Jets Targeting Thuney

SR24

10 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Every tweet needs a thread

Every OL who isn’t under contract will be rumored to be a Jet landing spot

Meaningless today

Did that fence post hurt when it went up your a**?  

You know what my favorite part about threads I'm not interested in?  Not reading them.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 2

Just now, playtowinthegame said:

I like Scherff but Thuney is absolutely a rock when it comes to being available to play. He's Unbreakable. 

Young, consistent and seems like he's always on the field. I think his market might outgrow our budget but he'd be a hell of a piece to add to the OL, would be pie in the sky if we can add him and then Wirfs/Wills or Thomas!

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

17 minutes ago, SR24 said:

Damn me for posting a Jets update on a Jets forum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

It’s not an update.  

It’s a website deducing the Jets could be interested if he hits FA.

I could get a list of every decent to good OL and say the Jets will be interested.   Or go hard.  

14 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Did that fence post hurt when it went up your a**?  

You know what my favorite part about threads I'm not interested in?  Not reading them.

Good for you.  Now apply that logic to replying to posts you’re not interested in.  

• Thumb Down 2

4 minutes ago, chirorob said:

I miss the Rutgers Grease Trucks.

I'm old enough to remember when they were in front of the freshman dorms, until one of them caught on fire and burned down.

There was nothing better than going there at 3am after hitting the bars for hours and getting a fat Darrell

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

6 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I'm very interested in your post.  That's why I responded.  I am fascinated, to be quite honest.

Time to get a life.  Lol
Was a simple observation.  They’ll be one tweet after another saying some inside say we may or may not be interested in an OL who may or may not hit FA.

This is the second one this week.  That’s all

Jets targeting any FA olineman with a pulse!

So there seems to be about 4 guys who have been talked about a lot re olineman.  Thuney, Conklin, Costanzo, Scherff

One will retire one or two more will be resigned for their team and then 25 teams will be after the last one or two.

If it is a money/term tie or close the guy always chooses the team closer to winning.

In the end we will over pay and over term someone but it can't be helped.  When you essentially ignore the oline in the draft for 5 years when it needs to be rebuilt you are left in this situation.

22 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Time to get a life.  Lol
Was a simple observation.  They’ll be one tweet after another saying some inside say we may or may not be interested in an OL who may or may not hit FA.

This is the second one this week.  That’s all

I see your point. Tweets are so annoying. But then again, it is news. 

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

There’s no reason why the Jets shouldn’t be able to walk away with two of Conklin, Thuney, Scherff or Glasgow come March.

From your mouth to God's ears....

But I don't think it'll be so easy. These guys you just named are young, talented and probably shouldn't be made available in the first place.

Heavy competition will be the issue.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SR24 said:

Damn me for posting a Jets update on a Jets forum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

You need to ask permission to stat any new threads here, since it apparently costs the egghead audience money when someone wants to express themselves.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, ASH1962 said:

You need to ask permission to stat any new threads here, since it apparently costs the egghead audience money when someone wants to express themselves.

If that’s what you get from the idea that it’s not really saying anything we Dont know.

ill copy and paste this next time you complain about a thread again

23 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Its a good update, don't worry about any wannabe moderators.

No wannabe aspirations.  You guys have a hard job!

Sorry, thought maybe a thread with all of these tweets would make for a cleaner front page than lots of threads on the same topic

Irs been said before, sorry

• Upvote 1