AFC East will rise again.

Jetster

Outside of the Jets 2009/2010 run & Miamis unlikely run with Pennington with Brady on the shelf in 2008, the AFC East, NY Jets, Buffalo Bills & Miami Dolphins have been a dumpster fire, easily allowing the Patriots to walk through the season, win the division of obtain homefield advantage through playoffs 90% of the time. Since 2008, this is truly the first time Brady & the Patriots looked like they were finally slipping back to the pack. Not only did Brady show his age but a few other stalwarts leading that team for years are also slowing down like Edelman & Devin McCourty. 

So now we head towards the draft & it looks like Tua is a sure thing to the Miami Dolphins unless a team jumps them. If that happens it looks like the division is repeating itself from the 1980s with 3 young QBs, Sam Darnold, Josh Allen & possibly Tua. It won't be surprising if the Patriots grab a veteran, Mariotta?, Bridgewater?, Tannehill?, and draft a young QB (would it shock you if they moved up for Herbert?). 

If this is a repeat of the 80s in the AFC East, let's pray that our Jets have the best QB when it's all said & done. It already looks like the AFC  has some of the best young QBs (Mahomes, Jackson), and has some up & comers like Darnold & Allen. Getting to a Super Bowl over the next 10 years won't be easy, never is, but Joe Douglas will have to build a tough young team to climb to the top. Building through the draft will have to be the way but with that being said, we'll have approximitely 80 million to spend. The trenches are numero uno. With that said I see Yannick Ngokeou & a big tough Oline as the 1st two targets when free agency opens. You can't sit out of free agency, the Packers did that for a while and it got their coach fired, they spent big, went 13-3 & the AFCG but ran into a buzz saw on the road. 

Joe Douglas will be aggressive. Our QB is in place. Our run to the title starts as soon as free agency opens. 

2 hours ago, jamesr said:

You forgot to add "The pig is ripe for the slaughter." :D 

After what you witnessed this year, Brady, Edelman at 35 years old, McCourty getting old (he’s a free agent I believe, I could see someone poaching him for 2 years for leadership), Scarnechia retiring, the Pig has never been this close to slaughter. 

2 minutes ago, Jetster said:

After what you witnessed this year, Brady, Edelman at 35 years old, McCourty getting old (he’s a free agent I believe, I could see someone poaching him for 2 years for leadership), Scarnechia retiring, the Pig has never been this close to slaughter. 

Doesn't mean the Jets will lead that fight.

8 minutes ago, ghost_in_pads02 said:

Damn...can we get thru the draft, free agency....emm maybe a mini camp..training camp....and 1, 1 preseason game first or Nah?

and sacrifice all that time that could be spent discussing how sh!tty the Cheatriots will be?  

so to answer your question.... naaaah!

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

and sacrifice all that time that could be spent discussing how sh!tty the Cheatriots will be?  

so to answer your question.... naaaah!

If it's anything like the brilliant phase..."the pig is ripe for the slaughter" seeing how that worked soo well over those years..

I would hold off on ordering any AFC championship shirt n cap.