Jetsfan80

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Mafia - Game Thread

Vote pdxgreen because he’s unlucky number 13 on the list of players, but more importantly because **** Dan Marino

48 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

In hindsight I should have made @jvill 51 Teenage Mutant Ninja Bortles.

B0DDjKoIl8MwJkfUvBYAaiCFlr9P2d8YrC7RJ_Ns89MV-HTSzLTRoZHw0SjQeYlpJjsucuwKmHKiuLNNTl65WpJbbI4BCewsnCfwPtR7eIQ78MtU_C9w3L2rF73NxrLPy5WwQDNu7J-bJ_yiWgA-dAU

The name's actually a reference to Jonathan Vilma made way back in the old JI days. I actually have no connection to the city of Jacksonville except for the fact that as a Jet fan I find this picture extremely relatable:

534221.jpg

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

@JiF is extremely disappointed to learn this.  

Nothing wrong with Jacksonville except that when I just searched for interesting Jacksonville facts to use to insult @JiF they were all too boring to even bother with except this one390784383_ScreenShot2020-02-04at4_37_08PM.png.a63679098acc2ca997c752e1e678d39a.png

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, CTM said:

It's pretty easy to follow, the basics on the players in this game are below. Its just riffs from there. Its dumb as sh*t but been entertaining us idiots every offseason for years 

Crusher  = fat and has been e-dating jif for a decade 

Jif  = stoner twink, crushers bottom 

80 = middle aged virgin, pathological fapper. Likes to organize community faps and nearly shut down site because of it

Spoot = beaver, pervy incel who is looking for a ukranian bride (he once posted a screen shot with an ad)

CtM = noodle dancing hippy, ruins everything 

Gata = takes everything literal, failed turing test, likely a bot as there are no girls on the internet 

Verbal: pasty white, skinny fat acne ridden Ken doll. Larper. Fantasy novel addict. Prone to histrionics and blind lunches 

Smash: stubborn, hot headed, hard headed, block headed. Lots of things that end with headed 

Stark : somehow has avoided being made into a character, which suggests he might be less outlandish of a personality than most here, more likely hes as entertaining as a potato in real life 

If I'm forgetting anyone rule #14*

* means gfy

Unvote pdxgreen @pdxgreen because I'm guessing he's considered one of the newbies if he didn't make your list, so I'm essentially wasting my round 1 vote.

Vote Gata @GATA because I've seen enough bad sci-fi movies to know the machine/robot will slaughter us all after she inevitably comes to the logical realization, if she hasn't already, that a gang of freakishly mutated turtles led by a deranged overgrown sewer rat is the actual threat.

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, GATA said:

Or A-I is the way of the future.

🙄

wkUSC.png

• Haha 4

Unvote GATA I'm fine saving the machine for later on the off chance that I've misread the situation and she's actually Arnie from Terminator 2 instead of the original.

More practically, seems like the game won't really begin until someone dies and the top two candidates seem to be Verbal and CTM as I don't think anyone else has more than 1 vote against them. My vote's for sale, who's got a reason why I should vote one way and not the other? (NOTE: it's also literally for sale, as in I'll take money)

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, CTM said:

Verbal is a masshole from MA, CTM from NYC area

The choice is clear

Compelling, until...

1 hour ago, Verbal said:

Whoa, hold the phone.  I'm from Rhode Island.  Don't you dare lump me in with those massholes!

On the one hand, we have a false accusation by CTM. On the other hand, Rhode Island is close enough to MA that Verbal could very well be guilty by association. Given that no one else has come to any of your defenses, there's only one fair way to decide this... Verbal, what's your baseball team?

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Verbal said:

Yeah well, how about this, dickwad - I'm a vigilante.  If you don't want this bullet in between your eyes, unvote me and let's try to lynch scum instead.

To everybody else - I'm a town vigilante.  I knew 2 things when 80 sent me my role PM:

1.  He'd get a laugh that I have a gun and he's not in the game for me to shoot. (bastard)

2.  I'd have to reveal D1 with this many new players as the vets would rely on the meme lynch of me as my normal other option for D1 meme lynch (80) is not playing.

So lots of laughs for 80 and some sobbing into my pillow for me.  Don't lynch a town PR.

