So it’s official

Lupz27

2 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

As long as you bring along Sammy Watkins, Tyreke Hill, Travis Kelce, and Damian Willimas plus that OL, yeah, sure. 

It’s amazing how much talent they have on offense.  I mean when Sammy  Watkins is like your 4th option It’s kind of hard to screw up lol 

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1

6 hours ago, SAR I said:

Mahomes
Darnold
Watson
Jackson
Allen

Those are your Top 5 AFC quarterbacks.  Ours is only 22 and already has 2 full NFL seasons under his belt.  I like our chances.  Second-best QB in the AFC?  The Jets?  I'll take that in a heartbeat.

SAR I

Darnold wouldn't be top 10.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

As long as you bring along Sammy Watkins, Tyreke Hill, Travis Kelce, and Damian Willimas plus that OL, yeah, sure. 

6 hours ago, Jets723 said:

It’s amazing how much talent they have on offense.  I mean when Sammy  Watkins is like your 4th option It’s kind of hard to screw up lol 

50 minutes ago, Anthony Jet said:

Mahomes best qb in the league. That being said you be lucky to have him look like he did the 1st 2.5 quarters behind the jets o line 

Good weapons and line definitely help but why don't we ever hear the flip side? What would these weapons look like on the Browns or Bengals?

Good QBs elevate weaponz. Weaponz bring out the best in good QBs. They are symbiotic, although I still think the QB has more influence on the weapons than the other way around.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

37 minutes ago, jgb said:

Good weapons and line definitely help but why don't we ever hear the flip side? What would these weapons look like on the Browns or Bengals?

Good QBs elevate weaponz. Weaponz bring out the best in good QBs. They are symbiotic, although I still think the QB has more influence on the weapons than the other way around.

The key is having time to throw to the weaponz and weaponz that get open when thimgs break down as you saw Watkins did. We also saw some bad oasses from Mahomes when things got dicey which would be a lot more the norm behind this line. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

7 hours ago, SAR I said:

Mahomes
Darnold
Watson
Jackson
Allen

Those are your Top 5 AFC quarterbacks.  Ours is only 22 and already has 2 full NFL seasons under his belt.  I like our chances.  Second-best QB in the AFC?  The Jets?  I'll take that in a heartbeat.

SAR I

Darnold is far from being second best QB in the league at this time .

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, jgb said:

I don’t disagree. They have equal parts. Although I think good weapons and scheme might mask a average QB a lil better than a good qb can mask bad weapons or a scheme. But it’s almost impossible to mask a bad o line and Mahomes just like Brady and many before him, was missing throws when he was being constantly pressured. It’s impossible for any qb to succeed under constant pressure. 

14 minutes ago, Anthony Jet said:

I don’t disagree. They have equal parts. Although I think good weapons and scheme might mask a average QB a lil better than a good qb can mask bad weapons or a scheme. But it’s almost impossible to mask a bad o line and Mahomes just like Brady and many before him, was missing throws when he was being constantly pressured. It’s impossible for any qb to succeed under constant pressure. 

Any disagreements I have amount to quibbles. Need a complete team to be consistently competitive.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, SAR I said:

Mahomes
Darnold
Watson
Jackson
Allen

SAR I

At first I was like no way, there has to be a lot more better.

but there really isnt

if I was picking it would go

mahomes

darnold

(Burrow)

Mayfield

Watson

Allen

Jackson

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Obrien2Toon said:

At first I was like no way, there has to be a lot more better.

but there really isnt

if I was picking it would go

mahomes

darnold

(Burrow)

Mayfield

Watson

Allen

Jackson

I know, right?

The NFC has some really good QB's.  But the AFC without Luck, Brady, Roethlisberger, and Rivers is a whole different ballgame.  Jackson (fraud), Allen (fraud), Watson (mediocre), and Mahomes (epic).  I'll take Darnold as the #2 QB in the conference thankyouverymuch.  Don't like that ranking?  That's cool.  I'll take Darnold as Top 5 in the AFC.  You kidding?  At age 22?  I just jizzed myself.

SAR I

• Haha 1

I think the ranking is who you would pick in a total redraft of the league, not who is the best right now.  Rodgers is better than Darnold but he's much older (36) and has had some injuries so maybe he's got 5 years left while Darnold probably has closer to 15.  I think you could make a strong argument that you'd take Wilson #2 right behind Mahomes.  He's 31 and not much injury issue, so he could have 10 years left and he's still a stud.

Of the young guys, I think it's legit to put Darnold 2nd behind Mahomes (far behind but still) but I could argue for Watson or Jackson so I'd call it a 3-horse race there.  But no question in my mind Darnold shows more potential than Allen, Mayfly or pretty much any of the younger guys in the AFC. 

Over the NFC, Jimmy G looked good at time but overall, he reminds me of Tannehill.  Can pass a little, can run a little, pretty accurate when he has protection, but not really great at anything.  Trubisky has been exposed to everyone but the Bears' front office.  Cam is too injured.  Winston is Winston.  I'm not nearly sold on Daniel Jones but he does show potential to be pretty good but more likely another Tannehill type.  Prescott is another one.  Has good stretches but I think he needs everything around him to be perfect to succeed.  He can't carry that team.  Murray showed something.  He might turn out to be pretty good, but I just can't get excited about NFL QBs who are shorter than Doug Flutie.

The one guy I would like to see more of is Teddy Bridgewater.  He played well subbing for Brees but for some reason, the Saints don't seem to want him to be the next 'guy' there.  Hopefully someone else in the NFC gives him a chance.  Hell, I'd love for him to come back and be our #2 if he's not going to start anywhere.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

Mahomes (whom I wanted) would look something like this based on how he plays.....

