This is a new year - THIS IS THE JETS YEAR

Maxman

6 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Sam Darnold. A new offensive line. A year to figure out how to actually get production out of Bell.

People were like Mahomes is under pressure tonight. The plays that he were pressured are plays that Sam calls having a lot of time.

Fix this offensive line and the sky is the limit.

Agree 100 percent. Oline is so essential for ANY QB.  That’s why I have so much faith in Sam. Despite constant pressure by bathe opposing offense he has still shown he can make plays.  Does he have some things to fix? Absolutely but getting him an actual oline will help tremendously

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

39 minutes ago, Maxman said:

People will laugh but this needs to be said: The Jets are going to be good next season. Really good. People are going to say I say this every year. Then I will call them on it and tell them to look for old posts, and there will be none. Here is what I am saying about the Jets next season:

• The will win the AFC East
  • They will play a home playoff game
  • They will win a home playoff game

I have higher hopes than that but there are too many unknowns to commit to more than that at this point in time.

The path forward is clear:

• Keep the defense intact; get CJ Mosely healthy and improve the CB position = TOP 10 defense
  • Fix the offensive line

AFC East division winners next season. Sam is legit. There is no reason for all the doom and gloom. The past run has sucked but that is over.

Let's go Jets. A new season is here.

source.gif

• Haha 2

51 minutes ago, Maxman said:

People will laugh but this needs to be said: The Jets are going to be good next season. Really good. People are going to say I say this every year. Then I will call them on it and tell them to look for old posts, and there will be none. Here is what I am saying about the Jets next season:

I have higher hopes than that but there are too many unknowns to commit to more than that at this point in time.

• Keep the defense intact; get CJ Mosely healthy and improve the CB position = TOP 10 defense
  • Fix the offensive line

AFC East division winners next season. Sam is legit. There is no reason for all the doom and gloom. The past run has sucked but that is over.

Yes. Preach it.

Ban all SOJF’s.

How much shall I pay you?

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1

2 hours ago, talisaynon said:

31st in offense from a so called offensive genius coach. Why are jets fans always so myopic when it comes to these things?

That’s last year brother we just gotta hope it gets better and get behind Gase because whether ya like it or not he’s not going anywhere!

14 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Pay me $1000 today or I pay Max $5000 tomorrow. 

For your convenience, I accept PayPal, Zelle, and Venmo. 

SAR I

13 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Pay me $2000 today or I pay Max $5000 tomorrow. 

For your convenience, I accept PayPal, Zelle, and Venmo. 

SAR I

Sorry @Jetsfan80, looks like I'm only half as hated as you!

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

6 hours ago, Maxman said:

• Fix the offensive line

We don’t just need a qb (got that), we need a honey badger 

2 hours ago, talisaynon said:

31st in offense from a so called offensive genius coach. Why are jets fans always so myopic when it comes to these things?

So last I checked he finished dead last at 32nd,  who made the correction?  Football Reference, ESPN, PPF STILL has the Jets offense dead last.

It is crazy when you think the Redskin with a rookie QB and nobody on offense, the Bengals who won only two games and very predictable one against the Jets, their offense were better. I seen some crazy shiiit in the NFL but an “offensive genius” getting out-offense by the entire league was brutal to watch.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

I just want the Adam Gase winning Super Bowl coach speech:

Gase: “I’m dedicating this one to the greatest fans in the world...”

Jim Nantz: “Yesss, you Jets fans!”

Gase: “No, no. Broncos fans, at home, who appreciate the fundamentals of an efficient play-action passing offense.”

6 minutes ago, DRJETS said:

So last I checked he finished dead last at 32nd,  who made the correction?  Football Reference, ESPN, PPF STILL has the Jets offense dead last.

It is crazy when you think the Redskin with a rookie QB and nobody on offense, the Bengals who won only two games and very predictable one against the Jets, their offense were better. I seen some crazy shiiit in the NFL but an “offensive genius” getting out-offense by the entire league was brutal to watch.

Either Sam stinks or Gase stinks. Can't be that both are good. 

I think Gase stinks.

• Upvote 2

It's the offensive line stupid. You can't get anything done without one. And you need playmakers. How open was Hill last night? That guy terrifies CBs, look at some of the quick feet moves Williams made to turn what would have been 3rd downs into 1st downs, then you A WIDE OPEN Sammy Watkins, then Kelsey. If you guys don't think having a loaded team hasn't helped Mahomes succeed I don't know what to tell you.

Sam going 6-2 with this band of losers was a miracle. He pretty much ran for his life on every snap. Fix the Oline & get some weapons. Imagine what Sam could do with Cooper, Jefferson, Anderson, Herndon, Griffin, Bell & a fast 3rd round RB, with a better Oline? Only then can you compare him to a Mahomes, right now it's Apples & Oranges. 

• Post of the Week 2

2 minutes ago, Jetster said:

It's the offensive line stupid. You can't get anything done without one. And you need playmakers. How open was Hill last night? That guy terrifies CBs, look at some of the quick feet moves Williams made to turn what would have been 3rd downs into 1st downs, then you A WIDE OPEN Sammy Watkins, then Kelsey. If you guys don't think having a loaded team hasn't helped Mahomes succeed I don't know what to tell you.

Sam going 6-2 with this band of losers was a miracle. He pretty much ran for his life on every snap. Fix the Oline & get some weapons. Imagine what Sam could do with Cooper, Jefferson, Anderson, Herndon, Griffin, Bell & a fast 3rd round RB, with a better Oline? Only then can you compare him to a Mahomes, right now it's Apples & Oranges. 

Why not go all the way and eliminate those 2 losses as well in your cherry-picked "statistic."

"Sam Darnold wins every game he doesn't lose!"

6 hours ago, Maxman said:

Sam Darnold. A new offensive line. A year to figure out how to actually get production out of Bell.

People were like Mahomes is under pressure tonight. The plays that he were pressured are plays that Sam calls having a lot of time.

Fix this offensive line and the sky is the limit.

I want to believe this, but ....Gase.  Hope you are right.

Max. I admire your optimism but it is going to take a year possibly two to right this ship. Plus right now the Jets have an extremely difficult schedule ahead of them so I am hoping that you are right but can’t see it happening. 8-8 to me would be a great accomplishment for this team