Jetsfan80

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Mafia - Game Thread

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

NOTE:  This game will be based on the live action Ninja Turtles movie from 1990. 

129307.png

New York City.  1990.  A crime wave rips through the Big Apple.  While investigative reporter April O’Neil slowly uncovers the source of the increase in crime, the underground, mysterious, ninja Foot Clan, the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles fight crime from the shadows, led by mutant rat leader, Splinter.

As April gets closer to the truth, the head of the Foot Clan, Shredder, orders April to be silenced.  She is attacked by the Foot Clan, but is saved by the Ninja Turtles and brought to their home in the sewers.  She meets Splinter and the 4 Ninja Turtles for the first time.

Now this group forms an alliance and hopes to save the city from Shredder and the Foot Clan.   But can they uncover the villains quickly enough before they finish off the heroes? 

Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles-645x370.jpg

The players:

1.  @CTM

2.  @The Crusher

3.  @BrickTamland

4.  @Stark

5.  @GATA

6.  @Spoot-Face

7.  @SR24

8.  @Drums

9.  @JustEndTheSuffering

10.  @Verbal

11.  @BUM-KNEE

12.  @jvill 51

13.  @pdxgreen

14.  @kdels62

15.  @JiF

16.  @32EBoozer

17.  @Beaver

18. @Smashmouth

19. @Jetscode1

20. @ID.

Wew, that is quite a list. Good luck to everyone including the newer players.

I'm sure I'll be seeing you all within a week.

• Upvote 3

Compulsory Co-Mods/Subs:  @Nolder, @Leelou, @Lizard King, @Jets Voice of Reason

Rules

1.       DO NOT REVEAL YOUR CHARACTER AT ANY TIME.  IF YOU ARE UNSURE WHAT THIS MEANS PLEASE ASK IN YOUR PM.  You may reveal your role at any time.  Mass reveals are discouraged. 

2.       NO OUTSIDE COMMUNICATION IS ALLOWED.  You can only speak to one  another on the game thread or in a QuickTopic if you’re provided one. 

3.       When voting a player, you must post this in bold type.  For instance:  Vote Jetsfan80.  You may change your vote at any time during the day period.  To change your vote, make sure you UNVOTE.  For instance:  Unvote vote Verbal. 

4.       Each day, you will vote to lynch (remove from the game) one player.  If you are TOWN, You are looking to find SCUM (aka Mafia).  If you are SCUM you are looking to avoid getting lynched.  Majority vote rules.  I.E. if 11 players are alive, it takes 6 votes to lynch.  I will be very liberal about setting deadlines to lynch, since we have new players.  If/when I do set deadlines, we’ll go with HYBRID HAMMER (I.E. highest vote-getter at the time will be lynched.  If there is a tie in votes, I will select by random.org). 

5.       At night, the SCUM team will select a player to kill (remove from the game).  You will make these decisions with your teammates in your QUICKTOPIC (check your PM).  DO NOT reveal to the game that you are scum or have access to a QUICKTOPIC. 

6.       Each night, those of you with actions to perform (check your PM) will have 24 hours to submit your night actions, with the clock stopping on weekends (Friday, 5 PM EST).  If you are unsure if you have any night actions, communicate with me in your role PM. 

7.       The rest you’ll figure out as you go.  Ask lots of questions.  Whatever you do, don’t go off and do something dumb, like get yourself killed. 

8.       Lob lots of insults.  Especially at @JiF, @CTM, and @Verbal

14.  GFY

Just to add onto this for newer players: do not screenshot, quote, or otherwise communicate your Role PM from 80 to prove you are what you say you are. Even if you think you've found a clever way of doing it that isn't strictly against the rules, don't. The spirit of the game is that no one is supposed to be able to confirm what you're telling them about yourself is true until you die and 80 confirms it.

Also if you're going to say or do something but you're not sure if it is or isn't against the rules just shoot 80 a PM and ask him. I have done this many times in games and sometimes the moderator says whatever I was thinking is ok and other times they asked me not to. It's as simple as just checking in. So don't ruin the game for everyone else when you could have just asked! Ok that's all I have to say for now have fun everyone!

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Day 1 Vote Count

• Crusher (6) - Stark, CTM, Spoot, Smash, Verbal, kdels62

• CTM (4)- JustEndTheSuffering, Drums, jvill 51, GATA
  • Verbal (4) - JC, ID., BUM-KNEE, Brick
  • Spoot (2) - JiF, Crusher
  • JVOR (1) - Beaver

Not Voting (3) - JVOR, pdxgreen, 32EBoozer

With 20 players alive, it takes 11 votes to lynch.  

DAY 1 DEADLINE TO ACHIEVE A LYNCH:  Friday, 3 PM EST

Ok here is the last vc. Give me a few mins to update I'm not on computer right now.

• Like 1

Actually screw it let me get on computer real quick hold on.

9 hours ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

I voted smash back there For vote three on him fyi. Thanks for the vote count though. 

You are correct I don't know how I missed that.

I will edit my VC to reflect the correction. Sorry.

