Jump to content
joewilly12

***OFFICIAL SUPER BOWL LIV GAME THREAD***

Recommended Posts

Just now, Beerfish said:

That always happens to these teams, they are great at running as long as they are winning, things get close and they realize they have to score to beat a team like KC and ti goes out the window.

It happened to all the big running teams in the playoffs.

But that’s different than saying a great running game can’t win.  Honestly KC should thank Shanahan for abandoning the run otherwise they lose 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RutgersJetFan said:

Safe to say Adams over Mahomes is right up with passing on Marino and Sapp at this point. Oh Jets, you never let me down. 

The thing that makes it FAR worse is they did not feel they needed a QB because they took Hackenburg the year before.

McCagnan, worse Gm in the league over the last 25 years probably.

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, carpetbeggar said:

This is depressing to see as a Jets fan.

It’s gonna happen.  Keep the faith.  Let’s go Jets!!!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

All I know is that they show up and sell out Arrowhead and don't hate their own players.  Again, unlike fans of nameless teams

The Jets passed on the Super Bowl-winning QB for a strong safety.

  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Safe to say Adams over Mahomes is right up with passing on Marino and Sapp at this point. Oh Jets, you never let me down. 

Excuse me pal but did Kyle Brady go to the pro bowl I don’t think so

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Beerfish said:

The thing that makes it FAR worse is they did not feel they needed a QB because they took Hackenburg the year before.

McCagnan, worse Gm in the league over the last 25 years probably.

They all blend together at this point. What a black hole being a fan of this team is. And yet, here we are. Stockholmed the **** out.

  • Post of the Week 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Happy for Andy Reid

Refs screwed the pooch though

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, carpetbeggar said:

This is depressing to see as a Jets fan.

Why? If the only thing that will make you happy is winning a Super Bowl, don't be a Jets fan. Be a Jets fan just for the love of the game and find a way to be happy with yourself

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

At least they’re not trying to build around Jaquiski Tartt

bashful ben stiller GIF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RutgersJetFan said:

They all blend together at this point. What a black hole being a fan of this team is. And yet, here we are. Stockholmed the **** out.

It won’t feel right if things get better. I don’t expect it to either. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Safe to say Adams over Mahomes is right up with passing on Marino and Sapp at this point. Oh Jets, you never let me down. 

Ummmm... Did you not see Fuller at safety winning the game for the Chiefs with the pass break-up on 3rd down and then the INT to seal it?  I'd pay Adams 16M per based on that alone.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jets723 said:

But that’s different than saying a great running game can’t win.  Honestly KC should thank Shanahan for abandoning the run otherwise they lose 

Baltimore lost, tennesse lost, Sf lost.  All the great running teams lost because at the end of the day you meet a high powered offense and you have to score points.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Jets passed on the 17 class for the 18 class

Adams  had nothing to do with it

 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Safe to say Adams over Mahomes is right up with passing on Marino and Sapp at this point. Oh Jets, you never let me down. 

So you are saying Kelce,Hill,Watkins, and the KC oline have no effect?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mahomes wouldn’t do sh*t here with our non weapons and our sh*t o line

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Beerfish said:

Baltimore lost, tennesse lost, Sf lost.  All the great running teams lost because at the end of the day you meet a high powered offense and you have to score points.

To be honest the KC defense saves their ass along with dumb decisions by Shanahan 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jets723 said:

It’s gonna happen.  Keep the faith.  Let’s go Jets!!!

I'm know, but at least we used to have teams like The Eagles and Chiefs who went through the misery of the super bowl drought. Not any more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Larz said:

The Jets passed on the 17 class for the 18 class

Adams  had nothing to do with it

 

Again the fact that Jets fans hate their own players just means they get what they deserve. Chiefs fans dont hate on their own players and look at them now. Positive attitude and happiness in life is the way to true success

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kind of weird for Andy Reid to finally win a Super Bowl and use that platform to drag an animatronic Crypt Keeper doll around the field

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shanahan is going to be savaged for the next 6 months. 2 Super Bowl choke jobs will be is legacy until he wins it 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, T0mShane said:

Kind of weird for Andy Reid to finally win a Super Bowl and use that platform to drag an animatronic Crypt Keeper doll around the field

Isn’t she gross

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Excuse me pal but did Kyle Brady go to the pro bowl I don’t think so

Was it for Kyle Brady? Or Doug Jolley? Or was it that one draft where we drafted the white safety in the second round. The other guy was a defensive tackle from ******* Kentucky at #4 overall how does that happen. I’m speaking gibberish now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Ummmm... Did you not see Fuller at safety winning the game for the Chiefs with the pass break-up on 3rd down and then the INT to seal it?  I'd pay Adams 16M per based on that alone.

Agreed. The KC defense really won the game IMO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

The Jets passed on the Super Bowl-winning QB for a strong safety.

Wrong.  The Chiefs failed to trade up for a SS that would have closed this game out sooner.

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Sarge4Tide said:

Shanahan is going to be savaged for the next 6 months. 2 Super Bowl choke jobs will be is legacy until he wins it 

He choked for sure 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

The thing that makes it FAR worse is they did not feel they needed a QB because they took Hackenburg the year before.

McCagnan, worse Gm in the league over the last 25 years probably.

If only they didn't pass on Marino, or we still had a first round pick to take Favre, or Manning came out his junior year, or we didn't screw over Mumbles and he took off up north to our hated rivals, that sh*t makes it all sweeter when it comes together under Sammy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RutgersJetFan said:

Was it for Kyle Brady? Or Doug Jolley? Or was it that one draft where we drafted the white safety in the second round. The other guy was a defensive tackle from ******* Kentucky at #4 overall how does that happen. I’m speaking gibberish now. 

I forgot about the white safety 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, PS17 said:

The Jets will never make the super bowl.

And I accept that. That's why my expectations and expectations of others should be low. Expectations are earned not given. The Jets are not a functional enough organization to win a SUper Bowl. So logically how can one be disappointed about them not being successful when they are not set up for success.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Today he did.  For the vast majority of the game he was terrible.

results matter! Not effort. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...