Costello's comments from former Gase players-Counter Mehta

10 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Sportswriters typically have each other's back, and look out and help tip each other.

This article is a definite rebuke of Mehta and he is outside the circle.

I’ve never seen journalists dunk on another writer as much or as joyously as they all did when Mehta was exposed as Gase’s burner account. The only things I’ve ever seen that were comparable was the professional hate for Skip Bayless when he implied Troy Aikman was gay, and for Chris Cilizza, who is the Stephen A Smith of political journalism

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

43 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Gase can flourish with the Jets as long as they get an all world defense like Denver had and a HOF top 3 of all time QB like Manning.

Miami should have given him another 3 or 4 years it seems and a #1 Wr like Devante parker.

Tannehill, Drake AND Parker?!? Could you imagine the possibilities????

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Scott Dierking said:

Adam Gase’s former players urge Jets fans to ‘just relax’

February 1, 2020 | 3:05pm | Updated

“It’s timing,” Williams said. “At the end of the day when Gase was here, we went to the playoffs. Tannehill had a great year that year and then ended up getting hurt. I feel like if that didn’t happen, it would have been a different story. I feel like Gase did a great job of coming in and turning that organization around.”

Ha!  Any article that claims Gase turned the organization around loses all credibility.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

51 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Gase can flourish with the Jets as long as they get an all world defense like Denver had and a HOF top 3 of all time QB like Manning.

Miami should have given him another 3 or 4 years it seems and a #1 Wr like Devante parker.

There is only one coach who has won more than 1 Super Bowl without a top 3 defense or a great QB & that's Joe Gibbs. 

Its almost always about the players! Barry Switzer won a freaking Super Bowl with Jimmy Johnsons Cowboys. 

Gase needs a lot more very good players just like any other Head Coach to consistently win. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Scott Dierking said:

All three praised Gase’s coaching and offensive mind, something Jets fans are skeptical about after the team finished last in the league in offense in his first season.

So perhaps it's not his "mind", it's just his execution the past four years that's poor?

After a time, you are what your record says you are.  Four years as Head Coach, four bottom-of-the-league finishes on Offense, one a dead last finish (us).

At what point is a supposedly "brilliant offensive mind",  who always finished towards the bottom in offense,  a failure at execution then?

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, Jetster said:

There is only one coach who has won more than 1 Super Bowl without a top 3 defense or a great QB & that's Joe Gibbs. 

Its almost always about the players! Barry Switzer won a freaking Super Bowl with Jimmy Johnsons Cowboys. 

Gase needs a lot more very good players just like any other Head Coach to consistently win. 

george siefert

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Way too much of how fans perceive Jets coaches is based on how much those coaches try to kiss the fans’ asses. Herm did it masterfully and Rex was obsessed with fellating the base, both here and in Buffalo, and as a result, fans gave both of those guys a pass for way too long, and they both held onto their jobs for way too long.

A (f-cking) men.

Jets fans are consuuuuuuuuuumed with perception.  Herm, Rex, Chad, these clowns were fan favorites for all the wrong reasons.

SAR I

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

With that said, this is mostly a product of sensitive Jets fan who can't handle the fact that their Head Coach had goofy eyes during an interview. SOJFs are just easily triggered. 

Google eyes, Buttfumble, "Kiss His Rings", it's all the SOJF cares about.  Water cooler teasing.  Perception.  Not reality.

SAR I

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, SAR I said:

A (f-cking) men.

Jets fans are consuuuuuuuuuumed with perception.  Herm, Rex, Chad, these clowns were fan favorites for all the wrong reasons.

SAR I

I’ll say it again, Herm and Rex won playoff games - that’s why they were fan favorites.  A franchise with precious few playoff wins might give guys that won them a game or two A bit more time.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Nobody expected him to win a Super Bowl but how about not producing the worst offense in the league?

or delivering the 24th, 25th, 31st and 32nd offense in the league.....progressively getting worse.

The guy isn’t a good coach...

Third and fourth string QB's who shouldn't be in the NFL behind an OL from hell will do that to you. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

18 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Dead last in Offense = Overachieved.

tenor.gif?itemid=5436796

We're back to basically arguing that "when Gase has all-pros at every position that all stay 100% healthy, THEN he'll show us".

7-9, after starting 1-7, is almost unheard of, especially given what happened to the already depleted roster this year.

Also, the meat of my post already explained what happens to offensive rankings when even Super Bowl caliber coaches have talent deficiencies and injuries decimate their teams.  It also clearly explained that Gase doesn't need "all-pros at every position that all stay 100% healthy" to finish in a respectable spot both record wise and in the offensive rankings. Once again, In 2016 he took an "okay" roster with injuries at QB1, RB1 and other positions to the playoffs and a respectable finish in the offensive rankings.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

Third and fourth string QB's who shouldn't be in the NFL behind an OL from hell will do that to you. 

A full half dozen teams in this league had to go to 3rd stringers and remained at least functional.

Gase hand chose Falk as his 3rd stringer, he also gave him no #1 reps in a week he had to start.

Gase is terrible and got the least amount out of what he had to work with.

Gregg Williams lost both starting ilbs, had legendary guys like mallet and bless austin at CB and got the most out of his talent.

IF you are a really good coach you get something out of talent problems, if you are a bad or mediocre coach you get nothing unless you are flush with talent.

• Upvote 3