Eli... as QB Coach for Sam... Thoughts

jetsons

Many in the league say time & time again there isn't a QB whose acumen is equal to that of Eli's when it comes to football... Obviously he comes from a football family with Father & brother Both acclaimed QB's in their day.... What would you think of him as Sam's teacher... Me, personally I would welcome it.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, More Cowbell said:

The game has passed him by. Elu wouldn't  be able to teach Sam properly with the way. QB is required to move, something he never did. 

no offense but that makes like Zero sense... Moving & "Knowing" the QB position have nothing to do with each other... preparing plays where the QB can roll out and use his athletic ability is not a "learning" ability it is a skill the QB has or does not.. . Learning the position of QB is something Completely different.

2 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Why not just get Joe Montana?

Obviously, because you can play great means you can coach great!  Just ask Wayne Gretzky!

Eli was Not Great... he was Good... but playing & coaching are 2 completely different abilities... many Great coaches weren't great or even good players. 

• Upvote 1

You have had a long successful career Eli what do you want to do next?

"Well I have always dreamed of coaching under Hobbit Loggains and Adam Gase, the guy my brother made relevant.  I've also had a real hankering to coach Mike White and David Fales as Gase and Loggains have told me they are looking after Sam Darnold.  Wait, is Luke Falk still on the team?  I think I could fix him."

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, jetsons said:

no offense but that makes like Zero sense... Moving & "Knowing" the QB position have nothing to do with each other... preparing plays where the QB can roll out and use his athletic ability is not a "learning" ability it is a skill the QB has or does not.. . Learning the position of QB is something Completely different.

Right, Eli would know exactly how to tell Sam this situation you should run and this one slide because Eli has done all those things. <S>

I mean what is Eli going to teach him?

5 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Right, Eli would know exactly how to tell Sam this situation you should run and this one slide because Eli has done all those things. <S>

I mean what is Eli going to teach him?

About the QB position which in the Most Difficult to learn of Any sport... which means he can teach Sam a lot...

running/sliding is really not something you "teach" a QB... either they have the skill or they don't... all QB's have their own way of dealing with the pass rush when it happens... some do it well & some not so well... Sam does it well imo. 

1 hour ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Dude worth around $200M, just retired, will get offers for.some nice, cushy studio shows as an analyst.  But yeah, sure, he'll take that $75,000 a year job working for Adam Gase. You bet.

FFS, people. THINK. 

money has nothing to do with it... it's the love & passion for the game.... seeing someone excel because of your tutelage is priceless. 

Do you want Eli as Sam's Qb coach....

Do you want Kate Upton to fall in love with you...

Do you want to play baseball like Mike Trout...

These 3 things have the same chance of happening. Did it ever occur to you that if Eli wanted to mentor a QB, he probably could've signed a five MILLION Dollar contract to mentor and back up Daniel Jones. You know, the guy who plays for the Giants, the team he played his entire career with, and someone he and his family have known since he was a kid.

But yeah, lets talk about him coming here instead.  Jeez....

• Upvote 1

Eli is one of the few athletes married to his team.

He is a N.Y. Giant, and will remain a Giant for life.

He earned $252 MM if football....

not going across the field to be a QB coach for the Jets.

His intangibles are not coachable, and what's coachable in the position can be be

taught by many others.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, LRJets said:

Eli is one of the few athletes married to his team.

He is a N.Y. Giant, and will remain a Giant for life.

He earned $252 MM if football....

not going across the field to be a QB coach for the Jets.

His intangibles are not coachable, and what's coachable in the position can be be

taught by many others.

That's fair... I was just wondering ?

• Upvote 1

what does a "QB COACH" actually do...  go over details about footwork? have any of these coaches played? 

who do you think actually helped a QB really really change his level of play?

I can think of only ONE example. Gruden/Gannon..

ie- i tink its at least half malarkey,.

13 hours ago, jetsons said:

What makes zero sense is creating this ridiculous Post!

giphy.gif

• WTF? 1