Jetsfan80

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Mafia - Game Thread

My job will make it hard to post during the morning/early afternoon. Biggest questions I have so far are: 

What is "The Lounge"? 

And who is this Verbal guy?

• Haha 2

Vote: CTM

Starting at the top.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

1. The Lounge is the place where you go to talk when you can't stand the Jets.

2. If you have a gun, Verbal is the guy you're supposed to shoot first.

I thought the Jets Forum was where you went when you couldn't stand the Jets. No wonder I haven't been in the Lounge in a while. 

By the way you (I think) described Verbal in one of the opening pages, he sounds like the Lounge's T0m Shane

• Haha 4

18 minutes ago, Pac said:

This game will be a disgrace. 

titus andromedon good luck GIF

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, ID. said:

Yo, since it’s 1990, I brought out my fresh 8-Ball jacket.  sh*ts dope, told me to vote Verbal as well...

870165B5-53A8-4DC8-9DAB-F35670F25B99.jpeg

Kobe! 

• Haha 1

Me dealing with all the noob trashing going on in this thread. 

Tearing Nancy Pelosi GIF by GIPHY News

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, CTM said:

Disgusting. 2 of my least favorite people on the planet.

Reported

Man, and I was just about to unvote you. 

This is starting to get interesting. I am sticking with my vote CTM because it was suspicious how many jumped on the Verbal bandwagon. Makes me think he may not be scum (at least in the game).

2 minutes ago, Verbal said:

Solid analysis of the situation

Are you my Caucasian???? Sorry, I've been watching a lot of Curb Your Enthusiasm lately. 

• Upvote 1

Looks like some sh*t has hit the fan around here. Bout time. 

Sticking with my vote for now but there’s been some interesting revelations. 

46 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

If verb was scum he would have claimed Doc or Cop not friggin Vig 

Or that's what he wants you to think. 

54 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Its a bad move for scum because it has little reward. As a scum player if you get attention (high vote count) you want to out important power roles not false claim Vig . So many things come into play, one being the timing (day1) the other being high reward. If Verbal is scum like JIF is insinuating and he claims Doc he easily halts the train. A smart Doc does not reveal just yet because it's way too early top tip your hand to scum as the Doc but Verbal kept himself alive to influence votes on other townies and took the attention off himself in the process. Same thing if he claims Cop. In this game you simply do not lynch un-countered power roles like Cop or Doc it's just too risky. So you tell me why a Vet player like Verbal would do such a thing and claim Vig ? JIF is attacking a guy that warrants no attack based on an assumption he's lying all while doing something dreadfully stupid if he were scum. In the end you have to make up your mind how you see fit.

This make sense but I am new and you can both be scum working together. Look at this scenario: Verbal is scum, as are some if not all of the people that voted for him. Then everyone slowly switches to someone else that they've been targeting from the beginning. I am new but I am a textbook over thinker. 

• Upvote 1

All caught up--damn if you step away for an hour you could come back to 0 posts or 500 haha. First vote I knew it could go either way so I apologize CTM but we'll get the scum next time for sure. There were a few interesting posts like ten pages ago pertaining to Verbal and it gave me some ideas about some different players. 

• Upvote 1

Vote Holster

Just going with my gut. 

• Upvote 3

If the night is going to hit the deadline, someone from scum hasn't voted. So... who hasn't been around? Could be easy to narrow at least one piece of scum down and take them out when the sun rises again. 

25 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

From what I remember from JC being Town is that he's a lot more engaged in the game while asking a lot of questions and actively scum-hunting. I haven't seen any of that so far, and it's pinging. IMO, he ghosts like this when he's either Scum or Town PR, but none of his posts have read like he's trying to help Town, so that's why I'm leaning Scum.

Why does everyone think you are scum? This is a good post but your name is always in the conversation around here.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, CTM said:

Still smash for me, turns out crusher was town, cant win them all. Gata being pro vig shot at night is good enough for me to put her neutral for now.

Agree with others on spoot too

Vote smash

Hard to trust you when you say he was town. Why so fast to admit that? 

I think Spoot is town but maybe with some kind of PR. 

7 minutes ago, CTM said:

Considering I left the game with crusher as my #2 and now I was just sent his role and see I was wrong  I figured it was appropriate for me to explain the 180

Fair enough. You are in a unique situation though because you already were a player, and a Townie no less, and no one believed you. I need to see how this plays out. 

18 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Drums, keep in mind that CTM is entering the game as a completely different player, if that makes sense.  You're now evaluating him based partly on how Crusher played prior to replacement AND now how CTM plays as his replacement. 

Nothing about CTM's prior play in his other role should impact your view on him in this new role, other than perhaps picking up some "meta" clues about how CTM operates in general.  

I know its confusing since CTM was already in the game before.  Plus he's a fairly disgusting individual so its easy to have a negative bias towards him from the jump.  