Image result for gif of a man in a body cast

:) 

Lol probably true although at least some of this is a defensive mechanism for whiffing on the best QB to come into the league in almost 10 years.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, SAR I said:

Mahomes
Darnold
Watson
Jackson
Allen

SAR I

Of the young guys, I think it's legit to put Darnold 2nd behind Mahomes (far behind but still) but I could argue for Watson or Jackson so I'd call it a 3-horse race there.  But no question in my mind Darnold shows more potential than Allen, Mayfly or pretty much any of the younger guys in the AFC. 

I wish I had the drugs you're all apparently using.

On the bright side, the "2nd best QB in the AFC" should be good enough to win 10 games in 2020 no matter what Douglas does.

So at least there is that.

The way things look, 6 teams besides the Jets are going to have another 15 years to look back and wonder what their GMs were thinking.

CLE passed on him needing a QB.

CHI TRADED UP to take Trubisky.

49ers knew they were moving on from Kaep and didn't have Jimmy G yet.

JAX took a RB.

TEN still had googly eyes for Mariota.

CIN thought Dalton was good enough.

I'll give CAR and LAC a pass but clearly every single one of these teams would gladly go back in time and change their pick.  Every...single...one.

6 minutes ago, nycdan said:

The way things look, 6 teams besides the Jets are going to have another 15 years to look back and wonder what their GMs were thinking.

CLE passed on him needing a QB.

CHI TRADED UP to take Trubisky.

49ers knew they were moving on from Kaep and didn't have Jimmy G yet.

JAX took a RB.

TEN still had googly eyes for Mariota.

CIN thought Dalton was good enough.

I'll give CAR and LAC a pass but clearly every single one of these teams would gladly go back in time and change their pick.  Every...single...one.

While some of these GMs were not very good (and are out of jobs), it's not as simple as these teams all were run by idiots/screwed the pooch.

The draft is notoriously a crapshoot. Which is why I am rarely for trading known contributors for picks and almost always in favor of trading picks for known contributors. However, a prerequisite to being a GM is having confidence in your ability to "win" in the draft. Thus, GMs greatly overvalue picks. A smart GM, knowing this, should be able to win the draft by making hardly any picks at all.

9 hours ago, SAR I said:

Mahomes
Darnold
Watson
Jackson
Allen

SAR I

What you're saying here is not as crazy as it might sound.  Below are the AFC QBs (I'm putting Brady back on the Pats and Burrow on the Bengals).  The bolded ones are the only ones that fans of other teams would clearly vote over Sam.  And considering that TB12 and Big Ben are near the end of their careers, it really only puts Mahomes, Lamar Jackson and Deshaun Watson ahead for the long-term.  And to be honest, I wouldn't trade Sam for either LJ or DW.  

Pats: Tom Brady
Bills: Josh Allen
Dolphins ?

Ravens: Lamar Jackson
Steelers: Big Ben
Browns: Mayfield
Bengals: Burrow

Texans: Deshaun Watson
Titans: ?
Colts: Brissett
Jags: Minshew/Foles

Chiefs: Pat Mahomes
Broncos: ?
Raiders: Carr
Chargers: ?

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

What you're saying here is not as crazy as it might sound.  Below are the AFC QBs (I'm putting Brady back on the Pats and Burrow on the Bengals).  The bolded ones are the only ones that fans of other teams would clearly vote over Sam.  And considering that TB12 and Big Ben are near the end of their careers, it really only puts Mahomes, Lamar Jackson and Deshaun Watson ahead for the long-term.  And to be honest, I wouldn't trade Sam for either LJ or DW.  

Pats: Tom Brady
Bills: Josh Allen
Dolphins ?

Ravens: Lamar Jackson
Steelers: Big Ben
Browns: Mayfield
Bengals: Burrow

Texans: Deshaun Watson
Titans: ?
Colts: Brissett
Jags: Minshew/Foles

Chiefs: Pat Mahomes
Broncos: ?
Raiders: Carr
Chargers: ?

Don't sleep (again) on Tannehill.

47 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I know, right?

The NFC has some really good QB's.  But the AFC without Luck, Brady, Roethlisberger, and Rivers is a whole different ballgame.  Jackson (fraud), Allen (fraud), Watson (mediocre), and Mahomes (epic).  I'll take Darnold as the #2 QB in the conference thankyouverymuch.  Don't like that ranking?  That's cool.  I'll take Darnold as Top 5 in the AFC.  You kidding?  At age 22?  I just jizzed myself.

SAR I

200.gif

@SAR I is showing his brass balls.

The thing about Sam that is rare is that he won't need a great OLine and overall team around him to succeed.  He needs more than he has now, but he looks like the kind of guy who will win games he shouldn't because he'll scramble and make that insane play.  Brett Favre is my closest comp.  What we saw last night is the good team with the great QB beat the great team with the good QB.  I'm not sure Darnold is going to be a great QB but I see signs he has a good chance.  Tannehill is at best a good QB and then only in the right situation.  For me, no contest.

2 minutes ago, nycdan said:

The thing about Sam that is rare is that he won't need a great OLine and overall team around him to succeed.  He needs more than he has now, but he looks like the kind of guy who will win games he shouldn't because he'll scramble and make that insane play.  Brett Favre is my closest comp.

You left out how dreamy you think Sam looks when he smiles.

12 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I wouldn't trade Sam for Tannehill.  Also, Tannehill is a UFA.  No guarantee they bring him back.

I also wouldn't based on age alone but I thought the point was best QBs in the AFC. If I had to win one game today I'd take Tannehill over Darnold.

5 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Tannehill is at best a good QB and then only in the right situation.  For me, no contest.

You can give up the dream of having Lauren slide into your DMs with nudes.