Jets all in on Jack Conklin

Rhg1084

29 minutes ago, freestater said:

Really don’t see him shaking free. Top OT’s don’t make it to FA.

Yeah but he's joining Derek Henry, and Ryan Tannehill in free agency. The Titans only get one franchise/transition tag. Someone will break free and hit the open market. Titans obviously won't let Henry go. It's down to Tannehill and Conklin. Who do you think is hitting the open market? Not Tannehill.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, SR24 said:

A couple thoughts...

1. Connor McGovern should already be a Jet.  This is one Mccagnan's more important but lesser known whiffs in the Draft.  He was there for the taking!

2. Is Forbes saying that this is a good Draft for Centers?  I'm not sure I buy that but I'd love to be convinced.  My understanding is that there are about 4-5 guys with true starter potential.  Biadasz, Nick Harris, Cushenberry, Cesar Ruiz.... a couple of other guys like Hennessey, Daryl Williams are out there too, but the Center group is nothing like the OTs and WRs in my opinion.  Again, I'd love to be proven wrong and learn that we can find a starting Center somewhere in the 3rd or 4th round.

48 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

A couple thoughts...

1. Connor McGovern should already be a Jet.  This is one Mccagnan's more important but lesser known whiffs in the Draft.  He was there for the taking!

2. Is Forbes saying that this is a good Draft for Centers?  I'm not sure I buy that but I'd love to be convinced.  My understanding is that there are about 4-5 guys with true starter potential.  Biadasz, Nick Harris, Cushenberry, Cesar Ruiz.... a couple of other guys like Hennessey, Daryl Williams are out there too, but the Center group is nothing like the OTs and WRs in my opinion.  Again, I'd love to be proven wrong and learn that we can find a starting Center somewhere in the 3rd or 4th round.

I wouldn’t bet on finding a starter, especially right away, at any position in round 3 or 4.  The jets can’t rely on a 3rd or 4th round pick to start a center (or wr, or t) anytime soon.

• Upvote 1