I understand that, and what I meant was just because I was wrong about him before doesn't mean I should automatically trust him this time--that's all I meant. But I appreciate this explanation and I agree--he is quite disgusting. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

27 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He was enthusiastic to play, did play a bit earlier in the game, and responded to my PM a few days ago.  Gonna give him a long leash prior to replacing. 

Unlike SR24, a new player who never responded to my tags or PMs or anything.

Okay that makes sense-- I, along with some other posters, started analyzing how fast he was replaced so this makes sense but really just spreads the grey area just a bit further. 

6 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Those of you who were voting Crusher should take a long hard look at this crap CTM is peddling

I was voting Crusher but 80 made me doubt myself so luckily I have some more time to decide. 

59 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

1. CTM is replacing Crusher, so he takes over his character/role. Meaning, if Crusher was Town, then CTM is Town, too.

2. You should never ever ever ever EVER publicly state if you think someone has a Town PR. This is the last time I'm nice about this. Next time you get the filthy beaver treatment.

I don't want to know

I am torn between CTM and Smash, but one thing is for sure, either one will help me figure out who's who in this game.

Vote Smash

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, GATA said:

Nope we've heard nothing but Smash & CTM point the finger at each other during most of the Day 2 phase 

Yet we still have 16 other ppl (aside from these 2) 

Vig is the only "vetted" player. 

@Jetscode1 said he'd hammer Smash he ended up not doing so.

You're taking over for Brick he was also pretty absent now you're here. 

@pdxgreen  & @JustEndTheSuffering & @Beaver & @Drums I'd like to hear more from you too 

@Spoot-Face thinks I can be scum (I think the same)  

@Stark's going through RL stuff 

Newbies ( @ID. & @BUM-KNEE) (not so newbie @jvill 51) are adding more to the conversation. 

I just think we should still have more of a dialogue on possible teams or who else to look at and not just limit ourselves 2 these 2 players. 

We still have a possible 4-5 scum team situation

edit* one more time edit*

Yeah, I just haven't had much to say because I am still figuring people out. Not much to go on yet and there has been a lot of pointless back and forth that I have already read through a few times and still came away with little other than I don't trust anyone. 

56 minutes ago, CTM said:

If verb is 1x and smash claims he's full on unlynchable the right move it to speed lynch smash..

there's 2 options

1) He dies at which point he almost has to be scum due to claiming not 1x

2) He doesn't die which means he has to be town or 80's game is broken worse than any game in the history of JN. you can't have unlynchable scum with a 1x vig

We risk 1 more townie death to either kill scum or vet an unlynchable townie. It's a no brainer

Vote Smash

Time to die, brah. 

45 minutes ago, CTM said:

so is scum bussing or have we got it wrong lol.. the speed of this train is making me a little nervous

I don't know, are you?

Wow, Shredder. That's huge. Por fin!

• Upvote 2

Voting holster to save a random townie made sense to me (and a random townie ended up dying), but I still think Crusher was scum and CTM is now.  Crusher started the CTM train day 1 and I have no meta on CTM but it feels you are overcompensating just a bit. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Stark said:

true my first handful of games i did keep spreadsheets of votes/voting patters. even when I was scum. 

I thought it would help me learn some tendencies as people tend to fall into habits. I tried playing games with different playstyles too.

I don't use spreadsheets anymore because the last game I used it in CTM was such a sh*tty town player he looked scummier than any player in the game when it got down to the last 4 players. was a toss up with him and hess? maybe so i looked at voting patterns and CTM had not voted a single scum player the entire game, which was 5 or 6  mafia game days. so i leaned CTM on my vote and town lost 

after that i quit the spreadsheets go on more of posts and feel now. 

=========

you are reaching there. I said I had already been voting crusher on D1 and had him pegged, D2 started and I started looking elsewhere, then you came in and were pinging all over again. it was because crush pinged for me and then you again as same "player"

Yes i said i didn't trust either of you.. both seasoned players, both would bus teammates.

if i overthought it yesterday then that is my bad, but I still don't feel like you're town. sorry not sorry 

This is a solid explanation and further makes me doubt CTM because of his behavior. He talks so much and points so many fingers. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, GATA said:

^^^ @Drums @Beaver @Stark @BUM-KNEEcan we get some feedback on why you guys wanted to holster again 

Sorry, busy weekend but I’ve already said it was because it seemed smarter not to kill some random townie, which actually happened. 

I am still leaning towards 1-2 vets and maybe one newbie for scum.

Suspected vets: GATA and JVOR. JVOR pinged early because of how fast he jumped in. GATA pushed so hard for a shot and the way she's been questioning and then not even responding makes me feel it is fake--just for show. They are oddly on the same page in almost every vote as well which I find a little weird.

Not sure how of the new players yet. 

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company