Jump to content
Rhg1084

Jamal Adams trade proposals

Recommended Posts

Who says no to an Adams to Dallas deal for their 1st 2nd and 3rd rd picks? I think Douglas would do this deal as he’d be loaded with lots of ammunition in this draft to really rebuild this team the way he wants. Dallas might say no but at the same time they’re getting an All Pro safety who could really transform their defense.

  • Upvote 2
  • Butt Fumble 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Rhg1084 said:

Who says no to an Adams to Dallas deal for their 1st 2nd and 3rd rd picks? I think Douglas would do this deal as he’d be loaded with lots of ammunition in this draft to really rebuild this team the way he wants. Dallas might say no but at the same time they’re getting an All Pro safety who could really transform their defense.

Yeah I would need AT LEAST a first and a second rounder so I would do that deal

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Yeah I would need AT LEAST a first and a second rounder so I would do that deal

In the leaked proposal that came out at the deadline Dallas rejected the offer of a 1st and one of their o lineman. If they get to keep their lineman but have to add in a 2nd and maybe even a 3rd too might be something they’d do

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We're not getting a 1st 2nd and 3rd. The team that gets him also has to extend him which will be costly, take the 1st and 3rd from Dallas and call it a day!  Gives us 6 picks in the first 3 rounds and we avoid that contract

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Joe Douglas already said NO. JD wanted the equivalent to TWO 1st round draft choices. Jerry Jones offered his 1st round draft choice and Tyron Smith. JD countered with a 1st round draft choice and Zach Martin. I agree with JD. I would have also traded Jamal for that but Jerry Jones refused and that's where the talks broke down. A 1st and a 3rd for Jamal Adams is the Jets getting fleeced. It would prove the Jets, as an organization, have no idea what the hell they're doing. It would they're the Browns of the AFCE.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Rhg1084 said:

Who says no to an Adams to Dallas deal for their 1st 2nd and 3rd rd picks? I think Douglas would do this deal as he’d be loaded with lots of ammunition in this draft to really rebuild this team the way he wants. Dallas might say no but at the same time they’re getting an All Pro safety who could really transform their defense.

As I said before I'm literally on the fence about this 50/50. He really has become a spectacular player despite the fact that I don't like his persona oh, but that's just kids these days. He really is a hell of a player... but the first second and third could you really pass that up?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NYJ1 said:

Joe Douglas already said NO. JD wanted the equivalent to TWO 1st round draft choices. Jerry Jones offered his 1st round draft choice and Tyron Smith. JD countered with a 1st round draft choice and Zach Martin. I agree with JD. I would have also traded Jamal for that but Jerry Jones refused and that's where the talks broke down. A 1st and a 3rd for Jamal Adams is the Jets getting fleeced. It would prove the Jets, as an organization, have no idea what the hell they're doing. It would they're the Browns of the AFCE.

Jones just offered a 1, he didn’t offer Smith too. If they came back this offseason with a 1 and a 2 jets gotta consider it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, LAD_Brooklyn said:

How about we trade Sam Darnold instead of Jamal.

lol and take who? Herbert? No thanks I’ll stick with Darnold

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Rhg1084 said:

lol and take who? Herbert? No thanks I’ll stick with Darnold

Bring back Pennington

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

Joe Douglas already said NO. JD wanted the equivalent to TWO 1st round draft choices. Jerry Jones offered his 1st round draft choice and Tyron Smith. JD countered with a 1st round draft choice and Zach Martin. I agree with JD. I would have also traded Jamal for that but Jerry Jones refused and that's where the talks broke down. A 1st and a 3rd for Jamal Adams is the Jets getting fleeced. It would prove the Jets, as an organization, have no idea what the hell they're doing. It would they're the Browns of the AFCE.

If that were the case, he'd have been a Cowboy.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Jones just offered a 1, he didn’t offer Smith too. If they came back this offseason with a 1 and a 2 jets gotta consider it 

Well, then go debate that with two Cowboys fans I know. They both said Jones offered a 1st and Tyron Smith. JD's counteroffer was too rich for Jones blood. A 1st and a 3rd is the worst trade the Jets could ever make. It's giving away the franchise. All I can say is thank God you're not the GM.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

Well, then go debate that with two Cowboys fans I know. They both said Jones offered a 1st and Tyron Smith. JD's counteroffer was too rich for Jones blood. A 1st and a 3rd is the worst trade the Jets could ever make. It's giving away the franchise. All I can say is thank God you're not the GM.

