***OFFICIAL SUPER BOWL LIV GAME THREAD***

6 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Exactly.  I give KC tremendous credit.  They built around their you g QB perfectly.

What's weird is a lot of the people that say the biggest difference between Darnold and Mahommes is supporting talent and coaching  are the same guys that think we should make JA the highest paid  safety in league history rather than move for assets on O

I don't understand holding both of those opinions in one head at the same time, particularly in a the best QB in football just won the SB thread

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I understand, and maybe they'll come around by July, but the 2019 couldn't have gone any better and things look very bright for 2020.  I feel good.  We need everyone else to get onboard.

SAR I

Onboard of what? We all hope and pray for the best results for the NY Jest no fan on this board needs to get onboard of anything we are here and have been onboard. 

joewilly12

3 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

I just think we should have some hope.  Things are gonna get better.  I honestly believe that.  Look at the 49ers and their quick turnaround.  We just need one good offseason.  I understand frustration but after a while all the negativity is too much

The only way things get better is if Joe Douglas drafts well.  Everything else is just noise.  

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

I understand, and maybe they'll come around by July, but the 2019 couldn't have gone any better and things look very bright for 2020.  I feel good.  We need everyone else to get onboard.

SAR I

Agreed.  I’m not saying we should ignore criticism of our team but things aren’t doom and gloom.  It’s unfortunate this year we were decimated by injuries because it could have been a much different year but it’s just how it went.  Like I mentioned in another post if Douglas has a good offseason things will get really good really fast 

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

1.  Mahomes

2.  Watson

3.  McCaffrey

4.  Kamara

5.  Kittle

6.  Juju Smith-Schuster

7.  Tre'Davious White

8.  TJ Watt

9.  OT Ryan Ramcyzk  

10.  Eddie Jackson

11.  Dalvin Cook

12.  Jamal Adams

nope.

3 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

I just think we should have some hope.  Things are gonna get better.  I honestly believe that.  Look at the 49ers and their quick turnaround.  We just need one good offseason.  I understand frustration but after a while all the negativity is too much

Hello this is Jetnation have we met

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

The SOJF is programmed to be negative.  We need to help them see the light.

SAR I

2 minutes ago, CTM said:

What's weird is a lot of the people that say the biggest difference between Darnold and Mahommes is supporting talent and coaching  are the same guys that think we should make JA the highest paid  safety in league history rather than move for assets on O

I don't understand holding both of those opinions in one head at the same time, particularly in a the best QB in football just won the SB thread

They think Douglas should be able to bring in 3-4 new starting OL and 1-2 new starting WRs without trading Jamal.  

They also still operate under the delusion that quality free agent OL and WRs break loose AND want to come here.  AND that we still have the most cap space (we don't, thanks to CJ Mosley).  

2 minutes ago, CTM said:

Personally I’m not a fan of Adams.  I don’t want to give him a monster contract.  My only issue is accepting a subpar trade package.  Im fine trading him But I want a lot back 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

They think Douglas should be able to bring in 3-4 new starting OL and 1-2 new starting WRs without trading Jamal.  

They also still operate under the delusion that quality free agent OL and WRs break loose AND want to come here.  AND that we have the most cap space (we don't, thanks to CJ Mosley).  

Many delusions being operated under 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He's actually 24-7 in the regular season for his career.  1 of those losses he was hurt.  

28-8 if you include the postseason.  

#Mediocre

Patrick Mahomes isn't mediocre; the Chiefs are.  So are all the other teams in the AFC.  The gap between the Jets and the playoff teams is razor-thin.

Chin up, sad sack.

SAR I

15 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

So where would he go?  50 TD down to.....35 TD?  That still would have led the league that year.  

When you throw 15 TD more than any other QB in the league, you're special.  When you have back-to-back 12-4 seasons as a QB, you're special.  When you perform like you did in the 2019 postseason leading up to the Super Bowl, then lead a comeback win over the # 1 defense, you're special.  

