This is a new year - THIS IS THE JETS YEAR

Maxman

The 49ers won 5, 2, 6 and 4 games in the preceding four years.  The year before, it was the Bears who came out of nowhere to win 12 games after four straight losing seasons.  Most years there is a team, maybe two, that no-one saw coming.  A good offseason should be cause for optimism.  

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

We have the worst coach in our division.

Or the best.

We simply don't know what Gase is like masterminding a strong offensive roster.  We know he made the playoffs in Miami.  We know he built a Super Bowl offense in Denver.  We know he handled this season with aplomb from a culture/locker standpoint and make fantastic seasonal-halftime adjustments with a crap roster to turn 1-7 into 6-2.  He's an incomplete.  But I like what I've seen so far.  Getting that pile of crap to six wins in eight tries?  That's impressive.

SAR I

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Or the best.

We simply don't know what Gase is like masterminding a strong offensive roster.  We know he made the playoffs in Miami.  We know he built a Super Bowl offense in Denver.  We know he handled this season with aplomb from a culture/locker standpoint and make fantastic seasonal-halftime adjustments with a crap roster to turn 1-7 into 6-2.  He's an incomplete.  But I like what I've seen so far.  Getting that pile of crap to six wins in eight tries?  That's impressive.

SAR I

Sorry but I'm not giving him credit for Denver's Superbowl offense.  Peyton most certainly didn't need Adam Gase.

You want to give him an incomplete for last season?  Fair enough.  I won't fault him too much for when Sam was out (though we did see HC's like Tomlin win with a 3rd string QB) and we did go 6-2 down the stretch.  However, that Bengals loss (when a win would've given us a sliver of hope for the postseason) was unforgivable.

5 hours ago, jgb said:

Excuses are universal but through it all, good players play good over significant, unadulterated sample sizes.

"Good players"?  What good players?  Someone took an RPG to Florham Park, blew the roster to pieces.

The August Jets and the November Jets were completely different things.  More like "mediocre backups played like actual starters" as we surprisingly won 6 of our last 8 games.

SAR I

5 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

Jets wet will go 13-3 next season and earn one of the top 2 seeds. They'll host two home games in the playoffs, then it's a trip to Tampa Bay for Super Bowl LV.

I hope not.  I don't want to spend $30,000 for Super Bowl tickets in Tampa Bay.

SAR I

1 hour ago, CSNY said:

SAR as with Max I hope you are correct but to go 5-1 in the division and going west and beating Rams is a tall order. 12-4 would be great but I think a competitive 8-8 is more realistic 

10-6 and a split with the Patriots will win the division.  12 of the games are winnable, that's the important thing.

SAR I

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

"Good players"?  What good players?  Someone took an RPG to Florham Park, blew the roster to pieces.

The August Jets and the November Jets were completely different things.  More like "mediocre backups played like actual starters" as we surprisingly won 6 of our last 8 games.

SAR I

I really do admire your uncompromising optimism. So predict it now--granted information is very low about next year--record next year? To avoid all uncertainty, consider everything: possible injuries, depth, FA, draft, coaching, everything. This isn't a trap. Genuinely interested in an optimists view this early in the off season. And I don't play "doctor" without showing mine so today I predict 6 wins.

15 hours ago, Maxman said:

People will laugh but this needs to be said: The Jets are going to be good next season. Really good. People are going to say I say this every year. Then I will call them on it and tell them to look for old posts, and there will be none. Here is what I am saying about the Jets next season:

• The will win the AFC East
  • They will play a home playoff game
  • They will win a home playoff game

I have higher hopes than that but there are too many unknowns to commit to more than that at this point in time.

The path forward is clear:

• Keep the defense intact; get CJ Mosely healthy and improve the CB position = TOP 10 defense
  • Fix the offensive line

AFC East division winners next season. Sam is legit. There is no reason for all the doom and gloom. The past run has sucked but that is over.

Let's go Jets. A new season is here.