This seems important, but more importantly...

12 minutes ago, Verbal said:

I was a Hartford Whalers fan until the team moved, but I refuse to root for the Hurricanes so I decided to root for the Atlanta Thrashers instead (division rival).  When the Thrashers moved to become the "new" Jets, I also moved to root for them.

So you see, I'm a Jets fan as well.  

*mic drop*

You’re not a Bruins fan.

Vote CTM He seemed eager for somebody to get killed and volunteered himself if not you yesterday, so I’ll honor his wishes.

3 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

I'm probably not gonna lynch Verb. Whether he's telling the truth or not will eventually be settled. Either scum will shoot him to remove the threat, or we'll see a counter-claim or shot by the real Vig. And, if we never see more than one shot a night moving forward, then we can consider the possibility he's lying and there's no Vig at all. The only scenario in which leaving him alive could be dangerous for town is if he's a SK*, but I don't think 80 would put one in a game with this many noobies.

I'm inclined to believe Verb for now, as a Vig is a very powerful role for Town.

*SK = Serial Killer : A serial killer is a 3rd party solo role, which means they are on their own team and don't win with either Town or Scum, and have their own win condition to be the last player alive. A serial killer will also have a gun.

Yeah I don’t see the benefit to killing Verbal right now. Either he’s telling the truth and we’ve thrown away a potential valuable weapon, or he’s lying and playing the game out should show that and make him an obvious target. Risk of killing him now far outweighs any potential benefit.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JiF said:

Have you played before? 

Played in one of the first games 10+ years ago on JI, so I’m at least a little familiar with the mechanics even though I don’t know all the different roles. Are you saying my logic on not killing Verbal today was wrong though?

3 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Protecting him is not the right play. Town vig can be vetted. They can also be as dangerous to town as they can scum. 

It might not be the right play, but if Verbal is telling the truth the scum now know that and it's better for everyone for scum to have to at least consider the possibility the doc would protect him. Assuming for argument's sake that Verbal is telling the truth, the worst possible scenario is that the scum know for certain that the doc won't protect Verbal and they get a clear shot on him. So to me, it's more suspicious for someone to try and lock the doc into a decision. 

• Post of the Week 1

10 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

if the scum team has some vets on it they would know that a free shooting Vig is actually more of a risk to town than scum early simply because there a are more of them. Bottom line is if Verb is the vig he needs to shoot from a board consensus or be lynched.  Vig becomes more dangerous to scum as the number of town dwindles. 

Good point. I don't have a problem with anyone debating the merits of who the doc should protect, but trying to lock the doc into not protecting Verb would take away one of the advantages he/she/machine has here and seems a bit suspect to me.

• Upvote 1

This is all fairly entertaining and thought-provoking and all, but I was promised we would get to kill people. Can we do that?

22 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Funny to me how Verbal isn’t getting more votes. Ok, “if “he is the Vig, he’s a townie who can shoot one or multiple times. Sounds great but he has no more insight than anyone else in the game. With that he also has the potential to kill a townie each time he shoots, 77% more likely to hit townie than scum. Upside he will count as a townie for endgame. Pro tip- scums not letting that happen. 

Smash had an ok point about about Verb not using the claim as scum, a power role to expose  Cop or Doc is always better . 

So... chances are he’s either a townie big with a 77% chance to hit Town  each time he shoots or possibly a serial killer. Serial killer is basically a vig but does  not win with town. Has his own win requirement. Kills town or scum not really caring. 

Now, the play the mod 80 factor. He and Verbal  have a history of shooting eAch other on the reg. . I believe he gabe  Verbal a gun, but not a vig, doubt he made him a good guy. Verbal is a serial killer most likely. He needs to be lynched. 

Now, I’m town and you may Lynch me today and that’s fine. I will flip town and you should look at those first three in my train. Nobody had a case on me, except Crusher must be scum because he’s mad or salty. For.  you new guys, that’s not a case. Plus Brick and JVOR jumped in for no reason at all. Very little to no explanation.  

So,  that’s all I got. Choose wisely. 