Today is the wrong day to be questioning whether he's an elite QB in any circumstance.  

Considering how raw he was coming out of college and the fact that he would have likely been starting from day one with our horrendous roster?  Probably wouldn't have hit 35 either.

I'm not denying that he isn't elite or special.  I said that in my reply to another poster.  I'm saying that the kid was an elite physical specimen that was put into such an ideal situation that it was not shocking that he developed into what he is today.  The Mahomes you see today doesn't even remotely resemble the kid from TT.  That kid had atrocious footwork, mechanics, had never had to go through progressions or reads, and had never taken a snap from under center.  Andy Reid took on a Josh Allen/Cam Newton-like like project (elite measurables and raw tools) and molded him to a QB that is fantastic in every regard.  That doesn't happen on an unstable team with terrible talent.  Period.

• Upvote 3

17 minutes ago, CTM said:

He would. Top 10 almost certainly

What he probably wouldnt be is by far the best QB in football over the past 2 seasons 

Maybe.  I don't think he would be here, Cleveland, or Chicago i.e. teams that should have taken him in hindsight, but maybe in Houston, seeing as B.O.B developed Watson pretty well despite his flaws in other areas as a HC.

2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Maybe.  I don't think he would be here, Cleveland, or Chicago i.e. teams that should have taken him in hindsight, but maybe in Houston, seeing as B.O.B developed Watson pretty well despite his flaws in other areas as a HC.

Baker had one of the better rookie qb seasons I van remember and then spent the offseason making commercials and reading his own press

Darnold had had several runs of top 1/3 QB play, just not sustained

Mahommes is way more talented than both of them and way more down to earth than baker. He was going to be good anywhere.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Safe to say Adams over Mahomes is right up with passing on Marino and Sapp at this point. Oh Jets, you never let me down. 

That's just absurd.  I never heard anybody- ANYBODY - saying draft Mahomes in that draft. The Chiefs shocked the NFL by moving up to get him where they did.  this is almost like saying the Jets screwed up by not drafting Joe Montana in 1979.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

That's just absurd.  I never heard anybody- ANYBODY - saying draft Mahomes in that draft. The Chiefs shocked the NFL by moving up to get him where they did.  this is almost like saying the Jets screwed up by not drafting Joe Montana in 1979.

Oh well if YOU never heard anybody.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

For once I'd like for our GM to outsmart the other NFL GMs.  

Watson would have been a far better pick than Adams.  We'd also still have those three 2nd rounders back.  No matter how you splice it, the pick was a bad one.  

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The Jets haven't made the playoffs since 2010.  

And the Jets would have made the playoffs this year if Darnold didn't have mono and we had a kicker. 

So quit your b-tching and get onboard the happy train.  We just need WR's and a hot Darnold.  Take Jackson off Baltimore and Mahomes off Kansas City and they're the Jets in purple and red uniforms.  It's about the QB and the WR's.  A draft or two.  We good.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

For once I'd like for our GM to outsmart the other NFL GMs.  

Watson would have been a far better pick than Adams.  We'd also still have those three 2nd rounders back.  No matter how you splice it, the pick was a bad one.  

I didnt know either but in such a case generally would defer to Qbase who had Mahommes rated #1

They really wiffed on Watson though do far 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, CTM said:

I didnt know either but in such a case generally would refer to Qbase who had Mahommes rated #1

They really wiffed on Watson though do far 

QBase has since acknowledged they placed too much weight on the talent Watson had surrounding him at Clemson.

Once again the WEPPPINZZZ argument mostly falls flat.  You can have a lot of talent around you AND still be a very good QB.  Imagine that!

5 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Were you on this board during that draft

LOTS of these guys were saying to draft him 

not me, I didn’t believe in drafting tech qbs

47 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Critical sequence; roughly 1:30 left, 3 timeouts right before half,decent field position,  Niners pull in the horns, even calling a running play. Simply not winning football. 

Disgustingly conservative. I was shocked.