Browns to make Eagles VIP Of Football Operations the youngest GM in NFL history.

2 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Am I allowed to root for Douglas to be better and have more success but root for the 32 year old to succeed as well?

Not until you find some kind of Gase/Douglas/Darnold version of EY.  Teddy not a Jet.  How about RobbEY?

And then only if you promise not to make your avatar the GM of another team.  In other words...  don't be trollin'.  

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

Not until you find some kind of Gase/Douglas/Darnold version of EY.  Teddy not a Jet.  How about RobbEY?

And then only if you promise not to make your avatar the GM of another team.  In other words...  don't be trollin'.  

I didn't want to jinx Darnold.  Who knows how much lower than 32nd in DYAR and 31st in DVOA he'd be, had I.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I mean, at some point when you’re being called that over and over by lots of different people, including the owner of the board, maybe you should consider it’s time to tone down things on your end?

You’re not a troll but you 100 % go overboard with your singular focus on criticizing Darnold supporters and Mayfield/Allen detractors. Some of it is funny/tongue in cheek but it’s as if you expect a Jets board to rip a QB that at least has shown a little bit of promise and has a likable personality, unlike many of the Jets’ past QBs.

and he NEG reps you when he simply disagrees with you. Quite childish actually.

22 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

The only time it hasn't been fun is when we've had to play them the last two seasons.

Then they got to make fun of us.

Maybe they should have stopped making fun of us when they played us with a 3rd string QB and concentrated a little harder on winning.   

Maybe then they would have won more than the Jets.  

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

and he NEG reps you when he simply disagrees with you. Quite childish actually.

I don't think I've EVER neg repped you or @Jetsfan80 

The quote this morning coming from you is what seems childish, and to be honest, unnecessary. I've always gotten along well with the two of you. You've read this thread, and obviously saw the tone it took yesterday.

And now you jump in?

Maybe I'm just a different type of person, but when a "friend" of mine is getting hammered the way I am here in this thread, or in real life the last thing I'd want to do is pile on. I'd support him, or just stay out of it. The last thing I'd do is join in.

I'm learning a lot about people I thought I was friendly with here in the last few hours..

49 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

The quotes this morning coming from you and people like @Jet Nut are what seem childish, and to be honest, unnecessary. I've always gotten along well with the two of you. You've all read this thread, and obviously saw the tone it's took yesterday.

And now you jump in?

Maybe I'm just a different type of person, but when a "friend" of mine is getting hammered the way I am here in this thread, or in real life the last thing I'd want to do is pile on. I'd support him, or just stay out of it. The last thing I'd do is join in.

I'm learning a lot about people I thought I was friendly with here in the last few hours..

WTF did I say that was childish.  That if the Browns spent less time making fun of the Jets and playing hard they might have won more games than the Jets? 

Really?  That was childish?  You’re taking this defense of the Browns too far.  

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

WTF did I say that was childish.  That if the Browns spent less time making fun of the Jets and playing hard they might have won more games than the Jets? 

Really?  That was childish?  You’re taking this defense of the Browns too far 

I edited the post before your reply, 1 tagged you by mistake, I meant to type jetfan80, then when I realized I wrote jetnut (I had just read your post), I removed you. 

Still, I wish you had just not joined in this morning. At this point, it really seems like "third man in " stuff for you and @southparkcpa to do that.

Especially from him. We talked about getting together for some golf in April when he was coming to Myrtle Beach. I was going to invite him to stay at my home when he came down, and set up tee times on some great venues.

Lesson learned.

This place has me a little hot under the collar right now, I think it's time for a self imposed break. Hope your health situation stays under control., Stay strong. I'll talk to you again in a few weeks or so.

39 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

I edited the post before your reply, 1 tagged you by mistake, I meant to type jetfan80, then when I realized I wrote jetnut (I had just read your post), I removed you. 

Still, I wish you had just not joined in this morning. At this point, it really seems like "third man in " stuff for you and @southparkcpa to do that.

Especially from him. We talked about getting together for some golf in April when he was coming to Myrtle Beach. I was going to invite him to stay at my home when he came down, and set up tee times on some great venues.

Lesson learned.

