Superbowl - who do you like?

Dcronin

I feel like most people I talk to WANT a Chiefs win, but feel a 49ers win coming on. Smothering D and great, dynamic running game could be enough to snuff out KC.

That being said, I put a little money on KC. I want that speed to show up, and make KC too much to contain. I like Andy Reid, Mahomes and crew. And I like KC fans I've met.

Any prop bets that people like? I picked the over 60-something passing yards for Jimmy G. And Mostert to get a TD.

DC

• Upvote 1

KC - 34

SF - 24

You have to beat them at their own game of offense...defense still needs to be able to slow them down now....but you gotta outscore KC. This is the Warriors of the NFL. That kid that was cut from like 6 different teams practice squads has to replicate his Packer game.... Jimmy G has to be decisive and accurate...Kyle Shanahan has to dial up big plays and run thru the play action. Is that even enough?

Idk??‍♂️ but even though my prediction is close, I can easily see a situation where KC just runs thru them because that is the type of team they are, and Pat Mahomes is a legend in the making. I like the underdog usually, but not really rooting for anyone here. So just from an unbiased standpoint, that’s the two ways I can see this game goin. Either the 9ers play a complete game and keeps it close, or they get sloppy and KC destroys them.

5 hours ago, Jets723 said:

Honestly I don’t care but I think the 49ers winning would be a pretty cool unexpected story 

Would be interesting to see the Ground n' Pound + Defense approach knock off a big passing offense.  And, wouldn't it be fun to see the look on Belichick's face if Garoppolo lifted the Lombardi?

• Upvote 2

Games are won in the trenches and niners win on both sides of the trenches. Definitely win in the D side of trench & with the aid of an amazing fullback and tight end blocking scheme, advantage niners.

Mahones will get his share of big plays but the chiefs can not sustain that front 7 attack for 60 minutes

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

17 hours ago, Dcronin said:

I feel like most people I talk to WANT a Chiefs win, but feel a 49ers win coming on. Smothering D and great, dynamic running game could be enough to snuff out KC.

When are people going to learn that ground and pound + defense almost never wins a title?  People bring up Seattle, but they also had an elite QB.  

One team has Mahomes.  The other has Jimmy G.  It's really that simple in this one.  SF might keep it close through 1 Quarter.  Something like a 3-3 or 7-3 type of score.  In Quarters 2 & 3, Mahomes will take over the game.

KC 38, SF 20. 

22 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

When are people going to learn that ground and pound + defense almost never wins a title?  People bring up Seattle, but they also had an elite QB.  

One team has Mahomes.  The other has Jimmy G.  It's really that simple in this one.  SF might keep it close through 1 Quarter.  Something like a 3-3 or 7-3 type of score.  In Quarters 2 & 3, Mahomes will take over the game.

KC 38, SF 20. 

Russ wasn't elite yet back then. And he did very little heavy lifting

• Upvote 2

Russ wasn't elite yet back then. And he did very little heavy lifting

Of course he was elite.  26 TD/9 INT and # 8 QB by DVOA the year they won the Super Bowl. And I particularly recall him being excellent on 3rd down situations. He was highly efficient then and has demonstrated that his whole career.

Just because he was in Year 2 of his career and wasn't asked to do as much as he is now doesn't make him non-elite at that point.  They wouldn't have gone 13-3 in the regular season without him playing at a top 10 QB level.

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, peebag said:

You're discounting the Niners defense.  They made Cousins and Rodgers look like rookies.

I think the Niners offense can have their way with the KC D. 

Amazing as it is to say, Rodgers hasn't been Rodgers in a long time, and he's not on Mahomes' level right now.  That's how good Mahomes has been.  

KC's defense has been sneaky good at times this year.  Jimmy G will have a pretty good game.  But he's not going to "have his way" with them.  

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Amazing as it is to say, Rodgers hasn't been Rodgers in a long time, and he's not on Mahomes' level right now.  That's how good Mahomes has been.  

KC's defense has been sneaky good at times this year.  Jimmy G will have a pretty good game.  But he's not going to "have his way" with them.  

You and I have agreed on this all postseason. I just don’t see any team staying with the chiefs. Even the Titans game was easy to predict a close game going into the half and double digits to end the game. The offense has been healthy and on fire for like 7 consecutive weeks, and the defense has been stout since week 11.

Going into the playoffs on such a hot streak on both sides of the ball already had me feeling good about my preseason bet for the chiefs to win it all. Everything they’ve done in the playoffs further solidifies it for me. If the chiefs can grab an early 2 possession lead, the chiefs D will go on a tear against Jimmy. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

And, wouldn't it be fun to see the look on Belichick's face if Garoppolo lifted the Lombardi?

Belichick wanted to keep Jimmy and get rid of Tom. The real thing to see would be the pats fans continued meltdown. My favorite would be when they turn on Brady  - “If he had just retired after his 5th SB, Jimmy would be taking us to another 5!! Instead Brady is leaving and we have no one!!!!!”

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, The Crimson King said:

Gotta root for the old timey AFL team, but this one should be a an actual close exciting game for a change

The Chiefs have a great fan base that deserves to see a championship. Can you imagine not having one since the 1969 season … uh ..oh, wait … uh … nevermind

Thanks for not continuing.?

• Haha 2

Most everyone is saying this Super Bowl is going to be a good one, but I think it's going to be a route for most of the game with the Chiefs scoring a few garbage touchdowns in the 4th to make it look closer than it really was. The 49ers will win because of their defense and their run game with a complimentary passing game.

49ers 41 Chiefs 27

Super Bowl MVP: Jimmy Garropolo

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

I really want to see Andy Reid win one.  I'm rooting for KC.  Shanahan will have many chances throughout his career.  So later for him.  This one is for Reid, IMO.

Andy wins this, he goes to the HOF.

There is a very short list of coaches who have taken 2 different teams to a Super Bowl.   He wins this, no one can ever say Andy can't win the big one.   Which is a crock because if some moron doesn't line up off side, he goes to the SB last year.  (Now that moron is a 49er)

• Upvote 1