Day 2 Vote Count

• Spoot (3) - Verbal, GATA, Crusher
  • Smash (2) - JVOR, JustEndTheSuffering
  • GATA (2) - Smash, jvill 51
  • JC (1) - Stark

With 18 players remaining, it takes 10 votes to lynch

Day 2 Vote Count

• Spoot (3) - Verbal, GATA, Crusher
  • JC (3) - Stark, Spoot, Beaver
  • Smash (2) - JVOR, JustEndTheSuffering
  • GATA (2) - Smash, jvill 51

With 18 players remaining, it takes 10 votes to lynch

@Nolder will be replacing Ape as Hamato Yoshi, Mod-Confirmed VT.

Thanks Nolder!

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

No problem.

• Upvote 1

Hi everyone. Can I get a SitRep?

What game day is it? Are there any confirmed roles? Any claimed roles?

Is there an argument or situation I should weigh in on?

Any and all help to get me started is appreciated.

1 minute ago, jvill 51 said:

Day 2. 3 townies dead. Verbal claimed town vigilante, fired night 1. Smash claimed role cop. If there isn’t an argument for you to weigh in on yet, just wait a few minutes.

Did Verbal kill anyone? If so, who? Did he claim 1 shot vig or can he keep shooting?

Did Smash out his investigations?

Thanks.

8 hours ago, jvill 51 said:

Hasn’t said how many shots. Killed kdels.

Smash says he only has 1 investigation. Hasn’t used it.

@Verbal can I get a reason why you shot kdels? And are you 1shot?

@Smashmouth wtf

Smash do you remember about what page you claimed?

@Smashmouth I'm not buying your argument for vetting verbal or your claim.

Why didn't you use your investigation on Verbal like you said you would I'm confused.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Nolder said:

@Smashmouth I'm not buying your argument for vetting verbal or your claim.

Why didn't you use your investigation on Verbal like you said you would I'm confused.

17 minutes ago, Verbal said:

Because I thought he was super nice..

......why the **** do you think I did?  I thought he was scum.  That was not a good question.

Beating around the bush, not a good look. You know what I meant.

Why did you think he's scum a$$hole.

35 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Never thought I would see a game get ruined twice.

Have you ever played with Darthe?

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, CTM said:

I'm very happy newer players are on me for that. Dont trust anyone

But I'm town.

Smashs reveal was awful,

mod said this would be a vanilla game .. 1 time role cop not really vanilla

Role cop is usually a scum role. Has more usefulness to them

He was planning on using it to vet verb? Wtf!! No sensible player would use a 1 time role like that to vet a knucklehead vig on day 1. Particularly since a vig can self vet his killing ability 

His reveal was panicked and ill conceived because verbal announced in thread he was shooting smash, leaving him limited time to plan and plot 

He was pushing hard to holster and most scummy player on day 1. Vig holster was pro scum.

He agreed with that bannana eating idiots suggestion that verb shoot ape to "spare a pr" A mod confirmed townie is a pr!!! Forces scum to burn a NK

Let's kill smash

I'm down.

Vote Smash

• Upvote 1

Don't need to vet him, **** it.

All he can tell us is what someones role is not if they are town or mafia. 

It's not even really that useful all things considered and that's if he's even telling the truth which I don't think he is.

2 hours ago, Verbal said:

He stuck out as very eager for me to shoot, and he kept repeating it - it felt like scum playing out in front to avoid the shot.  I knew the newbies on scum would be hard to identify, so I was hoping for a hero shot there.  Didn't work out, oh well.  RIP kdels.

Ok. Thank you. That's reasonable at face value.

9 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

Now heres Nolder the king of Skimming ... Hes confirmed town because he took over APE's role in the game.

What can I say? I'm in a privileged position. I don't want to read 50 pages of oldbies telling newbies how to play.

The first thing out of his mouth is can you all tell me whats going on in the game ? Single most stupid question you can ask and I'll explain.

Please do.

When you ask a question like that you give scum a chance to cloudy the water and give you their perspective on the game and whats been said.

Possibly. If anyone tells me anything too shady though I would expect other town players to call them out on it thus revealing the identity of scum. They have to be very careful and subtle to attempt a move like this. 

Besides which, you are assuming I'm believing everything I'm being told and not double checking on my own.

The right thing to do here would have been to take on APE's role come in the thread and say "hey guys Im taking over for APE im going to take 20 to 3 minutes to read over the thread and get my take on the game." At that point if he had any questions on what was going on I would have gladly answered him but he wanted to take the lazy route and I have no time for that sh*t.

Next time I'll start and you wait until D2 to replace Ape ok? Show me how it's done.

He then proceeded to ask me sh*t I already sent a lot of time answering and in all honesty I was focusing on what was going on since I was getting heat and I didn't have time to go back and re-read the thread and play Nolders game for him. Of course now Nolder will get mad at me but that's par for the course.