Ok so we’ll take your cowboys friends word as gospel and not what was reported as the real offer? Who’s your friend, Stephen Jones? And I said a 1st 2nd and 3rd which is something that would definitely be considered 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Who says no to an Adams to Dallas deal for their 1st 2nd and 3rd rd picks? I think Douglas would do this deal as he’d be loaded with lots of ammunition in this draft to really rebuild this team the way he wants. Dallas might say no but at the same time they’re getting an All Pro safety who could really transform their defense.

I like Jamal and think he's the Jets best player and I would prefer to keep him* (see my note below), but if an offer like that comes along (1st, 2nd, 3rd) you probably take it and you don't really spend more than 2 minutes considering it.  As fans our first priority is for the team and making it better, and that seems like a deal that would make the team better.  It's up to Joe D to figure out what kind of value Jamal has both with the team (keeping him) and for the team (if trading him).  I don't know exactly what kind of deal is the "right" one to take.  I do think it has to be more than something like the Cowboys 1st (#17).  A 1st and a 3rd was floated around a while ago.....that might be closer but I personally would still want more.

Types of deals I'd take without much hesitation...

1. A 1st, 2nd, 3rd as you proposed from Dallas (middle of the round picks)

2. An above average/excellent starting OLineman + 1st round pick

Types of deals I'd strongly consider and likely take....

1. A 1st and a 2nd

2. An above average/excellent starting OLineman + 2nd round pick

Types of deals that seem close but no cigar (at least for me)..

1. A middle of the 1st Round pick only

2. A middle 1st and middle 3rd

3. Things less than that

 

* I've spoken about having high expectations for a GM.  We just gave a guy a 6-year contract to fix this team.  He has $$$ and will have 4 picks in the first 3 Rounds.  A good GM needs to think in terms of "And" not "Or."  Joe Douglas has to keep good players AND acquire the necessary new talent for this team.  Joe Douglas needs to build a roster and improve the talent here AND plan for a possible big contract for Sam Darnold in the coming years.  Joe Douglas needs to find a way to upgrade critical parts of the team at OLine/WR/CB, etc. AND keep the few great players that the Jets actually have drafted like Jamal Adams.  Great teams like KC find a way to be good AND to improve.  They don't float the idea of trading Travis Kelce for draft picks or so that they can sign S Tyrann Mathieu for their Defense.  The New York Jets do not have an abundance of talent...so keep what you actually do have.  If Joe Douglas wants more picks then trade down in Round 1 from something like #11 to #16 and take a team's 2nd round pick.  He shouldn't be auctioning off the few good parts we actually do have.  (Steps off soapbox.) :) 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why wouldn't a team just sign Anthony Harris, Jimmie Ward, Karl Joseph, etc. and save their high draft picks to fill 2-3 additional starting positions at bargain prices for the next 4 seasons?

To get anywhere near this type of compensation we'd need there to be multiple teams desperate for a veteran SS. As in more teams desperately interested in Adams than there are available FA safeties. Basically, all the decent SSs would have to get extended by their current teams before the FA period begins. 

More likely Adams had (and if he's crushing it in 2020, will have) more trade value during the season, targeting a playoff team looking for that extra oomph to hopefully put them over the top; not during the offseason when teams have many other options in both free agency and the draft. Few teams have finished countless hours of scouting and assessing, and then a month before the draft go and trade their day 1 plus day 2 picks (never mind all their day 1 plus day 2 picks lol) for a safety who'll need a bank-breaking veteran contract so soon after that.

I think it's a long shot that he's getting moved this spring, but that is because no one will likely offer up what so many here claim he's definitely worth. Then again all it takes is one team to make such a foolish move, and it happens every year, so what do I know lol...

