Adam Gase does it his way

Maxman

6 hours ago, Xtina said:

Fabulous he studies film. Too bad this doesn’t translate to the field. When you have to work so much harder at something than everyone else, that’s not in the plus column 

What exactly didn't "translate to the field" as we won 6 of our last 8 games with an XFL caliber roster?

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2

I want to reiterate this because no one else is doing so: Peyton Manning’s best season came when Gase was a scouting assistant on the Lions. 

By every valid measure of QB efficiency, productivity, or value, 2004 was far superior than 2013. By DVOA & DYAR, Peyton’s best seasons were 2004 & 2006.  By AY/A, NAY/A, QB Rating, his best season was 2004. 

Peyton’s 2004 season is still the gold standard for QBs based on DVOA over the last 30 years. 

Please, let’s all stop this propaganda by the gasologists that Gase somehow taught one of the GOATs something new to help him achieve new heights. He didn’t - as evidenced by every other thing he’s ever done in the NFL at an OC or HC level.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

As we learned with Mark Sanchez, putting the time in doesn’t  = Competency.

Same applies to all the bros who run around working 16 hours days talking about hustle... but they need to work double the hours to complete half the work I do. they're not good at what they do... promoting ones self as a time martyr just makes them look incompetent.

Certainly.

My point is that there is a reason the guy is bug-eyed.  He's working tirelessly to improve the team.  Criticize the guy all you want for his ability, but don't take shots at his eyes.  They look that way because he's pulling all-nighter's for us.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

18 hours ago, Xtina said:

Fabulous he studies film. Too bad this doesn’t translate to the field. When you have to work so much harder at something than everyone else, that’s not in the plus column 

That's not the point.  The point is he has a physical ailment because he is working very hard.  So you shouldn't bully him.

SAR I

23 hours ago, SAR I said:

Adam Gase operates on 3 hours of sleep as he breaks down film all night and leaves for the office at 4am:

”Well, per former Dolphins exec Mike Tannebaum -- now an analyst for ESPN -- he would receive texts from Gase at 4 a.m. on a daily basis. But, Tannebaum wasn't the only person the Jets boss turned to in the wee hours of the night. 

Per Pompei, wideout Kenny Stills oft found himself pleading his former coach to stop texting him after midnight because he was trying to sleep, something Gase almost never did.

If all that wasn't enough to prove that Gase is virtually married to coaching, then this alarming tale surely will. His wife, Jennifer, claims that generally gets home at 2 a.m. on the regular and reports back to work four hours later at 6 a.m. You do the math.

Additionally, when she travels to road games, Jennifer finds herself in a separate room because her husband is up analyzing film all night.“

So let’s make fun of his exhaustion. 

SAR I

So he stays up all night "watching film." Hunh?

BothHoarseFireant-size_restricted.gif.ae633ff7f7bc720b4db486f161357c67.gif

5 hours ago, SAR I said:

Certainly.

My point is that there is a reason the guy is bug-eyed.  He's working tirelessly to improve the team.  Criticize the guy all you want for his ability, but don't take shots at his eyes.  They look that way because he's pulling all-nighter's for us.

SAR I

He looked that way in his introductory press-conference. At that point he’s done nothing but accept the job.

He’s probably got a thyroid problem, you putz.

On 1/26/2020 at 10:36 AM, SAR I said:

Peyton Manning had his two best seasons and the offensive-record-breaking Denver Broncos won the AFC Championship under Adam Gases’ direction and the Super Bowl in his third after he was hired away as a head coach.  

But you need to be miserable. So you are. 

SAR I  

And Manning was telling Gase what to do...

On 1/27/2020 at 3:10 PM, THE BARON said:

And Manning was telling Gase what to do...

"Adam was wonderful to me after my injury. I had to learn to play football in a sort of different physical state because I couldn't throw the ball the same way."

-Peyton Manning 

Translation: Adam Gase saved Peyton Manning’s career, led him to a record-setting offensive performance and a Super Bowl when many thought his career was over, and as a result deserves all the credit Peyton Manning gave him.  

