Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Mafia - Game Thread

2 minutes ago, Verbal said:

Did you miss the part where I asked people to let me know what the want me to do?  That will come with targets, and I will pick the majority.

Or just shoot whoever the **** I want (but I'll tell you who!)

;-)

shoot... 

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:
Is Verbal...

Male?

Female?

Both?

Unknown?

You're so ******* lucky I can't shoot you this game.  My only goal regardless of alignment would have been to survive D1 lynch to then shoot you in the face.

Bastard.

1 minute ago, Beaver said:

Why waste the shot?   Is it just one shot or are there multiple shots?   And how do we know if the scum are not the ones trying to get the vigilante to waste his one shot?

You don’t. The scum are scared that he’s gonna shoot. So their trying to call his bluff.

21 minutes ago, Beaver said:

Why should Verbal shoot?

So early in the game it's not a good idea to shoot but if verbal wants to vet himself at the possible expense of shooting town thats a bad play to which verbal alluded to himself . 

According to JIF and Verbal Im a prime candidate because I tried to help new players by putting numerous scenarios out there to help the learning process and somehow that's scummy and I disagreed with JIF which always gets him to vote me in just about every single game we play . If he can play the Meta game on me I can play it on him as well.

Keep in mind the ONLY thing a shot proves is that Verbal has a gun and the ability to shoot it DOES NOT make him 100 % town since there are other 3rd party roles (SK) and even scum roles that allow players to get shot dead and they are not out of the question in a 20 player game.

1 minute ago, Beaver said:

Why waste the shot?   Is it just one shot or are there multiple shots?   And how do we know if the scum are not the ones trying to get the vigilante to waste his one shot?

The way I see it, we'll need him to take the shot anyway to prove he's not scum. If he's not scum, they won't let him hang around long enough anyway to the point where we can get enough info to really make a good decision. So better to just have him take the shot now so we can confirm him as non-scum and go from there.

I don't think we know if he has one shot or multiple shots.

I'm sure the scum are trying to get him to take the shot, so I'm kind of thinking it might be better to have him make the decision on who to shoot on his own, rather than let the scum manipulate.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, jvill 51 said:

The way I see it, we'll need him to take the shot anyway to prove he's not scum. If he's not scum, they won't let him hang around long enough anyway to the point where we can get enough info to really make a good decision. So better to just have him take the shot now so we can confirm him as non-scum and go from there.

I don't think we know if he has one shot or multiple shots.

I'm sure the scum are trying to get him to take the shot, so I'm kind of thinking it might be better to have him make the decision on who to shoot on his own, rather than let the scum manipulate.

6 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

So early in the game it's not a good idea to shoot but if verbal wants to vet himself at the possible expense of shooting town thats a bad play to which verbal alluded to himself . 

According to JIF and Verbal Im a prime candidate because I tried to help new players by putting numerous scenarios out there to help the learning process and somehow that's scummy and I disagreed with JIF which always gets him to vote me in just about every single game we play . If he can play the Meta game on me I can play it on him as well.

Keep in mind the ONLY thing a shot proves is that Verbal has a gun and the ability to shoot it DOES NOT make him 100 % town since there are other 3rd party roles (SK) and even scum roles that allow players to get shot dead and they are not out of the question in a 20 player game.

I was under the impression this wasn't an option. If there's a scum role that can shoot that changes everything and we probably should have lynched him Day 1.

7 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

That doesn't jive with your own defense of me during my back & forth with JiF.  You said I'd know better than to fake claim vig as scum....and it would be ever dumber for me to fake claim vig as a SK.  So what's it gonna be?  Are you saying I'm probably town, or are you saying it could go either way?

• Upvote 1

On 2/6/2020 at 8:41 AM, Verbal said:

tl;dr

Let scum be forced to NK me.  Doc can choose to either self protect or play mind games with scum and protect me as I'm not going to shoot wildly into the crowd on N1 and possibly hit a townie.  I'll wait until I have a good suspect pool before I shoot.

Verbal what changed your mind ?  I guess the selfish act of Vetting yourself because you got a little heat is more Important than the possibility of taking out a power role or just another townie in general which will probably knock off 3 townies in day one after the NK from scum. 

Idiot CTM basically took himself out because he probably did not want to play the game as VT and that was disgusting enough now you are asking if you should do exactly what you said you would not. Town is off to a great start.

Just now, jvill 51 said:

I was under the impression this wasn't an option. If there's a scum role that can shoot that changes everything and we probably should have lynched him Day 1.

Highly unlikely.  The mafia team typically have a factional night kill - it is rare to see an additional kill owned by a single member of mafia....it is usually the group's.

1 minute ago, Smashmouth said:

Verbal what changed your mind ?  I guess the selfish act of Vetting yourself because you got a little heat is more Important than the possibility of taking out a power role or just another townie in general which will probably knock off 3 townies in day one after the NK from scum. 

Idiot CTM basically took himself out because he probably did not want to play the game as VT and that was disgusting enough now you are asking if you should do exactly what you said you would not. Town is off to a great start.

Did you skip the part where I said my inclination is to holster?  Sometimes you're as bad as JiF, only seeing what you want to see at a given moment.

A little heat?  Dude I was L-2 or L-3 and the momentum was still building - had I not revealed, I was absolutely going to be lynched.  We lynched a VT instead - better than lynching a vig (by a little).  But if the majority want me to shoot, I don't mind.

4 minutes ago, Verbal said:

That doesn't jive with your own defense of me during my back & forth with JiF.  You said I'd know better than to fake claim vig as scum....and it would be ever dumber for me to fake claim vig as a SK.  So what's it gonna be?  Are you saying I'm probably town, or are you saying it could go either way?

Your a sK or scum. Does that help? 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Verbal said:

Dumb ass I was not defending you as much as I was putting out scenarios for new players and trying to knock down the JIF dramatics and bullsh*t. 

To answer your question it could always go either way but I did feel you claiming VIG as scum was a stupid move and that's why I thought you innocent, Now that your contradicting the **** out of yourself I'm not so sure. 

Once again, to clarify, I was not putting out scenarios to solely claim you were innocent, It was as I stated more than once, that people seem to be glossing over, I was helping noobs with different angles If I gave a different impression then I hope this finally clears it up.

You shooting tonight is stupid and I'm not sure why we are even discussing it

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Verbal said:

Did you skip the part where I said my inclination is to holster?  Sometimes you're as bad as JiF, only seeing what you want to see at a given moment.

A little heat?  Dude I was L-2 or L-3 and the momentum was still building - had I not revealed, I was absolutely going to be lynched.  We lynched a VT instead - better than lynching a vig (by a little).  But if the majority want me to shoot, I don't mind.

you were L-3 but I had no issue with the timing of the reveal . I Quoted you and bolded (below) what you said it's pretty clear. Then later you started asking in the thread if you should shoot but Inclination was to holster . Your a smart player and you know there are 10 noobs in this game so why do you have to ask ? The smart move is to holster and at least do something that points to town play other than just your reveal.

9 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Let scum be forced to NK me.  Doc can choose to either self protect or play mind games with scum and protect me as I'm not going to shoot wildly into the crowd on N1 and possibly hit a townie.  I'll wait until I have a good suspect pool before I shoot.