I'm not mad. But again I have the privilege of being mod confirmed town. You know that whatever I say or do I am at least trying to win the game for town. My motivations are unquestionable, if nothing else. Why you wouldn't want to convince me that you're town I don't know. I could be here right now calling off the dogs and saying hey guys leave Smash alone I think he's town and that would carry a lot of weight. They might not listen to me but again my motivations are unquestionable so some people might listen who knows. Regardless instead you chose to snub me and gave me a bad impression and that's in addition to me going back and reading your claim and considering it in the context of the game. I just find the whole thing unlikely and I even more question the fact that you didn't use your power on Verbal to make sure he's not just a SK trying to float to endgame. Like the one thing your power might have been good for and that could vet you to a certain extent and you didn't do it? wtf

Now I'd rather just roll the dice and lynch you and keep Verbal around. For now anyway.

That's my thought process you're welcome to explain yours if you want but it's a day late and a dollar short imo.

16 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

Another angle on the Smash situation that I touched upon briefly a couple of nights ago but hasn't gotten much discussion:

What if he is a scum role cop, but his supposed one-time limit is BS? He hangs around until we summon him to resolve a dispute, but in the meantime he's been hunting for the doc/cop. The scum would have all the intel he gathered, meaning even a couple extra days of him surviving is invaluable to them while potentially devastating for the town.

I mean, yeah, that is entirely possible.

2 minutes ago, CTM said:

The role makes no sense

The reveal made no sense

All that needs to be said imo

20 minutes ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

Consider this for one second: what happens if the rest of the players can’t trust you and therefore your information. 

chirping_cricket-copy.gif

Smash, you know I like you buddy and I'm not out to piss you off. We've had a few private conversations in the past and I know where you're coming from so don't take this the wrong way. But you seem scummy right now. I mean that's the bottom line. The role is kind of scummy, what you've said and done was kind of scummy, etc. It's all added up. I really like playing with you you're one of my favorite guys to play with believe it or not (when you're around lol) but you and I almost never see eye to eye. I always think you're scummy and I do once again. If I'm wrong then I apologize but you know I'm not lying to you or trying to manipulate your death. So don't be so emo man come on. Just take the lynch, call out some potential scum, and exit helpfully. Or not if you're scum I guess lol.

4 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

Honestly Nolder I'm not emo I just know what the final outcome is going to be so why bother to fight further.

Nolder  people simply don't believe my claim I did everything I could to stay alive and have the chance to use the role but at this stage its not happening.

Well, I have a few thoughts about that actually.

First of all if that really is your role and you really are town I would shift just a little bit of the blame to 80. The role can be Town but it's usually a lot more useful for scum. Kind of like Roleblocker. How often do you see that as a Town role?

Secondly, and I have said this before, stop claiming. You claimed on D1 without any investigations to report. Better you had just died than claimed because no one isn't going to trust you anyway even if they left you alive and here we are only a few days later lynching you anyway right? 

Thirdly you misused your role. You said you were going to investigate Verbal and you didn't. You lied. This is my number one reason for wanting to lynch you above everything else. Next time don't lock yourself into investigating someone if you aren't going to do it.

My main problem is I post so much content some of it gets lost in translation so to say.... like my mistake saying follow rather than investigate i used the wrong word and got attacked for it. CTM posted a load of nonsense claims its a vanilla game but then says I cant find scum with my role ....I find that hilarious ...then others say my role is worthless. People with these thoughts are not going to change their minds.Remember that when and if someone claims Doc or Cop

It's worthless because they don't trust you.

They aren't going to believe any result you bring them at this point.

This is why i took a break since every game I play I'm scum to the same people and I cant compete against 4 or 5 people on constant attack nor do I want too. If they always see me as scum it is what it is. Now its like a joke they try to piss me off (which they will deny) rather than just playing the game.

We have talked about this before and while I see what you're saying I'm not sure if it's intentional or not. I always think you're scum too and I know that's not what I'm doing so it makes me doubtful. Anyway this is a discussion for outside the game.

This game I was too helpful, last year I was too inactive day 1, then when i became active I was too active day 1 .... to that I say **** it whats the point. Either way just hammer me already 

Changing your meta is hard and you will have a lot of bullsh*t lynches.

For what it's worth I like active smash better.

You didn't see me say you were too active did you?

I understand you've worked to change that meta and I don't hold it against you anymore.

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Smash was going full emo.  

"You f**kers.  How dare you not take my abilities seriously.  I'm really considering just going home right now.  I am super serial."

The remaining Ninja Turtles and allies were baffled.  "The f**k is it with this guy?"  They wondered.  "Dude, you can't just go home.  We have you cornered.  You're not going anywhere."

With that, the Turtles tried to lift Smash up to the platform where they'd secure the noose.

But there was a problem.  What he was wearing made it nearly impossible to lift him. 

"Ha ha ha ha ha.  I TOLD you I have something up my sleeve!"  

"Well f**k," said the Turtles.  "Somebody bring in a forklift or something.  We're going to have to try this again."

Smash's lynch has been unsuccessful.  

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

It is now Night 2.  Night Actions are due in 24 hours (Friday - 9 AM EST).  

What the **** 80.

13 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

I was trying to say that over and over without giving up my role. Like I said earlier CTM would have laughed my role off as an attempt to not get lynched and many of you would have screamed to Vet it so I chose to do it this way. Sorry but what can I say. CTM is scum

I still think you're scum lol.

• Upvote 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company