2 more NFL.com Mock Drafts

8 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

Bucky Brooks and Zierlein’s mock drafts. 

Have Jets selecting OT Mekhi Becton. Giddy up. 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001099246/article/bucky-brooks-2020-nfl-mock-draft-10-jordan-love-to-saints

Lets just somehow get the Raiders to give us their number 12 pick and then pick a WR. Boom

I think they need a shiny new Box Safety, what with Karl Joseph hitting free agency and all.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

Bucky Brooks and Zierlein’s mock drafts. 

Have Jets selecting OT Mekhi Becton. Giddy up. 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001099246/article/bucky-brooks-2020-nfl-mock-draft-10-jordan-love-to-saints

Lets just somehow get the Raiders to give us their number 12 pick and then pick a WR. Boom. 

This isnt out of the realm of possibilities.

Vegas is going to possibly entertain moving one of their 1st round picks this year because that would give them 5 1st rounders in the previous two drafts they may have to end up paying in the same time frame. 

The question becomes what do we trade without giving up picks. The only answer is Jamal and I could absolutely see that happen so they have a splashy player to kick off in Las Vegas. 

Vegas - Rd 1 (Pick 19) and Rd 3 (Pick 80) 

Jets - Adams

This trade still leaves Vegas with 3 picks in the top 100 while picking up a marketable star. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1

12 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

I understand the need for OL but without decent WR's like Jeudy and Lamb if they are still there at 11 Sam Darnold will be throwing to ghosts.

Image result for ghosts gifs

We're going to have to look at our draft as a composite of the 1st 4 picks - all Top 80 picks.  If we go OL in the 1st, we have a lot of opens with the other 3 top 80 picks

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

34 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

I understand the need for OL but without decent WR's like Jeudy and Lamb if they are still there at 11 Sam Darnold will be throwing to ghosts.

Image result for ghosts gifs

Lucky for us there are good players in both oline and wr in this draft.  The drop off for oline is bigger though imo.  There are going to be good wrs there for the jets after round 1.

• Upvote 1

Many of the mock drafts I have seen show the Cowboys picking a very good safety at 17.  Not a dissimilar place from where the Colts picked Malik Hooker, the Chargers took Derwin Price, or the Falcons took Keanu Neal.  In other words, where Safeties should be picked.  I would be surprised if they traded for Jamal.  Jamal may be better than they are, may be, but he will be much more expensive.  

5 minutes ago, Tony The Wiz said:

Don't like it. Wait for the combine to see if Becton can block elite edge rushers. Would of love to see him in his bowl game versus Miss. St. but another one no mas.  Sorry right now he is not my cup of tea.  

Fair opinion.  Becton looked good even vs good competition like Notre Dame and Florida State.  The Combine will be important but if he continues to show his nimbleness, ability to mirror, and has relative mobility for such a big man then I think he's going Top 15.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, JTJet said:

This isnt out of the realm of possibilities.

Vegas is going to possibly entertain moving one of their 1st round picks this year because that would give them 5 1st rounders in the previous two drafts they may have to end up paying in the same time frame. 

The question becomes what do we trade without giving up picks. The only answer is Jamal and I could absolutely see that happen so they have a splashy player to kick off in Las Vegas. 

Vegas - Rd 1 (Pick 19) and Rd 3 (Pick 80) 

Jets - Adams

This trade still leaves Vegas with 3 picks in the top 100 while picking up a marketable star. 

If the Jets get the 11th and 12th picks with Jeudy/Lamb and Becton or one of the 'top 3' OTs still on the board I would make that trade. 

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

Fair opinion.  Becton looked good even vs good competition like Notre Dame and Florida State.  The Combine will be important but if he continues to show his nimbleness, ability to mirror, and has relative mobility for such a big man then I think he's going Top 15.

Now I watched this tape like I watch some of his games and this is who he is. If I am a Offensive Line coach I see a few flaws. The main flaw is he doesn't drive the defender away. He gives you one shot and that defender may go backwards but he is not able to get back into the play. He is not nimble enough to do it.  I also seen he would of got called holding a few times but why is he throwing himself on the ground to block a defender. Not with his size. He sometimes feels like he is unbalanced and is going to stumble. All of these issues will be addressed at the Combine. So far the player that has impressed me is Josh Jones of Houston when I watched him in the Senior Bowl. For me is the number 3 OT to Wirfs and Thomas right now.   

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, JTJet said:

If we pick Becton I will break my TV in half. He has Q Williams bust written all over him. 

I can't take seriously any draft pick evaluations from someone who has already written off QW as a bust after one season. It's just a dumb thing to do.  

15 hours ago, Dinamite said:

If Andrew Thomas is somehow there at 11 he has to be the pick.   Has been good for years on college, rather than just potential...

I agree. I still have Thomas as the top OT and the guy most likely to be a plug and play LT in year one. The #2 guy is Wirfs, IMO. 

16 minutes ago, PepPep said:

I can't take seriously any draft pick evaluations from someone who has already written off QW as a bust after one season. It's just a dumb thing to do.

You clearly didnt watch a game this year. 

But ok. 

23 hours ago, Tony The Wiz said:

Don't like it. Wait for the combine to see if Becton can block elite edge rushers. Would of love to see him in his bowl game versus Miss. St. but another one no mas.  Sorry right now he is not my cup of tea.  

Becton is getting mocked so high right now it reminds me of so many work out warrior buffs that were pushed to the top of draft boards because of their measurements but fail in the NFL... Gohlston being the worst of the worst.

11 minutes ago, JTJet said:

But ok. 

QW has a lot to prove but calling him a bust is far too early... GW runs a very complex system that requires every player to know more then 1 position. As a rookie that lost time due to injuries, it is understandable that he struggled.   But its a short leash... He has a lot to prove, but like Darnold he is also very young which can be good and bad... 