SAR I

14 hours ago, SAR I said:

"Adam was wonderful to me after my injury. I had to learn to play football in a sort of different physical state because I couldn't throw the ball the same way."

-Peyton Manning 

Translation: Adam Gase saved Peyton Manning’s career, led him to a record-setting offensive performance and a Super Bowl when many thought his career was over, and as a result deserves all the credit Peyton Manning gave him.  

SAR I

For g*d sake, give your brain a chance.  Did you see the Jets offensive statistics for the 2019 season ???  Did you watch the games ??? Even Brian Schottenheimer who the Jets fans wanted at the end of a rope would have run an offence that finished much higher in the stats with the materials that charlatan Gase had to work with... 

I have said that Gase may very well have been a good QB coach, but in no way does that mean he is a good HC or even a good OC.  *THAT* is the compelling fact that we are dealing with.

The Jets fans are on a high speed bus ride being driven by a blind man... 

On 1/26/2020 at 4:19 PM, SAR I said:

Adam Gase operates on 3 hours of sleep as he breaks down film all night and leaves for the office at 4am:

”Well, per former Dolphins exec Mike Tannebaum -- now an analyst for ESPN -- he would receive texts from Gase at 4 a.m. on a daily basis. But, Tannebaum wasn't the only person the Jets boss turned to in the wee hours of the night. 

Per Pompei, wideout Kenny Stills oft found himself pleading his former coach to stop texting him after midnight because he was trying to sleep, something Gase almost never did.

If all that wasn't enough to prove that Gase is virtually married to coaching, then this alarming tale surely will. His wife, Jennifer, claims that generally gets home at 2 a.m. on the regular and reports back to work four hours later at 6 a.m. You do the math.

Additionally, when she travels to road games, Jennifer finds herself in a separate room because her husband is up analyzing film all night.“

So let’s make fun of his exhaustion. 

SAR I

Work smarter, not harder.

14 hours ago, SAR I said:

-Peyton Manning 

SAR I

This is like a Marine wife claiming credit for her husband's combat medals because he tells his friends he "couldn't have made it without her support."

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, THE BARON said:

Did you see the Jets offensive statistics for the 2019 season ???

The only statistics that matter: 

With 18 players on IR, the Jets led the league in players lost due to injury.

After a brutal 1-7 open the Jets finished 6-2, second best record in the entire NFL.

Did you watch the games ???

I watched the Jets go 0-4 without a #1 or #2 quarterback and a boatload of injuries.

I watched the Jets finish 6-2 getting the QB back but getting hit with even more injuries.

I watched Sam Darnold finish as a Top 10 QB in the last half of the season with 15 TD's, 4 INT's, and a QBR of 93.3 with dog sh*t for an OL, TE's, and WR's.

I have said that Gase may very well have been a good QB coach, but in no way does that mean he is a good HC or even a good OC.

Adam Gase proved he is a good head coach.  Every Jets team in history has collapsed facing such circumstances and Gase got us to an amazing 7-9. 

Gase has already proven himself a good offensive coordinator, the best QB in the history of the game has given him complete credit for his post-neck injury turnaround.  Given the proper weapons and a blank injury report, the 2020 Jets season stands to be epic.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

After a brutal 1-7 open the Jets finished 6-2, second best record in the entire NFL.

I watched the Jets go 0-4 without a #1 or #2 quarterback and a boatload of injuries.

I watched the Jets finish 6-2 getting the QB back but getting hit with even more injuries.

I watched Sam Darnold finish as a Top 10 QB in the last half of the season with 15 TD's, 4 INT's, and a QBR of 93.3.

Adam Gase proved he is a good head coach.  Every Jets team in history has collapsed facing such circumstances and Gase got us to an amazing 7-9. 

Gase has already proven himself a good offensive coordinator, the best QB in the history of the game has given him complete credit for his post-neck injury turnaround.  Given the proper weapons and a blank injury report, the 2020 Jets season stands to be epic.

SAR I

Thank you, Mrs. Gase...

• Thumb Down 1

3 hours ago, jgb said:

This is like a Marine wife claiming credit for her husband's combat medals because he tells his friends he "couldn't have made it without her support."

