Nick Bosa wins DRoY

10 minutes ago, Prestige Worldwide said:

Just a question, not meant to be argumentative...

What do you think they could have done to lose? What's the plan to lose on purpose? How do you lose on purpose without it looking like you're losing on purpose? 

@Creepy Lurker's post pretty much said it all. It's not on the HC, it's on the GM.

IR for players that may not be in the team’s future plans and you don’t want to risk being on the hook for guaranteed money and play your backups more to evaluate the roster.

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

You don't. The HC and players are out there to win the game. However, upper management can make moves that ensure losing games.

OK.  Like what, specifically, for the 2019 Jets in week 17 for example?  What would you, as "upper management" have done differently?

As for your second question - Yes. Adam Gase would've gotten fired and we could start fresh instead of going through the next several year charade pretending Gase is a good coach when everyone knows he's not. Then again, I understand not a lot of people are familiar with delayed gratification.

If you read this board, you'd know I am not a Gase believer.  

21 minutes ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

That's..... kinda the point of this thread. We would've been at #2 if we didn't beat the Bills last year in a totally meaningless game for both parties.

They’re professionals; the coaches and the athletes. 

I don’t expect them to lay down in December in order to position themselves in April.

Is the point here is that we should’ve thrown the game? Or is the point here to complain about what could’ve happened, *if* we lost that game and ignored Bosa’s injury history? 

Well, I mean, I just don’t see how either is a productive or interesting conversation.

15 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Like when we passed on Mahomes and Watson to select Adams, or did you mean something else?

If the question is, in hindsight, should the jets have drafted Mahomes instead of Adams, the answer is obvious. But that was not the question at hand. One of the great benefits of being a troll is that when one of your ignorant points is shown to be ridiculous, you can always go back in time to find another situation, totally unrelated to the original question to use in a vain attempt to try to regain the thin veneer of respectability

6 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

If the question is, in hindsight, should the jets have drafted Mahomes instead of Adams, the answer is obvious. But that was not the question at hand. One of the great benefits of being a troll is that when one of your ignorant points is shown to be ridiculous, you can always go back in time to find another situation, totally unrelated to the original question to use in a vain attempt to try to regain the thin veneer of respectability

No hindsight needed. 

Many of us strongly were for drafting a QB that cycle.  Save the deflections and "troll" accusations, if you please.  You specifically said it's valid if we pass on a guy for another guy.  That's exactly what we did in the Adams draft, passed on two winning record, playoff-level QB's for.....a Safety.

Don't contradict yourself only a few posts later.  

Also, it wasn't MY point (the Bosa over QW issue).  In point of fact, I mocked that "point" as typical fan stupidity.

the people who know everything that are now declaring QW a bust forever they were saying Bosa quit his last year in college and had injury issues
18F718AC-E066-459E-A01C-2440931C8A37.jpeg.a50c00e923639302c3e5f8229355519c.jpeg

I recall that. The hate his brother got on here was just as amusing. Yeah his last name ends in a vowel so you know he isn’t good kind of thing...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Jetmech said:

I recall that. The hate his brother got on here was just as amusing. Yeah his last name ends in a vowel so you know he isn’t good kind of thing...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They didn’t even want to draft Bosa if he fell to us at 3 they wanted to trade down for Jonah and his glass shoulder 

Jonah is going to make Marcus McNeil look like Jerry Rice

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Prestige Worldwide said:

Just a question, not meant to be argumentative...

What do you think they could have done to lose? What's the plan to lose on purpose? How do you lose on purpose without it looking like you're losing on purpose? 

Exactly.

And how do you get your players to play poorly?  How do you convince them to give up and play shltty in 20-25% of their resume?  40% if you tank 2 years?  They're going to give up on that negotiating power?

The same people that today wish we tanked for Bosa were claiming that Bosa would totally bust a year ago.  Wanted nothing to do with him 

My favorite JN GMs talked about his poor first step, poor acceleration and of course his injury history.  The people who claim they could be GMs off of YouTube etc.  LOL

16 hours ago, Warfish said:

Like when we passed on Mahomes and Watson to select Adams, or did you mean something else?

Not really the same as a Bosa or QW discussion.  They were mocked as top 3 picks whereas Mahomes wasn't even a day one pick while Adams was a top ten or a top 5 pick.  

18 hours ago, Jetster said:

That does suck. But bring back the thread where a sh*t ton of Jet fans didn't want Nick Bosa because of a history of injuries with the family. 

But yes, we no longer even employ the guy that tripped over his own feet & stumbled into the endzone. I have to admit I've never cheered against the Jets but Sam had already brought them into scoring range so I saw all I needed to see. I did not want McGuire to score, I wanted the 2nd pick & Bosa. We've needed a stud pass rusher in FOREVER. 

Pretty sure the Jets didn’t have a shot at Bosa but count me as someone who was scared of his injury history.  1 great year is cool, a career is different.  See: Sheldon Richardson.  Lots of rookie of the years flame out.

• Thumb Down 1

18 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Yes, the Jets beating the Bills is the only reason we didn't "replace Abraham after 15 years".   We totally couldn't have simply taken Josh Allen, Brian Burns or, even better value, Maxx Crosby along with Quinnen, and shut up every genius that thinks winning games is a bad thing.

It's bad drafting that has hurt us and the big bad Boogeyman that made those choices has been gone for months.  It's time to stop crying over it.