Overall he is not looking like a #3 player ... writing him off is also equally as silly as saying he is definitely going to turn it around. Fans need slightly more patience lately... the immediacy is only making things worse... not better.

17 hours ago, JTJet said:

If we pick Becton I will break my TV in half. He has Q Williams bust written all over him. 

I have been quick to judge players as busts "early" many times.  Often correctly.

We all know his performance was really disappointing.  But QW's college tape is just so good, dominant in fact... don't throw in the towel on the kid yet. 

• Sympathy 1

32 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

I agree that Becton is a huge bust risk at #11... So this I agree with you... stop with the QW bust arguments though... They just make you look short sighted and ignornant

No. I have plenty of long term outlooks, but I watched the games and have a brain. 

I'm just going to sit back and watch Leo Williams happen all over again, and he didnt even have nearly the impact Leo did his rookie year. 

Mac did nothing of note in his tenure outside of Darnold and that was luck. Until you can lay out a convincing argument for Q being justified at the pick or playing even at an elite level, I'm not the one that looks ignorant. 

21 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

I have been quick to judge players as busts "early" many times.  Often correctly.

We all know his performance was really disappointing.  But QW's college tape is just so good, dominant in fact... don't throw in the towel on the kid yet. 

I dont WANT to throw the towel in. But I'm smart enough to know the pick was a terrible pick and he didnt play to even 5% of what we hoped. 

His college tape may have been good fo a year, but the key to Q was factoring in the fact that he played with about 5-7 NFL prospects in that D. A lot of people would have looked good in that scenario. 

23 hours ago, PepPep said:

If the Jets get the 11th and 12th picks with Jeudy/Lamb and Becton or one of the 'top 3' OTs still on the board I would make that trade. 

I'd cry tears of joy for weeks if we ended up with one of the T4-OTs and then Juedy or Lamb lol

On 1/29/2020 at 11:11 AM, jetstream23 said:

1395670536_ScreenShot2020-01-29at9_10_56AM.png.83567df2d18f007750905e3d40285733.png

All 4 guys would be great for the Jets.

Really won't know until we see what they do in free agency. But if they walk away with two new starters in free agency on the oline and bring Beachum back, I think you would see the Jets go wide receiver if the board falls that way.

• Upvote 2

18 hours ago, JTJet said:

But ok. 

QW just turned 22 years old in December. He's still a baby learning to play in the NFL trenches. Big difference going from College to Pro. He gets to work out the entire offseason, enter camp knowing what to expect & work on his flaws. How many 1st rounders go from college to ALL PRO in their 1st? Very few. We once traded James Farrior who elevated his game in Pittsburgh years later. Look at Kyle Van Noy in New England after an average career in Detroit. Some guys need transition time, to call QW a bust on a team with absolutely ZERO EDGE RUSHERS is nonsense. 

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

QW just turned 22 years old in December. He's still a baby learning to play in the NFL trenches. Big difference going from College to Pro. He gets to work out the entire offseason, enter camp knowing what to expect & work on his flaws. How many 1st rounders go from college to ALL PRO in their 1st? Very few. We once traded James Farrior who elevated his game in Pittsburgh years later. Look at Kyle Van Noy in New England after an average career in Detroit. Some guys need transition time, to call QW a bust on a team with absolutely ZERO EDGE RUSHERS is nonsense. 

Not nonsense at all. 

Our track record of talent evaluation supports my claim of him being a bust much more than anything anyone else is going to present in an argument defending Q, that is virtually impossible to debate. 

The whole "NFL Offseason" argument is so flawed its laughable. Q has had a few years in an NFL caliber college program/weight room that is arguably better than a few NFL teams facilities and staff, he had an entire NFL pre draft training process, he had an entire NFL rookie camp/orientation, he had an entire NFL training camp minus 1 week, and he had an entire NFL season.... and we saw squat. 

About 4 solid years of absolutely nothing but training at an NFL level, and our training staff/strength and conditioning people being some of the worst in the NFL this year and we are led to believe he now just needs an "NFL offseason" ... ? 

Please. 

20 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Becton is getting mocked so high right now it reminds me of so many work out warrior buffs that were pushed to the top of draft boards because of their measurements but fail in the NFL... Gohlston being the worst of the worst.

How can he be a “workout warrior” when he hasn’t even worked out yet?   

1 hour ago, sec101row23 said:

How can he be a “workout warrior” when he hasn’t even worked out yet?   

because the reason everyone is fawning over him is his size and agile feet.... But he is overweight, sloppy feet and bad hands... He is a long way away from being a NFL LT.... So if you draft him it will take a year or two before he can actually hopefully... maybe take the next step to perform in the NFL. Too many wishes and hopes for a #11 pick. He is not moving up the draft boards because of his tape.... Its his 'workout numbers' meaning height weight strength... blah blah blah... Yes I assume he is going to test high at the combine and move up to a high level... He is just a big project to take on at 11... Could he be great... sure but so could have gholston and Robertson. Just my opinion. If JD takes him then I certainly hope they get at least 2 tackles in FA because this guy needs work. 

19 hours ago, Maxman said:

Really won't know until we see what they do in free agency. But if they walk away with two new starters in free agency on the oline and bring Beachum back, I think you would see the Jets go wide receiver if the board falls that way.

I really don't think it would matter. I think Joe D is set on taking an OL no matter what. I would be extremely surprised if he went WR. Beachum is only good for another year, if that. 

IMO it's OL or pass rusher. 

4 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

I really don't think it would matter. I think Joe D is set on taking an OL no matter what. I would be extremely surprised if he went WR. Beachum is only good for another year, if that. 

IMO it's OL or pass rusher. 

Or corner if the other needs are even somewhat addressed in free agency.