"Mentally, Adam was able to take some plays that I used to run and build this hybrid offense where I could just go out there and play."

That is the greatest QB of all time saying that Adam Gase taught him how to play the game differently and built a different offense suited completely to his new/changed skillset.  Manning did not have to put his name on Gase to help him land the job in Miami and certainly not after his challenges down there and seeking a second job.  If Manning had reservations about Gase, he never would have put his name on him in New Jersey.  Never.

And forget Manning.  Just use your eyes.  He did the same thing for Darnold this year.  Darnold finished 7-5 on this crappy injured team, the Jets would have made the playoffs if we had a kicker and Mosley.  After the "ghosts" game, Gase worked with Darnold and he finished the year as a 6-2 second half Top 10 quarterback with 15 TD's, 4 INT's, and a QBR of 93.3.  Exactly what Manning said he did for him.

You #nevergasers are going to have to get used to the fact that we have a good HC and a roster and a QB that responded to him.   You are going to have to get used to the fact that not a single position coach or coordinator is bolting town.  You are going to have to get used to the fact that Gase proved himself a good HC in the second half of this season and the gap between the Jets and Bills and Patriots is likely down to nothing by next September.  I'm sorry to be the one to tell you that we're winning the division next year.  I know that makes you sad.  But you'll have to find a way to deal with it.

SAR I

11 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I watched Sam Darnold finish as a Top 10 QB in the last half of the season with 15 TD's, 4 INT's, and a QBR of 93.3.

SAR I

The only thing that matters is winning a SB.

3 minutes ago, Apache 51 said:

The only thing that matters is winning a SB.

No.  I used to think that too.  But there's something that happens first that's just as important:

What matters to a young, rebuilding team is that they learn how to win regular season games consistently.  That's what leads to the Super Bowl.  6-2 was a nice first step in that direction.  The fans flying planes at 0-4 and the team responding to their coach by stringing together wins and upsetting superior teams is a nice first step in that direction too.  Same for the QB taking a dogsh*t offense decimated by injury and working his way into the Top 10.  This was a good season.  When we're at the parade in the Canyon Of Heroes in a year or two, we'll look back at this season as a very important moment in team history.

SAR I

11 minutes ago, SAR I said:

You're welcome, Mrs. Ryan.

SAR I

I'm most interested to see what new batch of excuses the Gase supporters are going to lean on in 2020 when the Jets offense still under performs...

The way I see it, Gase has two things he can thank for the 6-2 season ending.  # 1 is the low quality of teams they faced and # 2 is the Jets not so secret weapon; Greg Williams...

But, hey... He's rich.

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

"Mentally, Adam was able to take some plays that I used to run and build this hybrid offense where I could just go out there and play."

That is the greatest QB of all time saying that Adam Gase taught him how to play the game differently and built a different offense suited completely to his new/changed skillset.  Manning did not have to put his name on Gase to help him land the job in Miami and certainly not after his challenges down there and seeking a second job.  If Manning had reservations about Gase, he never would have put his name on him in New Jersey.  Never.

And forget Manning.  Just use your eyes.  He did the same thing for Darnold this year.  Darnold finished 7-5 on this crappy injured team, the Jets would have made the playoffs if we had a kicker and Mosley.  After the "ghosts" game, Gase worked with Darnold and he finished the year as a 6-2 second half Top 10 quarterback with 15 TD's, 4 INT's, and a QBR of 93.3.  Exactly what Manning said he did for him.

You #nevergasers are going to have to get used to the fact that we have a good HC and a roster and a QB that responded to him.   You are going to have to get used to the fact that not a single position coach or coordinator is bolting town.  You are going to have to get used to the fact that Gase proved himself a good HC in the second half of this season and the gap between the Jets and Bills and Patriots is likely down to nothing by next September.  I'm sorry to be the one to tell you that we're winning the division next year.  I know that makes you sad.  But you'll have to find a way to deal with it.

SAR I

Cool, so Adam Gase can turn Peyton Manning into Peyton Manning.

Never Gasers? Lol. I'm willing to be proven wrong. Ask yourself what Gase has to do for you to change yours? His HC record is horrific, so my guess is you are pretty locked in your position.