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

As I said before I'm literally on the fence about this 50/50. He really has become a spectacular player despite the fact that I don't like his persona oh, but that's just kids these days. He really is a hell of a player... but the first second and third could you really pass that up?

Feel the same exact way.  I don't need the dancing and talk, and I'd love if he forgot his Twitter login, but Jamal is who he is.  He's a good guy off the field, doesn't have the kinds of issues that many other players seem to step into, and he is a GREAT player, not just a very good one.  He's the first All Pro since Revis and the best player the Jets have drafted in a DECADE.  Good teams find ways to keep their own.  And, it's not like the Jets have 8 other Pro Bowlers they're trying to squeeze under a Cap.  Don't trade away your best piece simply because the team has failed to Draft well over the past several years.  Don't make a bad situation worse.

Let's see Joe Douglas spend wisely in FA and fix 2 or 3 problems immediately with experienced starters from other NFL teams.  If there is ANY hope for the Jets then let's see Joe Douglas use 4 or 5 of his Draft picks to find starters in 2020.  Why do we need to trade Adams if Joe Douglas can find 6-7 new starting caliber players between FA and the Draft?  And...here's the big one....IF you say that there's no guarantee those Draft picks will become very good starters then WHY trade an All Pro for two more Draft picks anyway?  That's flushing talent down the toilet.  Ever see the show, "Let's Make a Deal"? I put $100 in your hand and you can trade it for what's behind Door #3 (a Draft pick).....you can keep what you have or gamble it away.  There could be a trip to Europe behind that door....or it could be a toaster.  Do you risk your $100?  Well, now I give you a Ferrari and tell you that you can keep it or trade it for what's behind Door #3.  Advice:  Keep the Ferrari....because it's worth 5X more than even the trip to Europe.

Let's see this GM earn his money.  Keep the good players AND upgrade the roster.  We have the resources to sign 2-3 starters in FA and Draft more than one potential starter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

Joe Douglas already said NO. JD wanted the equivalent to TWO 1st round draft choices. Jerry Jones offered his 1st round draft choice and Tyron Smith. JD countered with a 1st round draft choice and Zach Martin. I agree with JD. I would have also traded Jamal for that but Jerry Jones refused and that's where the talks broke down. A 1st and a 3rd for Jamal Adams is the Jets getting fleeced. It would prove the Jets, as an organization, have no idea what the hell they're doing. It would they're the Browns of the AFCE.

If we turned down a 1st and Smith we are utterly stupid beyond belief.  That to go along with the huge haul of picks offered for Quinnen puts it in real doubt if Douglas is the man for the job to rebuild this team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Feel the same exact way.  I don't need the dancing and talk, and I'd love if he forgot his Twitter login, but Jamal is who he is.  He's a good guy off the field, doesn't have the kinds of issues that many other players seem to step into, and he is a GREAT player, not just a very good one.  He's the first All Pro since Revis and the best player the Jets have drafted in a DECADE.  Good teams find ways to keep their own.  And, it's not like the Jets have 8 other Pro Bowlers they're trying to squeeze under a Cap.  Don't trade away your best piece simply because the team has failed to Draft well over the past several years.  Don't make a bad situation worse.

Let's see Joe Douglas spend wisely in FA and fix 2 or 3 problems immediately with experienced starters from other NFL teams.  If there is ANY hope for the Jets then let's see Joe Douglas use 4 or 5 of his Draft picks to find starters in 2020.  Why do we need to trade Adams if Joe Douglas can find 6-7 new starting caliber players between FA and the Draft?  And...here's the big one....IF you say that there's no guarantee those Draft picks will become very good starters then WHY trade an All Pro for two more Draft picks anyway?  That's flushing talent down the toilet.  Ever see the show, "Let's Make a Deal"? I put $100 in your hand and you can trade it for what's behind Door #3 (a Draft pick).....you can keep what you have or gamble it away.  There could be a trip to Europe behind that door....or it could be a toaster.  Do you risk your $110?  Well, now I give you a Ferrari and tell you that you can keep it or trade it for what's behind Door #3.  Advice:  Keep the Ferrari....because it's worth 5X more than even the trip to Europe.

Let's see this GM earn his money.  Keep the good players AND upgrade the roster.  We have the resources to sign 2-3 starters in FA and Draft more than one potential starter.

