Browns to make Eagles VIP Of Football Operations the youngest GM in NFL history.

10 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Agreed.

Joe will build this team for the longterm.  He's not trying to spackle holes and put duct tape on things for Adam Gase's 2020 season.  He's going to put the foundation in place so that the roster can have longterm success.  Joe isn't trying to keep his job for 2021 or 2022, he's going to line things up to get an extension before 2025.....whether Adam Gase is coaching this team or not.

Kahlil=Long

BS

Hoping for better results

• Upvote 2

52 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

I love the "make fun of the Browns" comments in this thread.

It's so much fun to make fun of an organization like them. The only time it hasn't been fun is when we've had to play them the last two seasons.

Then they got to make fun of us.

To be fair they are hard to like...a lot of jackasses on that team 

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, David Harris said:

I think Baker’s older than the GM 

I think Berry should try to unload Baker and start fresh. Baker’s rookie season plus the fact that he still has 2+1 years left under the team’s control should be enough to make teams overlook all of his negatives, and would reasonably fetch the browns a first and second round pick, if not 2 firsts. Use the draft to shore up the OL and get OBJ’s replacement, and then go all in on Lawrence next draft.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Bruce Harper said:

I think I would have kept Dorsey and fired Kitchens.  Close call (Doresy has made some major mistakes) but this team needs some stability.

Dorsey is supposed to be a pain in the ass to work with, no one wants to be around the guy.

Its why he was out of KC and available to Cleveland in the first place.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Jets723 said:

To be fair they are hard to like...a lot of jackasses on that team 

Yep.  I was all on board with the Browns when they stocked up on picks and were adding a lot of exciting young talent.  Then they added Baker and Odell and became completely unlikable.  

@HessStation can speak to that too.  He was all in on the Browns before he switched to the Titans.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yep.  I was all on board with the Browns when they stocked up on picks and were adding a lot of exciting young talent.  Then they added Baker and Odell and became completely unlikable.  

@HessStation can speak to that too.  He was all in on the Browns before he switched to the Titans.

Absolutely.  Not only are they unlikeable but all the media was kissing their ass in the offseason saying they were a Super Bowl contender so it’s tough not to laugh seeing them implode and Baker taking three steps backward 

3 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

The approach is different in the offseason.  I don't think Douglas is targeting Ryan Kalil if he was here last February/March.  Signing him was a last minute flailing move in an effort to reinforce an offensive line that had been neglected by his predecessor.  Beggars can't be choosers in August when it comes to finding last minute talent.

Joe D has the spotlight on him now through June.  Let's see what his methodical plan, approach and execution look like when he's not thrown in the cockpit and asked to fly a plane that's already at 30,000 feet and running low on fuel.

I'm hopeful we see building blocks start to be stacked this Spring.

Agree.  In fairness I’m not gonna get on Douglas  too much for Kalil.  He literally got here in June after the offseason.  It was a last ditch effort to see if we can improve the Center spot.  This time around he has a full offseason 

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

I love the "make fun of the Browns" comments in this thread.

It's so much fun to make fun of an organization like them. The only time it hasn't been fun is when we've had to play them the last two seasons.

Then they got to make fun of us.

Good thing Darnold was sick this year, or the Browns would have finished 5-11 instead of 6-10. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Depends on the day.  Some days he's a Browns fan.  Other days he's a Bills fan.  Still others, Ravens.  Whichever team's young QB just had a big day or won a big game.

Except the Jets, in which case the win was in spite of the young QB. Instead, he’ll throw in something about “dirty NY girls” to take shots at Sam’s mono (which isn’t even his original content. He swiped it from his idol villain ?)

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 3