No lead is too big to overcome when you’re facing a Kyle Shanahan offense.

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

My guess is there might not be a “next time”

For him. He caught some breaks to get to 2 SBs in the first place.

The one thing he has going for them is that his team seems more sustainable than most. Jimmy G already has his big contract and it's the pass rushers that are on cheap deals. It wouldn't shock me to see them in another SB over the next 2-3 years. 

I'm just gonna say it. If Adam Gase coached a game like that you Gase haters would be filling this site with thread after thread killing him. And you all know it. 

Also the fans poo pooing missing on Bosa? Wow the Jets could use a pass rusher like him! 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Jetster said:

I'm just gonna say it. If Adam Gase coached a game like that you Gase haters would be filling this site with thread after thread killing him. And you all know it. 

Also the fans poo pooing missing on Bosa? Wow the Jets could use a pass rusher like him! 

Adam Gase will never have the chance to lose a SB as HC.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Oh, we’d kill him. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, jgb said:

Adam Gase will never have the chance to lose a SB as HC.

You can't predict the future. Amazing what happens when teams gather up a lot of talent. Here's an idea, why don't you let Joe Douglas have his chance of ressurecting the Jets? This might be the 1st time we've had a guy with a clue that has worked with our head coach in the past, another 1st for this organization. We're finally starting out with a new Coach & GM with a young 22 year old QB in place too. Mahomes is 24, let's see where these Jets are when Sam turns 24. I'm optimistic that Sam Darnold will elevate his game each year with the additions of better Olineman & skill players around him. 

31 minutes ago, Jetster said:

You can't predict the future. Amazing what happens when teams gather up a lot of talent. Here's an idea, why don't you let Joe Douglas have his chance of ressurecting the Jets? This might be the 1st time we've had a guy with a clue that has worked with our head coach in the past, another 1st for this organization. We're finally starting out with a new Coach & GM with a young 22 year old QB in place too. Mahomes is 24, let's see where these Jets are when Sam turns 24. I'm optimistic that Sam Darnold will elevate his game each year with the additions of better Olineman & skill players around him. 

Everything after you telling me I can't predict the future is a prediction.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

Yes we would. Rightfully so. But that is never going to happen 

• Upvote 1

my observations.  sf had the game won when they were up by 10 after the 2nd mahomes int.  their run game was good all game and they went away from it.  a couple of first downs would have run the clock way down. it looked to me that garapollo got pretty rattled when he was hit a couple of times while passing.  it just goes to show how passing stats can be so misleading.  he had that 127 rating in the third but then stunk up the 4th when it counted.  mahommes got hot at the right time.  he started hitting his passes and his playmakers responded.

good for the chiefs to get this win.  they made the plays when they counted.

5 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

My guess is there might not be a “next time”

For him. He caught some breaks to get to 2 SBs in the first place.

What breaks did he catch this year? 

But either way, Jimmy G IMO seems like a limited QB. Everything has to go right for him to win. Or maybe i'm saying that because in contrast to Mahommes on the other side he looks like a rookie.

• Upvote 1

The biggest problem I had with the Niners, like the Titans was too much run on their playoff runs. When you ground and pound your way through the playoffs the QB is not going to be as sharp as they could be. Eventually you will need to pass the ball at some point. What's going to happen when you have to? 

8 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

At some point the players need to make plays.  I thought he called a good game.  The QB needs to make a throw when it matters, he didn’t.  

you really can't get a much better all around team than the 49ers right now.  and it's a harsh reality when your game manager can't make a few throws to ice a game they were up by 10 in the 4th quarter.

So you think Bosa didn’t play well in this game?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

34 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

At some point the players need to make plays.  I thought he called a good game.  The QB needs to make a throw when it matters, he didn’t.  

Yes. Mahomes underthrows Hill on that 3rd and 15 and starts the KC comeback. Jimmy G overthrows Sanders by two yards and its an incompletion

45 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

But either way, Jimmy G IMO seems like a limited QB. Everything has to go right for him to win. Or maybe i'm saying that because in contrast to Mahommes on the other side he looks like a rookie.

Jimmy G is way overpaid.  He's better than a "game manager" but he's not a "difference maker" (which is what he's being paid like).  

Untimely penalties killed them too.  After that 2nd Int they went

1st down: Run +6

2nd down: Pass +12

1st down: Run +1

2nd down: Inc. Pass

3rd down: False Start penalty

3rd and 14: Attempted pass Jimmy G scramble for 3 yards

Can't fault them for passing on that 3rd and 14, so really the two critical plays on that drive were electing to pass on 2nd 9 with 9:52 left in the game and the false start.

When they got the ball back at 20-17 with 6 minutes left they went Run +5, Inc. Pass, Inc. Pass.

That drive was the killer.  Need run the ball there and kill KC's momentum.  

They averaged 6.4 yards per carry.

Coleman was beasting early then they just took him out of the run game.  He was still playing but they weren't using him.  No reports of an injury or aggravation of the shoulder - they just decided not to use him.

19 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Jimmy G is way overpaid.  He's better than a "game manager" but he's not a "difference maker" (which is what he's being paid like).  

You can be right about him not being a difference maker but I disagree that he is overpaid. This is what competent QBs cost if you fail to draft one. 

Tannehill will be massively underpaid next year and will lead another team to the playoffs.

1 hour ago, Samtorobby47 said:

The Seahawks were less than a yard away from stealing the division and homefield away from SF.  Think they're in the SB as the 5-seed?