Would you trade Jamal Adams for Quenton Nelson?

Would you trade Jamal Adams for Quenton Nelson, assuming similar contract $$, timeframe, etc.?  

125 members have voted

1. 1. Would you trade Jamal Adams for Quenton Nelson, assuming similar contract $$, timeframe, etc.?

• Yes, I would trade S Jamal Adams for OG Quenton Nelson
    • No, I would NOT trade S Jamal Adams for OG Quenton Nelson

9 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Would I trade Jamal?  Yes.

Would I trade Jamal for a OG?  No.

This is basically how I feel.

If I am trading our best all around player, I want two premium draft picks, so that I have the opportunity to land difference makers at BOTH OL and WR

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Hypothetical, but it's the offseason....so indulge me! :D 

Similar caliber players, both All Pros, both taken 6th overall, both play what some people consider non-premium positions as neither are QBs, Edge rushers, CBs, LTs, etc.  Both are young guys and, for the sake of argument, assume that they'd cost about the same and would need to get new contracts at the same time.  In other words, don't use the fact that Nelson (drafted 2018) would be around one more year on a rookie deal versus Adams (drafted 2017).

If you would NOT trade Adams for Nelson then provide some reasoning given that Nelson would be an asset on offense, help protect the Jets most important player in Sam Darnold, and would lead the rushing attack.

If you would trade Adams for Nelson then provide your justification for giving up a difference maker at a defensive position who impacts the football and has actually scored points as compared to a guy who is just 1 of 5 OLinemen and isn't an OT or even a Center.

I love multiple picks in the draft, but to get a guard this quality at his age, it would be a go for me especially having a young QB. 

No.  Jamal Adams can change the game in a seconds notice.  He scored 2 TDs last season.  He's a game changer.  Nelson is great but I was told that as great as Jamal is, he doesnt impact the game and all I need as proof is look at the Jets record.   Meanwhile, the Colts had the same record as the Jets.  So, I'll keep the game changer and try to find an OG who can help block for a middle of the pack offense.

I would also like to point out that I was recently told that Jamal Adams isnt one of the best players in the NFL.  This same person, in this thread, believes the Jets can get a 1st round pick plus some for his services.  You know, because those types of deals happen all the time for players who arent among the best in the league.

Without Question... To be a team in contention on a regular you Need an Oline... The QB IS the Most important position on an NFL Team & protecting him is The Most Important Criteria...  an ALL PRO Left Tackle WILL ALWAYS Out Value an ALL PRO Safety... I like Jamal but I Would Gladly execute this trade.

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

AKA Why Communism Doesn't Work

Well actually though that book may have been pointed towards the Russians it is 100% relevant to any political system.  Including the ones most favoured in the western world.  Those that tout a system the most also are the ones that cheat that system.

No. I would only trade Adams if there were a suitor that was offering the equivalent of TWO 1st round draft choices. More than likely a 1st rounder AND a player at the pinnacle of his game. I would NEVER trade him for anything less than that.

7 hours ago, Warfish said:

My preference remains to trade Jamal Adams for a 2020 #1 pick (giving us two, one OL, one WR) and a 2020 3rd round pick (giving us three #3's, OL, WR, RB). 

I.e. the reported Dallas offer that was on the table.

I believe there is one GM, likely for a team a piece away (in their minds), who will pay that price for an All-Pro Safety in Adams.

But yes, I would also trade Adams for an All-Pro O-lineman. like Nelson.

There is no real right or wrong answer here, it's all a question of team building.

I believe a champion team is built around it's franchise QB, and it's O-linemen protecting him and the RB's.

I do not believe a Safety is the position to build your team around, nor do I believe a Safety who primarily played an odd LB/EDGE hybrid last year, is the kind of player you build a champion around.

Really is as simple as that for me.  Build our team around Sam Darnold and his O-line, and give him WR's and RB's with which to score points.  We will never compete as a 32nd ranked Offense with a league-worst O-line and WR group. 

We can compete (and have in the past) on Defense without having an All-Pro Strong Safety/LB/EDGE hybrid,

History agrees with you

• Upvote 1