Jamal Adams trade proposals

Rhg1084

5 hours ago, NYJ1 said:

Joe Douglas already said NO. JD wanted the equivalent to TWO 1st round draft choices. Jerry Jones offered his 1st round draft choice and Tyron Smith. JD countered with a 1st round draft choice and Zach Martin. I agree with JD. I would have also traded Jamal for that but Jerry Jones refused and that's where the talks broke down. A 1st and a 3rd for Jamal Adams is the Jets getting fleeced. It would prove the Jets, as an organization, have no idea what the hell they're doing. It would they're the Browns of the AFCE.

link

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

The NY Jets have hit a HR on a #1 draft pick in Jamal Adams he's not a bust like so many have been that have put us where we are today,nowhere. 

So what do NY Jets fans want to do trade away a great player for "what if' draft picks. 

51 years and counting my friends..................

Because that’s what smart franchises do before they have to overpay these players look at our own history the Keyshawn trade

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Because that’s what smart franchises do before they have to overpay these players look at our own history the Keyshawn trade

The Jets are NOT a smart franchise. I mean why the hell do you think there's so many Jets fans ready to slit their throats on this website?

46 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

His QB rating when targeted is among the top 5 in the NFL among safeties.  The narrative that he can't and doesn't cover is just, ugh.  

In that game vs washington where jamal was lauded as being a huge difference maker he was cooked badly on  that play and Washington score a long rushing td when he was on the end if the line going forward.

He is probably asked to cover less than most safeties in the league.  Why?  We have a lousy pass rush. 

He makes plays, no disputing that but he also gives up big plays and our defense is at risk because of the way he is deployed.  We had Hewitt covering down filed so often lat year, why?  Because the SS was doing something up in the line.

This team will be much better off with some pass rushers and a SS that only plays at the line when called for.

9 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Yes.  What happened was Dallas offered a first and a third, Douglas counteroffered 1st, 3rd, Zack Martin and more picks.

The Cowboys laughed and hung up.

Cowboys never offered the one and the three. It was a one and a backup corner, or a one and flip of later picks. Bottom line, they didn’t want Adams all that much and were ok sticking with Heath Bellol.

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

In that game vs washington where jamal was lauded as being a huge difference maker he was cooked badly on  that play and Washington score a long rushing td when he was on the end if the line going forward.

What’s weird about the PFF number for Adams is that we watch the games and we see him give up TDs, but then PFF is always like “Oooh Jamal Adams posted an 89.9 grade for this week’s game.” I remember they used to do the same thing with Kerry Rhodes, who actually ranked higher on PFF than Adams does on a week to week basis. Their criteria is just odd 

1 minute ago, RutgersJetFan said:

They didn't want Adams all that much but they offered a 1?

If they wanted him and thought he’d be the difference between winning the Super Bowl or not winning a Super Bowl, tossing in the third shouldn’t have been too costly, you’d think. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, HawkeyeJet said:

His QB rating when targeted is among the top 5 in the NFL among safeties.  The narrative that he can't and doesn't cover is just, ugh.  

How often is he tasked with covering WRs in that mix?

He's solid at covering RBs and TEs in the Gronkless AFC East.  Let's pay him $15M+.

1 minute ago, Philc1 said:

There were a ton of rumors flying around, particularly after the trade fizzled out, and all of those rumors were in favor of the Cowboys. Jerry Jones did the same thing with Amari Cooper when he was on the Raiders—tries to force a team’s hand by putting a bunch of nonsense into the newsfeed and hopes the opposing GM buckles. The thought that Douglas would ask for Tyron Smith is bananas, but if you were a Cowboys fan, you’d likewise say hell no to trading your stud left tackle for a safety. It’s spin

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He's solid at covering RBs and TEs in the Gronkless AFC East.  Let's pay him $15M+.

I’m interested to see what the numbers are that PFF used to get to their coverage grades, and how many times Adams is actually “in coverage” in games vs how many times, say, Minkah Fitzpatrick is.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Unknown asset that may never amount to being considered potentially better vs All-Pro top NFL player. 

Would you trade All Pro Jamal Adams—on the verge of getting a massive contract—for a high-end 23 year old right tackle prospect right now? Like, would you trade Jamal Adams for Tristan Wirfs right now? 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

How often are safeties covering Wrs 1 on 1 in any defense?  

Show me a defense that asks their safeties to covers WRs 1 on 1 often and I'll show you a bad defense.

4 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

How often are safeties covering Wrs 1 on 1 in any defense?  

Show me a defense that asks their safeties to covers WRs 1 on 1 often and I'll show you a bad defense.

Is it any better than asking your SS to be a pass-rusher because he isn't strong in coverage?

Plenty of S's are asked to cover WRs.  Those are FS/CB hybrids.  And there are quite a few of those who are more valuable to their team than Mr Pro Bowl Jamal. 

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Would you trade All Pro Jamal Adams—on the verge of getting a massive contract—for a high-end 23 year old right tackle prospect right now? Like, would you trade Jamal Adams for Tristan Wirfs right now? 

God don't make me choose!  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1