Jetsfan80

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Mafia - Game Thread

1 hour ago, JiF said:

True story; as I child, all I ever wanted to wear was my TMNT underwear.  Like nothing else, just the undies.  

Eh I was more of a Batman, Superman,  and Spiderman underoo's kid myself.

6 minutes ago, CTM said:

I'm not sure how I feel about this much beaver in a game. 

unvote vote Spoot

Strange beaver > old beaver

gun hd GIF

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, CTM said:

It's pretty easy to follow, the basics on the players in this game are below. Its just riffs from there. Its dumb as sh*t but been entertaining us idiots every offseason for years 

Crusher  = fat and has been e-dating jif for a decade 

Jif  = stoner twink, crushers bottom 

80 = middle aged virgin, pathological fapper. Likes to organize community faps and nearly shut down site because of it

Spoot = beaver, pervy incel who is looking for a ukranian bride (he once posted a screen shot with an ad)

CtM = noodle dancing hippy, ruins everything 

Gata = takes everything literal, failed turing test, likely a bot as there are no girls on the internet 

Verbal: pasty white, skinny fat acne ridden Ken doll. Larper. Fantasy novel addict. Prone to histrionics and blind lunches 

Smash: stubborn, hot headed, hard headed, block headed. Lots of things that end with headed 

Stark : somehow has avoided being made into a character, which suggests he might be less outlandish of a personality than most here, more likely hes as entertaining as a potato in real life 

If I'm forgetting anyone rule #14*

* means gfy

I seriously have to change my name now.

• Haha 3

Vote SR24

no other reason than they haven’t said anything and I have no clue what I’m doing.

• Upvote 4

52 minutes ago, Pac said:

This game will be a disgrace. 

PAC is the type of guy that gets out of the shower to take a leak.

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

To all you rookie players verbal is at 8 votes it takes 11 to lynch ..... you DO NOT want to pile on and vote him off before he gets a chance to explain his possible innocence or reveal his role to us if he is in fact a town power bottom. So please keep that in mind for him and all future trains. Just wanted to make sure you guys know how this plays out. 

I thought this was already known?

Seriously though.   What is a power role and why does it matter?

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, CTM said:

Also, and this is where it gets fun. Scum might counter claim the doctor role to take them out or they might fake claim doctor to block a lynch and then look at reactions to see if they can find the real doctor. Which happens often, they essentially are willing to swap 1 scum (usually highly suspected) for 1 doctor and 1 nk, and then no risk of blocked NK in future

Townies don't know who is telling the truth and the mafia usually are keen to see the doctor go, so it just takes a couple of townies to choose wrong and the doctor ends up getting lynched

Also -  to smash's point, if we just lynch an unknown player without giving them a chance to defend, we risk just lynching the doctor. which is a very powerful role.

confused trailer park boys GIF

• Haha 1

Also, and this is where it gets fun. Scum might counter claim the doctor role to take them out or they might fake claim doctor to block a lynch and then look at reactions to see if they can find the real doctor. Which happens often, they essentially are willing to swap 1 scum (usually highly suspected) for 1 doctor and 1 nk, and then no risk of blocked NK in future

Townies don't know who is telling the truth and the mafia usually are keen to see the doctor go, so it just takes a couple of townies to choose wrong and the doctor ends up getting lynched

Also -  to smash's point, if we just lynch an unknown player without giving them a chance to defend, we risk just lynching the doctor. which is a very powerful role.

Stupid message board.  Sorry for the triple post.    @Maxman  clean out the hamsters please.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

I feel like I'm being bullied with a deadline.   Sorry Verbal, blame 80.

Unvote

Vote Verbal

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Please note that deadlines are part of just about every game to keep things moving.  Allowing a game to go completely without deadlines runs the risk of things getting stagnant.  Once people start dying off the game tends to move quicker, and deadlines might not be needed.  

Also keep in mind that tomorrow at 3 PM EST is a long ways away in Mafia terms.  The game can. and does, shift quickly.  We might get a lynch today; we might get a mad rush at the deadline to get to 11 votes.  It just depends on the activity level.  

It's all good.  My vote was a waste anyway since SR24 is going to be replaced.  Plus I'm curious to see how this goes.

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

One thing that's true in all games:  Consolidating votes nearing a deadline is always something people like to see.  Especially the Moderator, lol.  

That's where you see people talking about "Competing Trains".  You want there to be at LEAST 2 potential "lynch options" nearing a deadline, so that the players can easily shift a lynch from one player to another on short notice.  

