Superbowl - who do you like?

Dcronin

Putting heavy money on San Francisco.

The way I see it, the Cheifs had difficulties getting by Houston and Tennessee. San Fran is on a whole different level. Best defense in the league and an offense that has shown flashes of explosiveness throughout the season. Hell, they've been the 2nd best offense in the post season, averaging 32 points per game.

I see a San Francisco blow out. Take it to the bank!

I don’t see how KC can stop the 49ers run game. I think the 49ers athletes on the DL can contain mahomes and make him play from the pocket. The 49ers mediocre secondary will be torched a few times but at the end of the day I think SF controls the game. 28-21 niners

19 hours ago, Dcronin said:

I feel like most people I talk to WANT a Chiefs win, but feel a 49ers win coming on. Smothering D and great, dynamic running game could be enough to snuff out KC.

That being said, I put a little money on KC. I want that speed to show up, and make KC too much to contain. I like Andy Reid, Mahomes and crew. And I like KC fans I've met.

Any prop bets that people like? I picked the over 60-something passing yards for Jimmy G. And Mostert to get a TD.

DC

I'm mostly just happy that the Pats aren't there.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Apache 51 said:

KC's D is ehh. I'll go with Defense wins Championships. 

In 1985 perhaps.  In today's NFL, with the lone exception/anomaly of Joe Flacco, elite QB's win championships.  Mahomes is elite.  Jimmy G is not. 

And I imagine KC's D is going to play better than you think.  They'll get some key sacks and maybe force a Jimmy G turnover or 2.  The KC D has 8 sacks and a FF thru 2 postseason games.  They're due for a pick.  

And also don't forget about ST's.  Mecole Hardman has a 58-yard and 35-yard KR to his credit so far this postseason, and Tyreke Hill is always dangerous on PR's.  I'm thinking this might be a game where the Chiefs get a KR or PR TD.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

In 1985 perhaps.  In today's NFL, with the lone exception/anomaly of Joe Flacco, elite QB's win championships.  Mahomes is elite.  Jimmy G is not. 

And I imagine KC's D is going to play better than you think.  They'll get some key sacks and maybe force a Jimmy G turnover or 2.  The KC D has 8 sacks and a FF thru 2 postseason games.  They're due for a pick.  

And also don't forget about ST's.  Mecole Hardman has a 58-yard and 35-yard KR to his credit so far this postseason, and Tyreke Hill is always dangerous on PR's.  I'm thinking this might be a game where the Chiefs get a KR or PR TD.  

I said, SF, more complete.

6 minutes ago, Apache 51 said:

I said, SF, more complete.

And this is an argument that is also not exactly a slam dunk.  Just because KC is driven by their passing attack doesn't necessarily make SF the more complete team. 

Damien Williams has had a tremendous postseason.  KC's special teams are better.  And I don't think SF's defense is good enough to make up the gap between Mahomes and Jimmy G. 

A "complete team" trying to win a Super Bowl still needs a top 10 QB, generally.  Jimmy G is not that.  

8 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

And this is an argument that is also not exactly a slam dunk.  Just because KC is driven by their passing attack doesn't necessarily make SF the more complete team. 

Damien Williams has had a tremendous postseason.  KC's special teams are better.  And I don't think SF's defense is good enough to make up the gap between Mahomes and Jimmy G. 

A "complete team" trying to win a Super Bowl still needs a top 10 QB, generally.  Jimmy G is not that.  

Nobody said slam dunk. The game is basically a pick-em, no?

1 minute ago, Apache 51 said:

Nobody said slam dunk. The game is basically a pick-em, no?

Correct.  KC is favored by just 1 point.  But a couple people in this thread predicted SF in a blowout, which was surprising.  

If either team is going to win in a blowout its gotta be KC because of their firepower on offense.  If SF wins I can't imagine it being by more than one score, regardless of what they did to the Packers.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Ah yes,  the vaunted 'run game' which is only a factor if you get up by 10-14 points.  KC will not let that happen and SF like the other, 'they will run all over you' teams of Baltimore and Tennessee. Will not be able to match up vs KC relentless offense.

Garropolo is a capable passer he isn’t Tannehill 

8 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Garropolo is a capable passer he isn’t Tannehill 

Tannehill had a 70% comp rate, 22 tds 6 int, 2742 yards in 10 starts, 5td, 1 int in the playoffs

Garrappolo had almost 70% comp rate 27 ts and 13 ints, 3900 yards in a full season, 1 td and 1 int in the playoffs.

This seems like another preconceived notion of yours that player a sucks and player b is great despite all evidence suggesting otherwise.

They are very similar, both teams run the ball, and are happy if their qbs do not have to pass, when both qbs have to pass they do well.

Ah yes,  the vaunted 'run game' which is only a factor if you get up by 10-14 points.  KC will not let that happen and SF like the other, 'they will run all over you' teams of Baltimore and Tennessee. Will not be able to match up vs KC relentless offense.

KC has let that happen in every game thus far, difference is SF’s D is much much better than HOU or TEN. I can see Mahomes being frustrated and smothered and eventually turning the ball over trying to force things.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

16 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

My friend put a good amount down on a prop for Hardman to get a TD for similar reasons. He’s really excited about it because the returns are pretty good. I wouldn’t put money on him scoring, but I do believe the ST will play a huge role in this game.

• Upvote 1

I want Andy Reid to win a title. I think he is just due to win one. I don't want him to be like Marty Schottenheimer who was a good coach but could never get to the Super Bowl let alone win one. 

But.....

My gut though is telling me SF because their of their front four, Their running game and Jimmy G who does nothing but win.

Although Mahomes is the better QB by far, Jimmy G has shown he can hold his own in a shootout. He bested Brees and NO in a high scoring game at the dome this season. 26 of 35 for 349 yards and 4 TDs, winning 48-46.

Despite shutting down Henry, KC is still pretty weak against the run overall. They're secondary is much improved, but their biggest weakness is they have trouble defending tight ends. SF has the best TE in the league in Kittle.

I've been going back and forth on this for a while. I personally want the Chiefs to win, but I think the Niners edge it out.

Oh, and as much as I like Andy Reid: I think this might be the game where he pulls his typical bullsh*t, he's overdue for 1 of those games. I'm betting he forgets how to use his timeouts again

On 1/29/2020 at 2:03 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

Was Foles elite?

Manning his last trip with Denver?

Eli? 

Not that simple

I'm going KC 31 SF 27

Favorite props:

Coleman Under 27.5 yds rushing (-118 FD)

Largest lead of the Game U 14.5 (-115 FD)

Jimmy G to throw in INT (-150 DK)

D. Williams O 29.5 receiving yds (-112 DK)

SF Most First downs in the game (-106 DK)

Long shot MVP Matt Breida (100-1 DK) (used a $10 free bet on that one)