Tom Brady Tweet

2 hours ago, jgb said:

Tannehill has proved everyone wrong once and he will do it again. I'm telling you, he is a massively underrated player. He's a hyper-athletic, premium version of Kyle Orton.

He proved nothing, he played well for a few weeks on the back of a dominant RB.  He was invisible in their biggest regular season game and all 3 playoff games.  He's a quality backup QB, he's not a quality starter.  If Tennessee is willing to let him walk that should tell you everything.

Watch how he draws little interest from other QB needy teams.  He was in a perfect situation in Tennessee but it's hard to rely on your RB to rush for 150-200 yards every week to win.

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

He proved nothing, he played well for a few weeks on the back of a dominant RB.  He was invisible in their biggest regular season game and all 3 playoff games.  He's a quality backup QB, he's not a quality starter.  If Tennessee is willing to let him walk that should tell you everything.

Watch how he draws little interest from other QB needy teams.  He was in a perfect situation in Tennessee but it's hard to rely on your RB to rush for 150-200 yards every week to win.

Love how those goal posts keep getting pushed out. At the beginning of the year there was "no way" he could win CBPOTY. Now it's "well, duh, he landed in the perfect spot." Conveniently we disregard that that spot didn't look so impressive with Mariota at the helm.

He has more 4,000 yard seasons than the Jets as an organization have had in their history. He led the NFL in yards per attempt this season. He is no dink-and-dunking game manager. In fact, Derrick Henry owes as much to Tannehill as Tannehill does to Henry.

He will surprise everyone except apparently me again next season. It would be a huge mistake for Tenn to let him go, even if they bring in Brady. Tannehill > Brady at this point in their careers. It would take an Idziotic/Macctarded level of incompetence to let Tannehill walk. I don't think any other franchise is that dumb. I'd give huge odds he stays put and I hope he does. My big fear is that Tannehill goes to NE. They'd be a virtual lock to win the AFC East again. Tannehill is the exact kind of underrated player that Belichick would snap up should the Pats have the need.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

20 minutes ago, jgb said:

Love how those goal posts keep getting pushed out. At the beginning of the year there was "no way" he could win CBPOTY. Now it's "well, duh, he landed in the perfect spot." Conveniently we disregard that that spot didn't look so impressive with Mariota at the helm.

He has more 4,000 yard seasons than the Jets as an organization have had in their history. He led the NFL in yards per attempt this season. He is no dink-and-dunking game manager. In fact, Derrick Henry owes as much to Tannehill as Tannehill does to Henry.

He will surprise everyone except apparently me again next season. It would be a huge mistake for Tenn to let him go, even if they bring in Brady. Tannehill > Brady at this point in their careers. It would take an Idziotic/Macctarded level of incompetence to let Tannehill walk. I don't think any other franchise is that dumb. I'd give huge odds he stays put and I hope he does. My big fear is that Tannehill goes to NE. They'd be a virtual lock to win the AFC East again. Tannehill is the exact kind of underrated player that Belichick would snap up should the Pats have the need.

I think there's a better than decent chance that Tannenhill is better than Brady at this point, but I dunno if I fear anything about the guy

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, CTM said:

I think there's a better than decent chance that Tannenhill is better than Brady at this point, but I dunno if I fear anything about the guy

Similar to Garoppolo. Looks great when they can run the ball at will. As soon as you put it in their hands to win the game you find yourself losing. 

10 hours ago, jgb said:

He's been a mediocre QB his entire career outside of a little stretch this year.  When the games got big he reverted back to mediocrity.  Watch the market for him, that will tell you everything.  

BB has only had success with Tom Brady but he'd win with Ryan Tannehill ?

You are just looking at numbers and not watching him play, he doesn't scare any opposing defense. He gave Tennessee a spark as a backup and Henry carried that O.  That's not happening over 16 games.  He's a backup level QB in this league.  

24 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

He's been a mediocre QB his entire career outside of a little stretch this year.  When the games got big he reverted back to mediocrity.  Watch the market for him, that will tell you everything.  

BB has only had success with Tom Brady but he'd win with Ryan Tannehill ?

You are just looking at numbers and not watching him play, he doesn't scare any opposing defense. He gave Tennessee a spark as a backup and Henry carried that O.  That's not happening over 16 games.  He's a backup level QB in this league.  

If Tannehill is the Patriots starter next season they are still the odds on favorite to win the division.

12 hours ago, jgb said:

It will be very interesting to see if the Titans are in the QB market this offseason. I personally think they will be and would not be surprised to see them go for Brady, Bridgewater or Rivers.  I also would not be surprised to see them attempt a trade up to grab a QB who slips. As an aside,  I'd be listening if they wanted to come up to 11 for sure.