Ah.  So that is what crusher was referring to.   I thought he was getting testy over a buffet.

• Haha 4

15 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Remember even if the poster is replaced the player is still on the same game pm.  The names may change but the role stays the same. 

Man y'all are hitting me with too many scenarios today.   Thanks for the tip.   I did not know this.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JiF said:

Unvote

Vote JVOR

I'm with JiF on this and going back to my original selection.

Unvote

Vote JVOR

horatio sanz waffle GIF

2 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Oh no not another LK

What's an LK?

11 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

The right move for the game would be for the noobs to eliminate a random vet and let the doc role chill. Force Verbal’s hand and proceed from there. 
Personally, I’d rather eliminate a random noob and hope for the best. 

Right now I'm suspicious of the quiet people.   But I suspect they are a noob like me.   Who are the noobs in this game besides me?  

Ok sh*tbags.  I gotta run home and then run my kid to soccer.  I'll catch up on the drama later tonight.   

• Upvote 2
  • Like 2

Unvote JVOR

Vote 32EBoozer

I'm sticking with my noob logic.   Last one to not vote someone is suspicious.  Of what I have no idea.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, GATA said:

Has @32EBoozer even posted

I don't think so.   But he is also a noob like me.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, The Crusher said:

From a Noobs perspective:

all vets are either scum, doctors, vigilate, or police.

1.  @CTM-old vet   - makes me laugh so is suspected scum or doctor

2.  @The Crusher-old vet   likes food and makes me laugh.  suspected scum or police

3.  @BrickTamland-newer vet  quiet.  suspected scum

4.  @Stark-has played but hardly a vet   suspected scum

5.  @GATA-newer vet   suspected doctor or scum

6.  @Spoot-Face-vet  makes me laugh so is suspected scum or doctor

7.  @SR24-newb - replaced by JVOR.   JVOR came in with good observations.  suspected cop or scum

8.  @Drums-noob   suspected townie

9.  @JustEndTheSuffering-noob  suspected townie

10.  @Verbal-old vet says hej's vigilante.  suspected vigilante, cop, or scum

11.  @BUM-KNEE-noob   suspected townie

12.  @jvill 51-noob  suspected townie

13.  @pdxgreennoob suspected townie

14.  @kdels62-newb   suspected townie

15.  @JiF-old vet  crotchety old man from Florida, went hard after Verbal.  suspected scum or cop

16.  @32EBoozer-newb   hasn't posted yet so suspected scum

17.  @Beaver-newb   suspected dumbass

18. @Smashmouth-old vet  makes me laugh so is suspected scum or doctor

19. @Jetscode1-old vet  quiet.  suspected scum or vigilante

20. @ID.-noob  suspected townie

21. Ape - vet  comes in out of nowhere.  suspected sh*tbag.

• Post of the Week 3
  • Haha 1

This is a card game too?   Ok I think I got it now.  town vs scum

• Upvote 1

ok 32EBoozer has arrived.

Unvote 32EBoozer

Vote CTM 

Just to even out the top votes

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Verbal said:

Yeah let's talk about that.  If I'm the SK, me revealing vig ensures I can't win the game.  And as a SK, I would have no teammates as that is a solo role.  So that sort of draws it's own conclusion - I'm not a SK.

So let's just assume for a moment that I'm a townie.  You're proposing to lynch a townie because I could shoot another townie?  You yourself suggested that I would only shoot where the consensus agreed and if I diverted from that it would mean my lynch.

So why the reversal on your thought process?  The most obvious explanation is that I am actually what I say I am, and I'm easily vetted (your words earlier).

Now, turn it around.  Say I'm a SK.  Everybody knows it, including mafia.  You think they're going to let a player with a night kill NOT on their team stay alive?  Hell no.  Why would you propose doing mafia's work for them?

Just figured out SK meant serial killer and there is another possible role in this game.

Head Explode GIF by memecandy

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Verbal said:

Sometimes the SK has a vest to protect them from 1 kill as they are alone

OK, now I have some thinking to do on the quiet vets.   

2 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

Is it possible that there would be a scum with vigilante-like abilities? I.e. the scum could take out two people with night kills?

Don’t give them any ideass

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Verbal said:

Then I can skull**** your corpse!

Confirmed SK

• Upvote 1

Man everyone got blood thirsty real quick.  

gay pride GIF

1 minute ago, Verbal said:

That's not going to work.  Logically I should holster, but I'm down for more dead bodies as well.  If the consensus is to shoot, I'll shoot.

Why do you think you should holster?

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company