Jamal Adams trade proposals

Rhg1084

17 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

If they wanted him and thought he’d be the difference between winning the Super Bowl or not winning a Super Bowl, tossing in the third shouldn’t have been too costly, you’d think. 

Not offering a 3 means they didn't value him like Revis. Offering a 1 is still a pretty substantial offer.

• Upvote 1

Just now, HawkeyeJet said:

God don't make me choose!  

I’ll even throw this in: You can either pay Jamal Adams $90 million dollars or you can trade him to the Cowboys and draft Wirfs at 11 and Epenesa at 17. Your choice.  No pressure. Maybe pick up Nate Stanley in the sixth just for kicks. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, T0mShane said:

I’ll even throw this in: You can either pay Jamal Adams $90 million dollars or you can trade him to the Cowboys and draft Wirfs at 11 and Epenesa at 17. Your choice.  No pressure. Maybe pick up Nate Stanley in the sixth just for kicks. 

None of this is guaranteed. 

2 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

One player doesn’t cause wins or lossesssssss. 

Of course.  But my argument is Jamal doesn't significantly move the needle towards the team winning or losing. 

We've won 16 games with Jamal.  I'd say we'd have about 13-14 wins in that span with Rontez Miles or a replacement level S in Jamal's place.  How many wins is Jamal worth?

Just now, T0mShane said:

If we are filling an OL hole and a pass rush hole(or WR hole for that matter) you trade him and don't look back.  I will never argue against that.  Hawkeyes or not :)

• Upvote 3

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Of course.  But my argument is Jamal doesn't significantly move the needle towards the team winning or losing. 

We've won 16 games with Jamal.  I'd say we'd have about 13-14 wins in that span with Rontez Miles or a replacement level S in Jamal's place.  How many wins is Jamal worth?

Rontez Miles sucks we have only won 11 games with Sam Darnold should we trade him too. 

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

If you’re holding the 11 and 17 picks, AND a third third rounder, AND you’re not forced to give Jamal his giant contract, you’re going into this offseason with an infinitely stronger hand than if you simply signed Jamal Adams to his extension 

• Upvote 4

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

And my argument is one player (aside from QB) never really does. Stop saying we’ve won 16 games with Jamal. 

Joe Thomas won how much with the Browns? Chandler Jones has yet to reach the playoffs with Cardinals. There’s great players on bad teams. One guy doesn’t impact wins. 

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

If you’re holding the 11 and 17 picks, AND a third third rounder, AND you’re not forced to give Jamal his giant contract, you’re going into this offseason with an infinitely stronger hand than if you simply signed Jamal Adams to his extension 

Sam Darnold has only won 11 games out of 26 games should we trade him too. 

What if draft picks equate to nothing guaranteed. 

Just now, Samtorobby47 said:

And my argument is one player (aside from QB) never really does. Stop saying we’ve won 16 games with Jamal. 

Joe Thomas won how much with the Browns? Chandler Jones has yet to reach the playoffs with Cardinals. There’s great players on bad teams. One guy doesn’t impact wins. 

So if you can't explain how Jamal makes a difference in winning games, why pay him $15M+ per?  

4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

What’s more likely: we draft a pair of busts with the picks we get for Adams, or Adams’ playing style leads to him getting injured more and more as time goes on? He’s 210 pounds and effectively plays linebacker in this defense. If you’re worried about guarantees, there’s no guarantee that Adams is going to survive doing what he does for a long time. 

• Upvote 1

So if you can't explain how Jamal makes a difference in winning games, why pay him $15M+ per?  

I'll explain it ..dude beasts nearly every play ... He freaking stood up a QB and just powered the ball away from him for a strip 6. That is all.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

Jamal is a beast, best safety in the league, all pro player... all of this is without a doubt. With that being said, is still be interested to see what offered are out there. If we can get a 1 and 2 from Dallas that wohlf be huge. You can draft guys like Jeudy/Lamb with the first pick and maybe Becton with pick 17. Lots of edge rushers and talent in the second round too. The jets aren’t close to competing for a Super bowl  anytime soon. However, if we pull off a “Herschel Walker” type of deal it could help get lots of talent on this roster and rebuild real fast 

7 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

Who says no to an Adams to Dallas deal for their 1st 2nd and 3rd rd picks? I think Douglas would do this deal as he’d be loaded with lots of ammunition in this draft to really rebuild this team the way he wants. Dallas might say no but at the same time they’re getting an All Pro safety who could really transform their defense.

For the top three picks they might trade Darnold (KIDDING). But damn if someone offers the top three picks for almost anyone on the Jets roster, they are gone.

I love Adams but if Dallas give me picks 1 and 2 I’m pulling the trigger. Youre telling me a draft like this below is not worth giving up Adams? They’d be a better team with these guys than just Adams
2D00CBD7-7B57-41A1-B23C-3C1069B3E7A9.thumb.png.0aad82b88502294ce185ecb85bb6da05.png
Draft picks are crapshoots ... That often turn out to be just crap.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Here's When the Cowboys and Jets Will Revisit Their Jamal Adams Trade Ideas

FRISCO - The Dallas Cowboys' hunger for help at safety was revealed last October at the NFL Trade Deadline when they offered a first-round pick and cornerback Anthony Brown in trade for New York Jets star safety Jamal Adams. 

The hunger has not been satisfied.

At the time, Dallas offered too little, and the Jets - maybe gauging the market without any serious intention of doing a deal - asked for too much, at different times requesting a first-, a second- and a third-rounder plus the involvement of an All-Pro offensive lineman, Zack Martin or Tyron Smith.

In that sense - when you look at the gap between the two proposals - it's an exaggeration to say a deal was "close.''

But it's not an exaggeration to say the Cowboys will take another stab at this, with a keen eye toward how the Jets' contract extension talks with Adams progress - or don't progress.

Adams, 24, is an LSU product and a Carrollton native who still spends a lot of time in DFW, a place he'd surely put on his list of future destinations. The Jets, of course, get first crack at retaining their top pick (sixth overall) in the 2017 NFL Draft, and as he enters the final year of his rookie deal, negotiations will heat up soon.

But at what point will Adams and the Jets conflict (again)? Probably when Adams' side asks to be the highest-paid safety in the NFL, a desire that will be fueled by the fact that Chicago Bears free safety Eddie Jackson just became the highest-paid player at the position after signing a four-year, $58.4 million extension that includes $33 million in guaranteed money.

Are the Jets prepared to go there? Are the Cowboys?

“As all of you know, Jamal is an amazing player,” Jets GM Joe Douglas said. “We saw what he did all year ... He did so many good things. He’s a special guy.”

The Cowboys can't say it out loud, of course. But they agree. How to fit a new $14-mil safety into the cap is a challenge; we already know Dallas is reluctant to fit an existing cornerback, Byron Jones, into a "going-rate'' salary of $15 mil APY.

But back in October, the Cowboys' Big Calculator guys obviously had it figured out. And if the Jets can't do so now? There will be trade talks, Dallas' hunger for help on defense trying again to get satisfied.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si.com/.amp-cowboys/nfl/cowboys/news/heres-when-the-cowboys-and-jets-will-revisit-their-jamal-adams-trade-ideas