Mosley on Pace for Off season work; Need him for D to be even better

7 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:
  1. Rate This
  2. ravenmuscle says:

Mosley was a major liability when dropping back in pass coverage. Grossly overpaid. The only person deserving of that kind of contract on the Jets is Jamal Adams.

@T0mShane

Deleting every post I’ve ever made in deference to the scholarship of “ravensmuscle”

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

Does anyone really expect Mosley to come back and the dominant player he was?

We would have been lucky to get two years of him at that level even if he stayed healthy, but with that injury and even if he’s 100% I suspect he’ll be nothing more than an average ILB...

Which is why you don’t give interior defensive players (that don’t rush the QB) $80+ mm

• Upvote 3

Here is what I would expect is Mosely and the other LB's are healthy.

They perform more of the role LB's are supposed to, including pass rush.

Adams goes back to being a Safety playing Safety (instead of EDGE/LB) and his production of pass-rush (what sets him apart from other good safeties) diminishes, but he does not get more INT's and PD's.

JMO.  2019 Adams was mostly about him being a very good LB.  Not a very good safety.

• Upvote 1

The performance of our ilbs was totally fine without the huge money pro bowlers.  The defense will not be appreciably better with our big dollar ilbs.

This team invests heavily in the positions on d that are easily replaced.  DT, ILB, Safeties.

Great CBS and pass rushers make your D great.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Warfish said:

Here is what I would expect is Mosely and the other LB's are healthy.

They perform more of the role LB's are supposed to, including pass rush.

Adams goes back to being a Safety playing Safety (instead of EDGE/LB) and his production of pass-rush (what sets him apart from other good safeties) diminishes, but he does not get more INT's and PD's.

JMO.  2019 Adams was mostly about him being a very good LB.  Not a very good safety.

This is 100% correct and why I would trade him.

8 hours ago, pdxgreen said:

In retrospect, I wish we'd have struck out with Moseley and gotten a pass rusher instead.

Fun fact:  The Packers signed pass rushers Za'Darius Smith and Preston Smith to significantly less total guaranteed coin ($36M) than Mosley got on his own ($51M).  

Result:  The Smith's combined for 25.5 sacks this season.

Macc was the best, wasn't he?

CC:  @Pac

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Joe Jets fan said:

Lol.  Some of you are just freaking nuts.  
did you not watch the bills game when he was healthy?  

you all deserve to have crap players cause you don’t know what good ones look like.  

Just because Mosley is the best player on the defense and will be a beast when healthy doesn't mean that acquiring him was a smart decision.  

The Jamal lovers will be quite upset when they realize in hindsight that Mosley is the # 1 reason Jamal Adams won't get a 2nd contract here.

4 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Fun fact:  The Packers signed pass rushers Za'Darius Smith and Preston Smith to significantly less total guaranteed coin ($36M) than Mosley got on his own ($51M).  

Result:  The Smith's combined for 25.5 sacks this season.

Macc was the best, wasn't he?

CC:  @Pac

Result:  A loss in a conference championship game which many of you have tried to convince me is a failed season.

3 minutes ago, Pac said:

Result:  A loss in a conference championship game which many of you have tried to convince me is a failed season.

It is, especially for a franchise like GB.  But there are also levels of failure.  We haven't been to the playoffs in a decade.  And making it rain on awful or disappointing players in free agency played a significant role in the latter half of that decade resulting in just 31 wins over 5 seasons.

8 hours ago, Pac said:

It is a lost season. Just like our loss to Miami, Denver, Indy & Pittsburgh in the AFCCGs. Almost fades from memory pretty quickly, except for the mistakes or plays that could have won those games. Mud Bowl, Byers fumble, Brein misses not 1 but 2 kicks, Indy sits Manning, Steelers run ball down Down our throats.