Agree, the main ingredient is JD. He is legitimate and just will build at the rate needed to get where we need to go. Even if he has to start with mainly the Oline I still believe from what I saw this year that if that part was solid even with the talent we had and all the injuries, a solid Oline would have got us 3 more wins and the playoffs. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Sorry but I'm not giving him credit for Denver's Superbowl offense.  Peyton most certainly didn't need Adam Gase.

Manning likes this idea of Gase and Darnold working together. 

"I think it's a good fit for Sam," Manning said, per NJ.com. "Adam was wonderful to me after my injury. I had to learn to play football in a sort of different physical state because I couldn't throw the ball the same way."

Manning is enthusiastic about the idea of the duo building an offense together, noting that Gase created an offense around his own (somewhat) diminished skill set after the series of neck surgeries that led to his leaving Indianapolis for Denver in the first place. 

"Mentally, Adam was able to take some plays that I used to run and build this hybrid offense where I could just go out there and play," Manning said.

---------------------------

Peyton Manning has absolutely no reason to put his name on Adam Gase.  Especially after he didn't work in Miami.  Yet, he did.  And read what he said.  Gase reinvented Manning, not the other way around.

SAR I

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, talisaynon said:

31st in offense from a so called offensive genius coach. Why are jets fans always so myopic when it comes to these things?

Guys, it is tiring hearing that ranking. The last 8 games were different than the 1st 8. I don't know the rank of the last 8 but it was somewhere between 15-20. Lets start with that and then go from there to see if we can maintain or improve on that. We can't count the 1st 8 where 3-4 games were with Luke Falk starting who would have trouble starting for a HS football team.

6 minutes ago, 82nd Airborne said:

Miami will have tons of cap space and picks. 

They are one of the worst franchises in the NFL the last 20 years.  Awful management.  I have no faith that they're going to draft properly.  Nor should you.

7 minutes ago, 82nd Airborne said:

Buffalo already made the playoffs.

And they were exposed there.  Look at the last 2 seasons, that's 2 full seasons of McDermott and Allen, and there was no progress.  Oh it looks that way because of the wildcard berth, but the Bills have only beaten 1 decent team in 2 years.  Allen folds against good defenses.  And the Jets have a good defense.  Hell, without a kicker and missing 4/5ths of the OL we came within a minute of sweeping them this year.

9 minutes ago, 82nd Airborne said:

Don't forget the Patriots.

No, can't do that of course.  There is a chance they lose Brady along with Scarnecchia, but even if he comes back he's not the same guy.  Brady is no longer a scary quarterback.  Immobile, tired, weak in the back half of the schedule.  Game manager at best.  I hope he returns so we can bury him ourselves.

SAR I

• Sympathy 1

12 minutes ago, jgb said:

I really do admire your uncompromising optimism. So predict it now--granted information is very low about next year--record next year? To avoid all uncertainty, consider everything: possible injuries, depth, FA, draft, coaching, everything. This isn't a trap. Genuinely interested in an optimists view this early in the off season. And I don't play "doctor" without showing mine so today I predict 6 wins.

I think the Jets would have gone 11-5 this year if healthy, so I see next year at 12-4 if healthy.  The home schedule is easier than this year and we're going to be better health/roster-wise.

Every year there is a team that everyone sleeps on that rises from nowhere and surprises.  That's us.  6-2 wasn't a mirage.  And we were injured to hell.  All the AFC playoff teams from the last 3 years are taking steps back.  Very exciting time to be a Jets fan.

SAR I

4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I think the Jets would have gone 11-5 this year if healthy, so I see next year at 12-4 if healthy.  The home schedule is easier than this year and we're going to be better health/roster-wise.

Every year there is a team that everyone sleeps on that rises from nowhere and surprises.  That's us.  6-2 wasn't a mirage.  And we were injured to hell.  All the AFC playoff teams from the last 3 years are taking steps back.  Very exciting time to be a Jets fan.

SAR I

I'll fly to the US and serve as your manservant during a 2021 home game tailgate of your choice if Jets go 12-4 next season. I'll wear this outfit:

Image result for poverty sucks"

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

51 minutes ago, UnknownJetFan said:

Guys, it is tiring hearing that ranking. The last 8 games were different than the 1st 8. I don't know the rank of the last 8 but it was somewhere between 15-20. Lets start with that and then go from there to see if we can maintain or improve on that. We can't count the 1st 8 where 3-4 games were with Luke Falk starting who would have trouble starting for a HS football team.

