***OFFICIAL SUPER BOWL LIV GAME THREAD***

15 minutes ago, Larz said:

The Jets passed on the 17 class for the 18 class

Adams  had nothing to do with it

On top of that, anyone that believes Mahomes would have developed the same way under Todd Bowles and his offensive coordinators, with our talent, is as dumb as a sack of rocks.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

7 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I don’t think you can make that claim yet until we see Sam with even a little bit of talent and coaching around him.

Sam is much better than most people think....

On the one hand, you have a league and Super Bowl MVP who's lost 8 games in his career, on the other hand, you have the 32nd QB in DYAR and 31st in DVOA who's never had a winning season and yet to play a full season, but yeah, lets say the jury's still out on this one.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Time for me to take some heat.

The superbowl itself is an awful awful trophy.

Not a cup like the stanley cup or the grey cup that have a lot more character and that you can drink out of.

Obviously the Stanley Cup is the best trophy in all of sports but I still think the Lombardi Trophy is nice. 

6 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

On the one hand, you have a league and Super Bowl MVP who's lost 8 games in his career, on the other hand, you have the 32nd QB in DYAR and 31st in DVOA who's never had a winning season and yet to play a full season, but yeah, lets say the jury's still out on this one.

Youngest league MVP, youngest Superbowl MVP

#NoMono

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

It’s actually insane that Mahomes is pretty much already a hall of famer. Let’s appreciate this guy for however long he’s playing. 

He is basically a Hall of Famer - Already.  Now we need Sam Darnold to make his move and become a force. Im happy for the Chiefs and all but its time for Jet fans to be happy with their own team.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

6 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

So you’re saying the Jury isn’t out?

That Sam is done...that he can’t be “near” as good as Mahomes?

put up all the stats you want...I watch the game and what I see in Sam is a QB with immense talent that has close to no support between the talent on his team and the coaching staff.

And Sam can, without question, be “near” as good to Mahomes.

If you don’t see it it’s fine, but no need for the snarky sarcasm.

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

So you’re saying the Jury isn’t out?

That Sam is done...that he can’t be “near” as good as Mahomes?

put up all the stats you want...I watch the game and what I see in Sam is a QB with immense talent that has close to no support between the talent on his team and the coaching staff.

And Sam can, without question, be “near” as good to Mahomes.

If you don’t see it it’s fine, but no need for the snarky sarcasm.

I see a QB with bad footwork and poor decision making. I don't think the ceiling is all that high with Darnold. He can be a successful starter with complementary pieces around him but he's not a MVP caliber QB. 

• Thumb Down 2