  Jury is still out.  But, I rather have Sam in the long run than LJ. 

9 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

You lack basic reading comprehension skills. 

I never said I wished an injury on him. 

You want to hear the negative so you created your own little conversation in your head. Not the first time I've seen you do that on this board. 

Really? Here's what you said. 

11 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

So you think it will take 5 years for Lamar to sprain an ankle or tweak his knee?

Losing a step permanently may take 5 years. Losing a step mid season will happen much sooner and we'll see how does when teams can play him like a normal pocket passer and not commit everyone to the run.

You just guaranteed an injury with that statement. Since you brought up comprehension, do you know what "will" means? Do you know what "will" means when you accompany it with "happen" and then say "much sooner"? 

See, this isnt the "negative I created" this is folks being loose with words, and then when called on it they want to mention comprehension yet cant comprehend what they actually wrote. 

So, after you essentially guaranteed this man's injury, and the fact that it will happen much sooner, you then go on to say that "Then we'll see how he does when teams can play him like a normal pocket passer". 

That sounds like hate, insecurity and wishing for an injury just to make Sam Darnold the best of the bunch...yet not realizing that if it required an injury for Sam to be the best, then Sam never really was the best of the bunch, now was he? You see, confident folks would say think that once Sam gets support than he'll be able to be better than what Lamar is now, instead of saying that Lamar will get injured, as if Sam is immune to injury. 

The point was that running QBs tend to suffer ankle/knee/hamstring/quad injuries (whether I want it to happen or not) and WHEN that happens his production will fall off a cliff versus the same injury happening to your standard pocket passer that doesn't rely as much on their legs. 

Going forward it will be helpful if you respond to my post and not the voices in your head. 

This is clearly one sided. You seem to just on Lamar Jackson and his ability being taken away via, while mentioning nothing about what pocket passers tend to suffer. So lets do that.

The point is also that pocket passers tend to suffer AC joint sprain/dislocation, Shoulder dislocation/instability, labral tears, contusions and fractures when getting hit in that pocket. However, given that they rely mainly on their throwing ability, these same QB's tend to suffer rotator cuff tendonitis and bicep tendonitis just given the continuous throwing motion. 

What you guys are doing is a terrible one-sided version of "wishful thinking" in order to make a ridiculous conclusion while omitting the fact that it's been Darnold that has had injuries and missed game due to those injuries. 

If Lamar injures his ankle/knee/hamstring he can probably still play given that he can still throw the ball. Sam injuring his throwing shoulder is pretty much worthless. 

Oh, and Both Vick and Cunningham became much better passers after their running ability diminished. I guess that's impossible for Lamar Jackson. 

The saltiness by this fanbase is lame. 

9 hours ago, New York Mick said:

The fact that Mahomes is the MVP not Jackson shouldn’t have to be explained either. 

This didnt have to be explained, and it never was explained. What was explained was your thoughts on how you would build an expansion team, which was irrelevant to the MVP was this year. Keep up brother. 

As far as this thread goes Jackson is currently the best QB of that draft but in ten years I don’t think he will be. #

2 years in and he's been the best. We'll see how this looks in the next 8. Hopefully this is just a phenomenal draft class, so no matter who the "best" is the QB's overall are SB capable. That would be a better position to take than the general stuff I've read i this thread thus far. 

11 hours ago, New York Mick said:

The fact that Mahomes is the MVP not Jackson shouldn’t have to be explained either. 
As far as this thread goes Jackson is currently the best QB of that draft but in ten years I don’t think he will be. #

you simply stating that YOUR opinion is a fact shows that your intellect is severely wanting.

and yes, i am an absolute crap typist. ya think i GAF writing on an internet spoorts forum?

and Crusher? I DO NOT HAVE TO respect everyones opinion.

What is a word YOU would use to describe folks that are tryna say Sam is better than LJ cos LJ lost his playoff games?

Seriously? Only adjectives that describe some sort of deficiency apply. 

I mean, a little kid might look at an obese person and point and say " They are fat!" It's a fact. Internet microaggressions, is that what we are coming down to? 

I get called any niumber of names...    so what.

BTW, what records as an nfl QB does Sam have? Will ever have?

3 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

This didnt have to be explained, and it never was explained. What was explained was your thoughts on how you would build an expansion team, which was irrelevant to the MVP was this year. Keep up brother. 

2 years in and he's been the best. We'll see how this looks in the next 8. Hopefully this is just a phenomenal draft class, so no matter who the "best" is the QB's overall are SB capable. That would be a better position to take than the general stuff I've read i this thread thus far. 