Those last 8 games are definitely going to carry over into the start of next season, too!

1 hour ago, UnknownJetFan said:

Who played better vs the Patriots, Luke Falk or Sam Darnold? Thanks in advance.

54 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Manning likes this idea of Gase and Darnold working together. 

"I think it's a good fit for Sam," Manning said, per NJ.com. "Adam was wonderful to me after my injury. I had to learn to play football in a sort of different physical state because I couldn't throw the ball the same way."

Manning is enthusiastic about the idea of the duo building an offense together, noting that Gase created an offense around his own (somewhat) diminished skill set after the series of neck surgeries that led to his leaving Indianapolis for Denver in the first place. 

"Mentally, Adam was able to take some plays that I used to run and build this hybrid offense where I could just go out there and play," Manning said.

---------------------------

Peyton Manning has absolutely no reason to put his name on Adam Gase.  Especially after he didn't work in Miami.  Yet, he did.  And read what he said.  Gase reinvented Manning, not the other way around.

SAR I

Gase reinvented Manning?  Does anyone actually believe that?  And where has Gase shown such greatness other than with an QB named to the NFL 100's all-time team?

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Losmeister said:

They do this every year, the experts go by what they saw in the season that just ended and somehow forget that 60% of the playoff teams change over and are different year-over-year.

SAR I

Look ... Here is how I see it.

Gase/Darnold year 2..... My guess is 10-6 best possible outcome ... More than likely 8-8 ... 8-8 ,,,,it's just not enough.

Good news is ... Barring any unforseene brain hemmorage JD will draft or aquire through free agency a stout OL.

So the year should.be bearable and an improvement.

We are two years from.beong competitive.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

22 hours ago, peebag said:

I've accepted the fact that the Jets will never win the Super Bowl in my lifetime

What was happening on the field last night was unrecognizable to me as a weekly watcher of the Jets. I just don’t see it happening 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Gase reinvented Manning?  Does anyone actually believe that?  And where has Gase shown such greatness other than with an QB named to the NFL 100's all-time team?

Apparently one person does 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Xtina said:

What was happening on the field last night was unrecognizable to me as a weekly watcher of the Jets. I just don’t see it happening 

Are you kidding?

That was the most Jets-like Super Bowl I've ever seen, looked like Jets A and Jets B to me.  Two teams plodding away, game managers dinking and doinking dumpoffs, curious clock management decisions, conservative offenses, bad PI penalties, bad interceptions.

And, most Jets-like of all, a team sitting on a lead, playing scared, and having its supposedly dominant secondary picked to pieces with 6 minutes left.  Mahomes essentially completed two passes.  One was a prayer, looked like an Aaron Judge fly ball to #10.  The other a little slant that #14 got big YAC.  Those two passes were the entire game.  Nothing Darnold couldn't have done.  That wasn't a special QB performance by Mahomes.  He got away with a bad game.

These were not dominant teams playing at an elite level.  These were two anemic teams with questionable coaches and inconsistent quarterbacks, one abdicating the game to the other.  J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets to the max.

SAR I

On 2/3/2020 at 12:21 AM, Maxman said:

People will laugh but this needs to be said: The Jets are going to be good next season. Really good. People are going to say I say this every year. Then I will call them on it and tell them to look for old posts, and there will be none. Here is what I am saying about the Jets next season:

• The will win the AFC East
  • They will play a home playoff game
  • They will win a home playoff game

I have higher hopes than that but there are too many unknowns to commit to more than that at this point in time.

The path forward is clear:

• Keep the defense intact; get CJ Mosely healthy and improve the CB position = TOP 10 defense
  • Fix the offensive line

AFC East division winners next season. Sam is legit. There is no reason for all the doom and gloom. The past run has sucked but that is over.

Let's go Jets. A new season is here.

I'm picking up what you're putting down dude.