But we didn't, because this franchise doesn't know how to draft.and history shows this.

The underlined is exactly why people like me choose to root for the Jets to lose meaningless games at the end of the season. The Jets have shown time and time again they don't know how to draft. Therefore in order to draft well, they basically need to be in a position where the decision is made for them

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

21 hours ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

Quinnen Williams almost got a sack that one time.

Still think losing games doesn't matter? Does anyone care that we beat the Bills last year to take us from drafting 2 to 3?

I had wished that the Bills were fighting for the playoffs during the last game of the season.  The Jets beating the Bills backup players in a baseball like score 13-6 when the clowns owners advertised our fraud as offensive genius and celebrated by most fan here it is just beyond crazy.  It give your typical SOJF false hope thinking our morales is high going into next season and if we could just get this guy and that guy, look out SB.  

Last year during the Niners lost season, third string undrafted QB were balling and you could see their HC was no smug fraud when it came to his knowledge of the offense.  Only homer still think after watching this team the entire season actually believe that the Fraud will have a happy ending like the Niners.

• Upvote 2

28. EDGE NICK BOSA, SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS

One of the most impressive rookies PFF has seen over the past decade-plus of grading, Bosa ended the season with the most total pressures ever recorded by a first-year pass-rusher during the PFF era (2006 – present). He only added to that total in the playoffs, with a ridiculous 22 extra pressures across three games. In the biggest game of them all — the Super Bowl — Bosa recorded an absurd 12 total pressures and a pass-rush win rate over 30% in a losing effort, and he could easily have been seen as the best player on the field in that game. Nick Bosa was a true pass-rushing force as a rookie — 2020 and beyond could be scary for the rest of the NFL.

PFF Top 101 players in the NFL.

Hope everyone enjoyed that win vs Buffalo.

• Upvote 1

28. EDGE NICK BOSA, SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS

One of the most impressive rookies PFF has seen over the past decade-plus of grading, Bosa ended the season with the most total pressures ever recorded by a first-year pass-rusher during the PFF era (2006 – present). He only added to that total in the playoffs, with a ridiculous 22 extra pressures across three games. In the biggest game of them all — the Super Bowl — Bosa recorded an absurd 12 total pressures and a pass-rush win rate over 30% in a losing effort, and he could easily have been seen as the best player on the field in that game. Nick Bosa was a true pass-rushing force as a rookie — 2020 and beyond could be scary for the rest of the NFL.

PFF Top 101 players in the NFL.

Hope everyone enjoyed that win vs Buffalo.

Chase Young could be better.  And then, if SF fans are like Jets fans, they'll rip the 49ers for having the #2 pick a year too early.

"That meaningless trip to the Super Bowl only to lose got us what?  The 31st pick in the Draft?  Still think losing games doesn't matter?" - Squeet Olrich, 49ersNation Message board

:P

• Thumb Down 1

On 2/1/2020 at 5:33 PM, SAR I said:

Nope. 

Because after 1-7, Darnold’s psyche and Gase’s rally were far more important to our future than rising ten clicks on the draft board. 

SAR I

Agree on Darnold's psyche but we could've benched him the final week since we had nothing to play for and we could've given Darnold a break at the end considering he was still probably feeling tired from mono.

Btw, I was 100% for tanking prior to us getting Darnold.

• Upvote 1

On 2/1/2020 at 5:33 PM, SAR I said:

Nope. 

Because after 1-7, Darnold’s psyche and Gase’s rally were far more important to our future than rising ten clicks on the draft board. 

SAR I

If Sam's fragile psyche is too weak to handle a bad season, he isn't the guy.  

No one is saying we should have tanked the moment we reached 1-7.  But doing what we needed to do to from a front office perspective to lose those final 2 contests would have been nice.  We'd be in Andrew Thomas territory instead of talking about which RT we like best.  

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

If Sam's fragile psyche is too weak to handle a bad season, he isn't the guy.  

No one is saying we should have tanked the moment we reached 1-7.  But doing what we needed to do to from a front office perspective to lose those final 2 contests would have been nice.  We'd be in Andrew Thomas territory instead of talking about which RT we like best.  

The draft is an absolute crapshoot. Those who fetish college boys and the draft process are freaks, stay away from them. You should be relieved that you don’t have to care about the draft this year as we have our quarterback.  Watch a movie and read about it the next morning.  Whining complaining know it all draftniks are the best part. 

SAR I

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Agree on Darnold's psyche but we could've benched him the final week since we had nothing to play for and we could've given Darnold a break at the end considering he was still probably feeling tired from mono.

Btw, I was 100% for tanking prior to us getting Darnold.

Tank for a quarterback, unquestionably. But not once you’ve found him.  He needs reps and road wins, far more important.

The draft is a waste of time. Especially from a fan perspective. None of you know what you’re taking about and all you do is whine to hear yourselves whine.  It’s about the most Same Ol Jetsie Jet-like thing that happens every year. Whine machining at its worst. 

SAR I

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Tank for a quarterback, unquestionably. But not once you’ve found him.  He needs reps and road wins, far more important.

The draft is a waste of time. Especially from a fan perspective. None of you know what you’re taking about and all you do is whine to hear yourselves whine.  It’s about the most Same Ol Jetsie Jet-like thing that happens every year. Whine machining at its worst. 

SAR I

Was beating the Dolphins (in that announcer-less game many years ago) worth missing out on LT for?