Taking a player for starting a new team would obviously be the best player in the NFL (MVP) and that’s not Jackson. 
This class has a long way to go before it looks like the 1983 or 2004 draft. 

13 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

you simply stating that YOUR opinion is a fact shows that your intellect is severely wanting.

and yes, i am an absolute crap typist. ya think i GAF writing on an internet spoorts forum?

and Crusher? I DO NOT HAVE TO respect everyones opinion.

What is a word YOU would use to describe folks that are tryna say Sam is better than LJ cos LJ lost his playoff games?

Seriously? Only adjectives that describe some sort of deficiency apply. 

I mean, a little kid might look at an obese person and point and say " They are fat!" It's a fact. Internet microaggressions, is that what we are coming down to? 

I get called any niumber of names...    so what.

BTW, what records as an nfl QB does Sam have? Will ever have?

Apparently you can’t read or type because I never once said Darnold was better this season then Jackson. Jackson was obviously the best QB of that draft this season. I said Mahomes was the MVP not Jackson now go crawl back under your rock. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, New York Mick said:

Taking a player for starting a new team would obviously be the best player in the NFL (MVP) and that’s not Jackson. 

the best player threw 10 LESS TDs (80 fewer attepmted passes)

and rushed for 5 LESS Tds  and 900+ LESS yds rushing...

HEY JET NATION THE MICK HAS INVENTED NEW MATH!!!!

LESS=MORE!!

• Sympathy 1

7 hours ago, Newjetsfan said:

No question LJ deserves all the accolades, is a dynamic athlete.  However, he not a great QB.  He is at least not yet.  He may become one but we have not seen dynamic athletes playing QB transited to great QBs.  Mike Vick, Randall Cunningham..etc.

As for Sam, he is a better thrower of the ball, and faced more adverse conditions due to lack of talent, coaching and ownership.  Right now, LJ is definitely better football player.  Will it make him better?  Jury is still out.  But, I rather have Sam in the long run than LJ. 

No LJ is a better athlete than Sam, but Sam is the better QB. I prefer the QB.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

100% correct.

Folks wishing injury on Lamar in order to pigeonhole him into being something he clearly isn't should take heed to the fact that our pocket-passing QB has yet to play a full 16-game season due to injury and sickness.

And having Gase as a coach doest help since every team he's ever been in charge of have  been hit with a plethora of injuries, including the QB's.

I missed the part where people are wishing injury.

Saying he'll be slowed by injuries, given his "running back who occasionally throws a pass" isn't the same as wishing injury anymore than like the Heisman, winning the MVP doesn't make him a great or top QB.

LJ is what he is.

A RB who plays QB and is successful because that style fits in perfectly with a team that is built around a top running game combined with a top D.

Hes not a top QB in a passing game, hes never been accurate and has no consistency to his passing game

Yes he can run with anyone who ever played the game but if the Ravens they're in trouble 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

A RB who plays QB and is successful because that style fits in perfectly with a team that is built around a top running game combined with a top D.

Same way he won a heisman...    just walked into the perfect situation....  who played WR for him???

9 hours ago, Jet Life said:

I love Sam but only on a Jet forum would this not be openly mocked

Is it that crazy?  Sam is already the second best qb in the ‘18 draft class and that’s with a horrible supporting cast and head coach

Been saying it all along he will end up as the best.  If Lamar gets injured Sam could surpass him

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

LJ is what he is.

Hes not a top QB in a passing game, hes never been accurate and has no consistency to his passing game

Yes he can run with anyone who ever played the game but if the Ravens they're in trouble 

You’re talking about him like he’s Vick he’s a way better passer already than Vick ever was 

What’s gonna happen with Lamar is he will have two more statistically greater seasons and then the injuries will start

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

Same way he won a heisman...    just walked into the perfect situation....  who played WR for him???

Agree, I said somewhere else, I think, that MVP means hes the best QB as much as Heisman means best QB.

12 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

You’re talking about him like he’s Vick he’s a way better passer already than Vick ever was 

What’s gonna happen with Lamar is he will have two more statistically greater seasons and then the injuries will start

And that is totally wrong, Vick was a better passer.

Both of their games are set up by their legs and ability to take off and run.  

Both are QBs who's best work, biggest damage happens when the play breaks down.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, New York Mick said:

You clearly dont understand or refuse to accept what the MVP is and means. 

I'll leave you up to it though. ?

1 minute ago, Villain The Foe said:

Wrong season bro. Let's keep up. 

Obviously, the Ravens didn’t play in the wildcard against the Chargers this year and Flacco was traded to Denver but Jackson  still played in that game and shows a pattern in the playoffs. Being the “best” player in the regular season just to lose as soon as you get to the playoffs is useless.