Reread what I wrote, sounds like you misread it.  I said the Browns shouldn’t make fun of the Jets given their final records.  Didn’t say a word about you or criticized you.  Wasn’t piling on

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

Reread what I wrote, sounds like you misread it.  I said the Browns shouldn’t make fun of the Jets given their final records.  Didn’t say a word about you or criticized you.  

We're all good my friend. You keep missing my edits lol. I added the below to my prior post before you replied.

40 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

This place has me a little hot under the collar right now, I think it's time for a self imposed break. Hope your health situation stays under control., Stay strong. I'll talk to you again in a few weeks or so.

2 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

Can't speak for the others but was just trying to give you some tough love my man.  

3 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

The quote this morning coming from you is what seems childish, and to be honest, unnecessary. I've always gotten along well with the two of you. You've read this thread, and obviously saw the tone it took yesterday.

And now you jump in?

I was talking about PK, not you , did I screw it up???  You're the best!!  Let me check the thread.   Maybe I fukked up?  OK so I just RE-read it.  I "THINK" JF80 was referring to PK. I know I absolutely was.    Im real sorry man...     wasn't you. PK has neg repped me 2 or 3 thimes the last few days.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Why? 

Because there's a topic going on. 

I don't think anyone really cares. 

You're here. 

That's probably why this thread is diverting. 

Hows your grandchild? 

Hope all is well with the fam. 

I figured I'd ask that instead of asking you to stop trolling me with these type of responses. 

• Haha 1

It seems like Andrew Berry has been with a few teams, not in the "Im the guy role" but part of front office staff, but has yet to be part of a winning organization. 

He was the one however who helped rack up all of those Browns Draft picks back with Sashi Brown, as well as that money trade with Houston where Houston traded Brock Osweiler to Cleveland along with their 2nd round pick in order to get Brock's contract off their books given that the Browns were sitting on 90+ million in cap at the time. 

That 2nd round pick that they got for Brock turned in the Nick Chubb. 

It seems like this is the first time that Jimmy Haslam actually went full analytics with the GM on down, given that this is what Paul Podesta is known for, albeit in the baseball world. 

Though I think the Stefanski hire is promising given how statistically Kirk Cousins was a top 5 QB, I have yet to really hear about any sort of overwhelming success with folks using analytics to build football teams, the way that has worked in baseball. With that said, The Patriots have been cheating for 2 decades as well, so I dont know how that has also impacted things with franchises going in that direction. 

What did seem odd was Haslam hiring an analytics guy to build a team, then deciding never to allow him to build the team that he needed to run his analytics. Guys like Dorsey and Hue were football guys, not number crunchers. 

It seems like both Berry and Stefanski have an analytical background. I wonder how this will stack up, especially with the up draft and free agency. It'll be intriguing to see the direction they decide to go. 

9 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Because there's a topic going on. 

You're here. 

Hows your grandchild? 

Hope all is well with the fam. 

I figured I'd ask that instead of asking you to stop trolling me with these type of responses. 

I'm just sick of all the Cleveland Browns talk really.  Some of my fellow Jets fans are obsessed with the Browns and Mayfield, etc.  And I'm not blaming you, even though you are the obvious and easy target.  Off season is tough for me because there is so little concrete info about the team I root for so we end up with theses types of threads.  

Here is my grandson's response when asked if he wants to be a Browns fan:

83088204_1288631511323002_20318050389590

and here is when told he will be a Jets fan:

82890335_1288631821322971_89075169292713

His father and other grandfather are Giants fans.  So we'll see.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 2
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, Dcat said:

I'm just sick of all the Cleveland Browns talk really.  Some of my fellow Jets fans are obsessed with the Browns and Mayfield, etc.  And I'm not blaming you, even though you are the obvious and easy target.  Off season is tough for me because there is so little concrete info about the team I root for so we end up with theses types of threads.  

Here is my grandson's response when asked if he wants to be a Browns fan:

83088204_1288631511323002_20318050389590

and here is when told he will be a Jets fan:

82890335_1288631821322971_89075169292713

His father and other grandfather are Giants fans.  So we'll see.

Cool! Little man is growing so quickly. Make sure to go out and get him a Danny Dimes Jersey. Keep that young soul as far away from the Johnson & Johnson's Jets organization as you possibly can brother! ?

• Haha 1