For Joe Douglas is all starts and ends with drafting well. If Douglas starts drafting well and consistently has a stream of good, young players coming through the door? Then, all the rest of your post suddenly doesn't matter as much? He wouldn't need to make perfect moves with veteran players, just decent ones. The problem with the Jets had always been drafting and nothing else. Not the HC. Not the owner. Not the OC or any other coach. It's always been about getting a competent GM. The Jets haven't had a decent GM since so long ago, I don't even remember.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

If we turned down a 1st and Smith we are utterly stupid beyond belief.  That to go along with the huge haul of picks offered for Quinnen puts it in real doubt if Douglas is the man for the job to rebuild this team.

Yeah there's no way Joe D turns down a t5 LT and the #17 pick in the draft for Jamal. If he did he should be tied to the end of a bowling lane for a 2 hour kids party 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

If we turned down a 1st and Smith we are utterly stupid beyond belief.  That to go along with the huge haul of picks offered for Quinnen puts it in real doubt if Douglas is the man for the job to rebuild this team.

You can't honestly believe this. First, if that was the offer for Adams, he'd have been a Cowboy. Second, nobody in their right mind would have offered anything of value for Q at the deadline. At that point, he looked like he didn't even belong in the league. The chance to get rid of Q was before the damn draft, where his value would have been at the highest it will ever be. That's on our failed, disgraced former GM, not Douglas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just take something similar to what Dallas offered a first and a third

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Who says no to an Adams to Dallas deal for their 1st 2nd and 3rd rd picks? I think Douglas would do this deal as he’d be loaded with lots of ammunition in this draft to really rebuild this team the way he wants. Dallas might say no but at the same time they’re getting an All Pro safety who could really transform their defense.
Dallas says no to this deal. They are not going to give up their first two days of drafting in one draft. I think the Jets say no also but I could be wrong from our end.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rhg1084 said:

Who says no to an Adams to Dallas deal for their 1st 2nd and 3rd rd picks? I think Douglas would do this deal as he’d be loaded with lots of ammunition in this draft to really rebuild this team the way he wants. Dallas might say no but at the same time they’re getting an All Pro safety who could really transform their defense.

I'd LOVE to get a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round pick for Jamal Adams!

Then, I woke from the same dream I am in where Salma Hayak is ******* me.

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

I'd LOVE to get a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round pick for Jamal Adams!

Then, I woke from the same dream I am in where Salma Hayak is ******* me.

You don’t think Dallas also throws in Demarcus Lawrence?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

I'd LOVE to get a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round pick for Jamal Adams!

Then, I woke from the same dream I am in where Salma Hayak is ******* me.

Listen they already offered a 1 and a 3 was declined, it’s not that far fetched to get them to throw in a 2 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

For Joe Douglas is all starts and ends with drafting well. If Douglas starts drafting well and consistently has a stream of good, young players coming through the door? Then, all the rest of your post suddenly doesn't matter as much? He wouldn't need to make perfect moves with veteran players, just decent ones. The problem with the Jets had always been drafting and nothing else. Not the HC. Not the owner. Not the OC or any other coach. It's always been about getting a competent GM. The Jets haven't had a decent GM since so long ago, I don't even remember.

Let's hope he Drafts well.  That's the key.  And good GMs don't sell off $1 bills for 81 cents.  It's like that opponent in a game of Monopoly...when he starts selling off Boardwalk and Park Place to raise cash you know he's heading towards bankruptcy.  Good players, or GMs in this case, keep their important assets and add to them.  If Joe Douglas thinks his priorities in his first offseason are LT, OG, WR, CB, Edge then if he's any good he can make significant upgrades with the $$$ the Jets have and their 4 picks in the first 3 rounds.  This team is so talent poor that signing simply good players (not great) in FA can upgrade several positions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Listen they already offered a 1 and a 3 was declined, it’s not that far fetched to get them to throw in a 2 

That was a rumor.  Not sure it was ever confirmed as fact but I'd be open to seeing confirmation on that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

If we turned down a 1st and Smith we are utterly stupid beyond belief.  That to go along with the huge haul of picks offered for Quinnen puts it in real doubt if Douglas is the man for the job to rebuild this team.

