Jets begin contract extension talks with Jamal Adams

Rhg1084

8 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Little bit butthurt, eh? ?  Your overcompensation for the weakness of your position ("moron, moron, moron.....") is obvious.

Be assured mate, no one outside of the bubble would put Adams anywhere near the top 50 players in the NFL today.  And no, being the best Stroing Safety doesn't, in fact, make you one of the best in the league, it just makes you the best Safety,  The best Kicker isn't one of the best players in the league either, even if he's an All-Pro.

Re-Draft the NFL today, Adams isn't picked in the top 100, maybe not even the top 200.  I guarantee it. If being the 201'st best player in the NFL makes him "among the leagues best players", ok.  Lol, like I said, whatever you say.  

You should be happy, sounds like we're going to pay him very handsomely, and a year early to boot.  Everything you wanted, right?  Enjoy your moment.  Don't worry about me.....at least until you have to defend yet another 32nd ranked offense down the road with "well, at least Adams had 3 sacks and almost an INT this year too, tho", lol.

Just doubling down on your idiocy?  Nice.  It's fitting. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Little bit butthurt, eh? ?  Your overcompensation for the weakness of your position ("moron, moron, moron.....") is obvious.

Be assured mate, no one outside of the bubble would put Adams anywhere near the top 50 players in the NFL today.  And no, being the best Stroing Safety doesn't, in fact, make you one of the best in the league, it just makes you the best Safety,  The best Kicker isn't one of the best players in the league either, even if he's an All-Pro.

Re-Draft the NFL today, Adams isn't picked in the top 100, maybe not even the top 200.  I guarantee it. If being the 201'st best player in the NFL makes him "among the leagues best players", ok.  Lol, like I said, whatever you say.  

You should be happy, sounds like we're going to pay him very handsomely, and a year early to boot.  Everything you wanted, right?  Enjoy your moment.  Don't worry about me.....at least until you have to defend yet another 32nd ranked offense down the road with "well, at least Adams had 3 sacks and almost an INT this year too, tho", lol.

His peers just voted him the 37th best player in the NFL last summer.  

• Haha 2

Extend Marcus Maye while you’re at it JD.  I mean it.  He’s going into a contract year in 2020 and is underpaid at about $2 mill.  Extend him now giving security but getting a discount on giving him another 3-4 years at what will be his below market rate if he were to complete 2020 and hit FA.  

Marcus is damn good and we didn’t hear much about him this year because he was so damn good.  Made a million game saving tackles where he took great angles and was the last line of defense which is his job.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

All 16 of 'em!

If he cares that much about winning, maybe he'll accept less than top Safety money.  

***snorts***

I got an idea he's going to do just that? He's going to make Fort Knox with endorsements anyway. Douglas is also ripping up Adams rookie deal with two seasons to go. So, YES, I think he's going to accept approximately the same as Eddie Jackson got. That constitutes him giving us a deal because everyone with a brain knows he's worth far more than the next best Safety. He's a cornerstone player.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, NYJ1 said:

I got an idea he's going to do just that? He's going to make Fort Knox with endorsements anyway. Douglas is also ripping up Adams rookie deal with two seasons to go. So, YES, I think he's going to accept approximately the same as Eddie Jackson got. That constitutes him giving us a deal because everyone with a brain knows he's worth far more than the next best Safety. He's a cornerstone player.

Good luck with that.  

25 minutes ago, Warfish said:

You've outdone yourself.  Every sentence is absurd.  I hope this is some kind of parody.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JiF said:

I just said a simple fact about our best player - "he's one of the best players in the league". Literally not a single person with half a brain that watches Football would argue that.  The only smooth brains that do?  Jets fans.

Bro, this fanbase is straight up nutty.  We really deserve how bad we've been.  Legit. 

Excellent post pal. Straight up honors for this.

3 hours ago, bitonti said:

this franchise doesn't have much character but what little there is, is because of Jamal 

33 is the President 

Well, he's a character all right!

:P

I'd like to see an extension get done with him.  Put this whole debate to bed and let's move on with building a championship team.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, David Harris said:

Revis to Tampa probably. As well as 

-Abe

-Keyshawn

but then we also often simply cut Pro Bowlers like Demario Davis, James Farrior, and Terrance Mathis

We Also let Coles, Moss, Randy Thomas walk right out the door for nothing as well. 

1 hour ago, InstantClassic said:

People saying he doesn’t play an important position or doesn’t impact the game. Really?

What about Ed Reed? Sean Taylor? Troy Polamalu? 

Ed Reed had 64 career INTs and 7 TDs.

Sean Taylor had 12 INTs and 8 FFs in his 4-year career.  

Troy Polamalu had 32 career INTs, 12 sacks, 56 TFLs and 14 FFs.

Just stop.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JiF said:

If you tried to tell a single player, coach or GM that Jamal Adams isnt one of the best players in the league, this gif would be their exact response.  You'd be laughed out of the room and told to never share a Football opinion again.

Thats how stupid you look right now. 

Yes because lots of NFL fans watch Jets games.  How many nationally televised games do we get per season these days?  0.5?

7 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

When is the last time the Jets traded away a star player instead of paying him?  John Abraham back in 2005?

Revis and Richardson but it’s not like they have had a whole lot of star players to trade.  Hence why it’s pretty cool to now have one and we want to keep him! 

1 hour ago, JiF said:

Pretty sure if you're the best at your position, your one of the best players in the league.  Pretty sure when you make an All-Pro team, you're recognized as one of the best players in the league. 

Is the best Punter in the league considered one of the best players in the league?  How about the best Long Snapper?

• Thumb Down 1

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Ed Reed had 64 career INTs and 7 TDs.

Sean Taylor had 12 INTs and 8 FFs in his 4-year career.  

Troy Polamalu had 32 career INTs, 12 sacks, 56 TFLs and 14 FFs.

Just stop.  

STOP lining Jamal Adams as a hybris LB at the line of scrimmage STOP blitzing him and maybe his INT's will be greater than what they are. 

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yes because lots of NFL fans watch Jets games.  How many nationally televised games do we get per season these days?  0.5?

I said players, GMs and coaches but sure, join War on this side of the argument.  It’s a good look for you. 

1 hour ago, Rhg1084 said:

So it’s bad to have the best SS in the league on your team?

It would be better to have upgrades at multiple positions on the Offensive Line. 

This is an offense-driven league, after all, and we have one of the 3 worst OL's in the NFL.  

And as @Sperm Edwards pointed out in another thread, you can't depend on middle rounders to build your line.  You really need to use 1st-3rd rounders to find starters, especially at OT.