Mahomes > Brady

Blackout

c'mon.  when mahomes does this a few more times then we can talk.  he's a really good qb and basically won the game because his oline wasn't blocking very well at times.  i will admit the early patsie teams that brady had were better than the chiefs team mahomes had to play with.  maybe not at te and wr but the other positions weren't as good.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 2

3 minutes ago, rangerous said:

c'mon.  when mahomes does this a few more times then we can talk.  he's a really good qb and basically won the game because his oline wasn't blocking very well at times.  i will admit the early patsie teams that brady had were better than the chiefs team mahomes had to play with.  maybe not at te and wr but the other positions weren't as good.

lol what Brady won his first ring with a team so terrible even Belichick was overheard after the game, "Can you believe we won, with this @#%*ing team?!?"

• Upvote 1

the first team got lucky with the stupid tuck rule but the teams after that one were pretty solid.

"Got lucky." They had to get to the SB to win the SB, you know.

How about when they won their second ring two years later they had.... zero pro-bowlers or all-pros on offense.

I was not impressed with either QB yesterday.

Neither was dropping dimes by any measurement.

JG stunk it up in my opinion and looked like a total choker in crunch time.

Mahommes showed way more composure esp when it counted most but cmon man

2 ints and a fumble?

The few long passes he completed had hang time like punts for christ sakes and I was amazed they werent intercepted.

Arm talent wise I would take Russell Wilson or Aaron Rodgers over either of these guys.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

25 minutes ago, jgb said:

"Got lucky." They had to get to the SB to win the SB, you know.

How about when they won their second ring two years later they had.... zero pro-bowlers or all-pros on offense.

and????  the number of pro bowlers on a team is nice but that also doesn't mean a whole lot when it comes to how the overall team plays.

and yes, they did get lucky with that stupid tuck play.

and????  the number of pro bowlers on a team is nice but that also doesn't mean a whole lot when it comes to how the overall team plays.

and yes, they did get lucky with that stupid tuck play.

So then basically facts mean nothing but your feelings are everything. Enjoy your day.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

LOL. Just LOL. Call him a cheat and maybe he is but the stats don't lie. Maybe someday Mahomes will surpass Brady. But even getting close will be a miracle with what Brady has accomplished. Brady has more career passing attempts than Mahomes has passing yards. The comparison, at this point, is laughable. 

Tom Brady   

Career NFL statistics as of Week 17, 2019
Passing attempts: 9,988
Passing completions: 6,377
Completion percentage: 63.8
TDINT: 541–179
Passing yards: 74,571
Passer rating: 97.0
Rushing yards: 1,037
Rushing touchdowns: 22

Mahomes

Career NFL statistics as of Week 17, 2019
TDINT: 76–18
Passing yards: 9,412
Completion percentage: 65.9
Passer rating: 108.9
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, jgb said:

So then basically facts mean nothing but your feelings are everything. Enjoy your day.

ou know what, even if you think a team needs a whole boatload of all pros to win a superbowl you'd be wrong.  your very statement about the patsie teams not having any pro bowlers bear this out.  you seem to forget it's still a team game and it doesn't matter who the qb is if there's no one to throw to.  but whatever.  keep trolling.

13 minutes ago, rangerous said:

ou know what, even if you think a team needs a whole boatload of all pros to win a superbowl you'd be wrong.  your very statement about the patsie teams not having any pro bowlers bear this out.  you seem to forget it's still a team game and it doesn't matter who the qb is if there's no one to throw to.  but whatever.  keep trolling.

Definition of "troll" on JN: "someone who uses facts to challenge my position."

Lazily throwing out an epithet won't help you weasel away from your unsupported argument, nor will it elicit the hoped-for reaction from me.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, jgb said:

Definition of "troll" on JN: "someone who uses facts to challenge my position."

Lazily throwing out an epithet won't help you weasel away from your unsupported argument, nor will it elicit the hoped-for reaction from me.

troll is an epithet?  are you friggin kidding?  i will tell you i can speak french better than just around anyone.  as for your comment about not having facts, just because you can't seem to extricate your argument about the patsie talent is your problem not mine.  please go troll someone else.

i stand by my contention that brady's early SB teams had more talent with the exception of hill and kelce than mahomes current kc team.

• WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, rangerous said:

troll is an epithet?  are you friggin kidding?  i will tell you i can speak french better than just around anyone.  as for your comment about not having facts, just because you can't seem to extricate your argument about the patsie talent is your problem not mine.  please go troll someone else.

i stand by my contention that brady's early SB teams had more talent with the exception of hill and kelce than mahomes current kc team.

I hope you like coconuts because you're on a deserted island with the opinion that the 2001 Pats (who went 5-11 the year before) were a more talented team than the 2019 Chiefs. Your attempt to exclude Hill and Kelce is better than any argument that I could ever come up with to prove my point. Thank you for that but I can't resist continuing to press my advantage here.

Even Bill Belichick himself agrees with me (and everyone else):

"According to David Halberstam’s The Education of a Coach, Belichick reacted to the 2001 upset of the Rams by crowing, 'Can you believe we won the Super Bowl with this?!'”

https://slate.com/culture/2008/09/tom-brady-s-knee-injury-gives-bill-belichick-the-chance-to-prove-his-genius.html

Fox Sports in 2017 ranked the 2001 Pats as the 3rd worst ever team to play in (not to mention win) a SB:

https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/gallery/worst-super-bowl-teams-ever-giants-patriots-cardinals-point-differential-020317

USA Today had them #47 out of #49 best teams to win a SB in a 2016 article:

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/01/best-super-bowl-team-winner-ranking-best-nfl-team-ever-super-bowl-50-redskins-49ers-cowboys-packers-patriots

In the only rating I could find that includes this SB, Athlon Sports has the 2001 Pats as the #48 out of 54 best SB champions (2019 Chiefs are #30):

https://athlonsports.com/nfl/ranking-every-super-bowl-champion

I could go on and on. Start Googling killer pina colada recipes.

2 hours ago, jgb said:

Sam Darnold is obvioulsy the WonderBread of breads, better than all other breads despite the nuritional facts,

Image result for wonder bread mascot

you're just such a troll that you cannot see it. admit that you hate the Jets and Sam Darnold Marlboro Man Ancenstry whole heartedly

Image result for marlboro man, darnold

because you are a communist russian hacker who hates the USA and probably has a bunker where you can live out a nuckular hollowcost. 

In the name of the god the father and the holy wonderbread toast I damn thee and cast thee out!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

The sad thing about the Brady worship is that it hasn't even started.  Quarterback comparisons always gets WORSE when the nostalgia kicks in.  Because time distorts memory and the actual deeds become greater in scope.  So maybe this will be the only time Mahomes WILL have a chance to be better than Brady.  Because once Tom Sh*thead retires then he becomes a living god.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, pdxgreen said:

The say thing about the Brady worship is that it hasn't even started.  Quarterback comparisons always gets WORSE when the nostalgia kicks in.  Because time distorts memory and the actual deeds become greater in scope.  So maybe this will be the only time Mahomes WILL have a chance to be better than Brady.  Because once Tom Sh*thead retires then he becomes a living god.

This is 100% true.

UNLESS...

Mahomes keeps winning SBs, MVPs and breaking records. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, pdxgreen said:

The say thing about the Brady worship is that it hasn't even started.  Quarterback comparisons always gets WORSE when the nostalgia kicks in.  Because time distorts memory and the actual deeds become greater in scope.  So maybe this will be the only time Mahomes WILL have a chance to be better than Brady.  Because once Tom Sh*thead retires then he becomes a living god.

Say a prayer for Eli Manning tonight because had the Pats won that game it would be a million times worse. You think Mercury Morris' annual gloat-fest is annoying? He's 73. Tom Brady is the healthiest human on Earth. He will likely live to give interviews to 120.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, jgb said:

Say a prayer for Eli Manning tonight because had the Pats won that game it would be a million times worse. You think Mercury Morris' annual gloat-fest is annoying? He's 73. Tom Brady is the healthiest human on Earth. He will likely live to give interviews to 120.

Ugh.

• Haha 2