Nonsense. Tyron Smith was drafted in 2011. He's on the down side of his career. Smith would be a stop gap at best. Zach Martin, on the other hand, gives us a legitimately at the very top of his positional group, Alan Faneca type player. He's plug and play and you'll be getting a starter for many years to come. It's the equivalent of a no brainer 1st round draft choice. Accepting Tyron Smith and a 1st rounder is the Jets essentially getting a singular draft choice. It would be foolish beyond belief.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Let's hope he Drafts well.  That's the key.  And good GMs don't sell off $1 bills for 81 cents.  It's like that opponent in a game of Monopoly...when he starts selling off Boardwalk and Park Place to raise cash you know he's heading towards bankruptcy.  Good players, or GMs in this case, keep their important assets and add to them.  If Joe Douglas thinks his priorities in his first offseason are LT, OG, WR, CB, Edge then if he's any good he can make significant upgrades with the $$$ the Jets have and their 4 picks in the first 3 rounds.  This team is so talent poor that signing simply good players (not great) in FA can upgrade several positions.

You and I are in lock step. I get irritated listening to the posters always talking about trading away our best players. Meanwhile, they know every GM the Jets have had since probably Parcells has sucked A$$ and couldn't make a decent pick to save their lives.

I'm with you... Hold on to your best players and add talent along side them. That's the way the Jets break their stereotype of being a dumb team that makes dumb moves.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Feel the same exact way.  I don't need the dancing and talk, and I'd love if he forgot his Twitter login, but Jamal is who he is.  He's a good guy off the field, doesn't have the kinds of issues that many other players seem to step into, and he is a GREAT player, not just a very good one.  He's the first All Pro since Revis and the best player the Jets have drafted in a DECADE.  Good teams find ways to keep their own.  And, it's not like the Jets have 8 other Pro Bowlers they're trying to squeeze under a Cap.  Don't trade away your best piece simply because the team has failed to Draft well over the past several years.  Don't make a bad situation worse.

Let's see Joe Douglas spend wisely in FA and fix 2 or 3 problems immediately with experienced starters from other NFL teams.  If there is ANY hope for the Jets then let's see Joe Douglas use 4 or 5 of his Draft picks to find starters in 2020.  Why do we need to trade Adams if Joe Douglas can find 6-7 new starting caliber players between FA and the Draft?  And...here's the big one....IF you say that there's no guarantee those Draft picks will become very good starters then WHY trade an All Pro for two more Draft picks anyway?  That's flushing talent down the toilet.  Ever see the show, "Let's Make a Deal"? I put $100 in your hand and you can trade it for what's behind Door #3 (a Draft pick).....you can keep what you have or gamble it away.  There could be a trip to Europe behind that door....or it could be a toaster.  Do you risk your $110?  Well, now I give you a Ferrari and tell you that you can keep it or trade it for what's behind Door #3.  Advice:  Keep the Ferrari....because it's worth 5X more than even the trip to Europe.

Let's see this GM earn his money.  Keep the good players AND upgrade the roster.  We have the resources to sign 2-3 starters in FA and Draft more than one potential starter.

Great post

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NYJ1 said:

You and I are in lock step. I get irritated listening to the posters always talking about trading away our best players. Meanwhile, they know every GM the Jets have had since probably Parcells has sucked A$$ and couldn't make a decent pick to save their lives.

I'm with you... Hold on to your best players and add talent along side them. That's the way the Jets break their stereotype of being a dumb team that makes dumb moves.

This.  Look I’m not a Jamal lover by any means but unless we get blown away by an offer that includes a lot of high picks we should keep him 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, let's look at where the Jets and Cowboys are after not making that trade?

The Jets have no WR or OL and are picking lower because Adams played like a man possessed during the end of the season.  

The Cowboys missed the playoffs playing in the NFC East despite having a strong roster.   Adams could have helped close out some games.  

So if Jerry trades for him and promises under the table to extend him next year (and buys him insurance), and the Cowboys make a push to make the playoffs in 2020, doesn't everyone win?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...