The exodus has begun

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Q is the big winner when Scarneccia retires. He’s going to destroy whatever not-Brady the Patriots line up under center. 

SAR I

And you know this how? I hope your correct, but again, this is just pure fan-based optimism.  Q looked like crap against almost all opponents.  Not just NE.  So the exit of NE OL coach at most influences the outcome of 2 games, if any.  

Q has a lot to prove to earn that overall #3 selection.  He definitely did not come close to living up to it in year 1.  

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, THE BARON said:

You can hold in the NFL and get away with it if you are on the offensive line of a team that the league office is queer for.   Most of the Steelers game winning drives with Ben Roethlisberger "extending" the play for 10 seconds or more came courtesy of the zebras looking the other way as the Steeler lineman were grabbing on to defenders's in every manner possible.  In the Steeler Super Bowl win over the Cardinals, their MVP should have been the line judge. 

The refs use holding to control the game... Especially in favor of their favorites like the Steelers and NE. 

Hopefully Sam will progress to the point where he starts getting all these non-holding calls too.

At that point, I'll turn a blind eye to bad officiating.  (no offense to people with one blind eye)

4 minutes ago, Dcat said:

And you know this how? I hope your correct, but again, this is just pure fan-based optimism.  Q looked like crap against almost all opponents.  Not just NE.  So the exit of NE OL coach at most influences the outcome of 2 games, if any.  

Q has a lot to prove to earn that overall #3 selection.  He definitely did not come close to living up to it in year 1.  

Forget even proving he deserved the #3 selection...how about starting to prove he deserves a spot in the D line rotation ?

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, section314 said:

Forget even proving he deserved the #3 selection...how about starting to prove he deserves a spot in the D line rotation ?

I’m a big fan of Q but yes he had a unsuccessful rookie season no doubt about it.  Some was him some was injuries.  I do think he is gonna have a very good second year.  Let’s hope 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Jetster said:

This is HUGE. When Googs left Rex & coached the Pats Oline they were not good & BB talked Scarnechia out of retirement. 

Get Ngokeou & knock the sh*t out of them with CJ back, the Prez, and some of those youngsters that showed up last year. 

He left after the 2013 season.  They won the super bowl in 2014.  

4 hours ago, Dcat said:

Yes, in this case it's just pure fan-based optimism.  More like a prayer, actually. 

Gase I'm 50/50 on, Darnold I'm 90/10 on, Quinnen is a big question mark.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Nixhead said:

Times are tough when a 70 year old O Line coach retires and makes our day

I have been waiting since 2012 for Bill Belichick to starting taking some body blows and the dynasty to start to crumble.  This offseason, it's real.  Even if they keep Tom Brady, and I think they will, he's not the same QB, the OL won't have its magic, and the Jets and Bills are ready to hand New England some division losses, finally.

Scarneccia leaving the team is a big deal.  If ever there was a time for him to stick around and help his buddy Bill, this would be it, and he's making a beeline for the door.

SAR I

On 1/28/2020 at 3:49 PM, Dcat said:

He should write a book on how to hold in the NFL and always get away with it.

Maybe the next Jets OL coach can read it.  Assuming he can read.

It could be one sentence long. Play for the Patriots.

Did you notice how Nate Solder actually got holding penalties when he joined the Giants, no magical secret , just play for the Cheaters.

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

He left after the 2013 season.  They won the super bowl in 2014.  

WHATEVER! 

He was a Jet coach, got hired by BB, coached 1 year, was fired & Scarnechia came out of retirement. I don't give a sh*t about the SEASON, the point was made. Googs sucked & Scarnechia is a HOF offensive line coach. It's a HUGE loss for the Patriots. 

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

WHATEVER! 

He was a Jet coach, got hired by BB, coached 1 year, was fired & Scarnechia came out of retirement. I don't give a sh*t about the SEASON, the point was made. Googs sucked & Scarnechia is a HOF offensive line coach. It's a HUGE loss for the Patriots. 

Never let facts stand in your way!

DeGuglielmo was Jets coach that coached for the Patriots for one year!  2013 and 2014!  Nobody gives a sh*t about the SEASON.  He sucked.  The Patriots went 24-8 with him as OL coach.  4-1 in the playoffs and only won one super bowl!  Pig! Ripe! Slaughter!