If he is the Serial Killer, don't we effectively have him dead to rights? If he shoots before we tell him to shoot, or someone other than who we tell him to shoot, he's obviously getting lynched the next day. Only way that's really dangerous to us is later on when the numbers are dwindling.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, GATA said:

we don't control shots only the person with said role does

I get that, what I'm saying is as soon as he strays from our directives he's as good as dead the next day anyway.

But the idea that there could be a vigilante AND a serial killer definitely changes my thought process on the situation. Need to mull it over.

42 minutes ago, GATA said:

Yes & no, basically at this point trust no one . Based on that notion a vigilante will also be cautious of who he shoots. Some so much that they may hold their fire one night.

What town does is try to read into what the players say to get an idea of who "KNOWS TOO MUCH".  Scum/Mafia knows who is in their team. But at least Town holds majority.

And if perhaps the crazy virgin (80) is that blood thirsty their might be a 3rd party (Serial Killer) he wins being the last man standing.

Is it possible that there would be a scum with vigilante-like abilities? I.e. the scum could take out two people with night kills?

Ok so here's how I see the various scenarios:

1. Verbal is lying, is scum: We should be able to find this out soon enough, but the longer we wait the more chance it gives the other scum to manipulate the situation and set themselves up for down the road.

2. Verbal is lying, is serial killer: Again, he's not much of a risk to us in the short term. As soon as he goes off script, he's dead. BUT, that also gives him the option to stay on script, earning trust and keeping himself around for longer when he can do more damage. Scum will know he's not one of them and try to take him out, but the chances he draws doctor protection go up, making everyone else more vulnerable.

3. Verbal is telling the truth, is vigilante: Obviously a benefit but really not a big one. We'd need to find out soon, meaning directing him to shoot into the crowd where odds are we're giving the scum a free extra night kill, and scum won't let him stick around long enough to be that much of a threat whether he can shoot more than once or not. It'd be nice to have a confirmed non-scum to reduce our lynch options, but we'd always have to be worried that he's the serial killer. PLUS, if there is a serial killer out there as well, he can use Verbal to stay in the shadows for longer and manipulate.

I'm not really worried about letting him stick around, but I'm also not seeing much benefit. Is it better to lynch someone else Day 1 when there's not much to go on and we're most likely lynching town anyway? Or take a shot at lynching Verbal, where the potential benefit is high if he's lying and the downside is low even if he's telling the truth? I'm gonna play the odds.

Unvote CTM. Vote Verbal.

5 minutes ago, Verbal said:

Incorrect - allow me to explain why:

1.  Scum would be much more likely fake claim Doc or Cop to try and gauge reactions and draw out the real Doc or Cop via counterclaim or just seeing who reacted strongest.  Highly unlikely option.

2.  That never happens.  Town will not allow a SK to live past a few phases.  In other words, if I didn't start shooting scum, I'd be lynched with a quickness.  A D1 revealed SK, even if fake revealed as vig, would never be able to win the game.  Highly unlikely option.

3.  This is the scenario.  A benefit, but not a big one is absolutely correct.  That said, it has the POTENTIAL to hurt scum and therefore scum will want to take me out if they can't get me lynched; therefore, it makes sense to keep the vig around longer and allow it to shoot at a consensus target.  Regardless of that result, I'm fully expecting to eventually be killed by the scum team as the longer a vig stays alive, the more likely the chance they start hitting scum with their shots.

If you're playing the odds, you need to go with the most likely scenario, which is #3.  #1 is a no-no for scum to do, and #2 is the only other potentially viable situation, but unlikely because if scum haven't killed me after a handful of nights, the town can just lynch me and I'd lose either way.

As I'm a townie, I don't mind dying to help the town win.  BUT.....the smart move is to let the mafia team deal with me.  Don't do their work for them.

Yeah I probably should have put the probabilities in there but I agree with your assessment it goes in order from least likely to most likely. At the same time, whoever we lynch is most likely town. And while there is benefit for keeping you around if you are telling the truth, it's also largely offset by the cost it will take for you to prove your claim: potentially giving scum an extra night kill if we pick the wrong consensus target (plus, scum will have the ability to influence this target, increasing the chances we pick wrong). Plus, if there is a serial killer out there, there's the additional cost of him getting an extra free kill without having to reveal his existence at night.

I still might change my vote, but I'm comfortable with it right now.

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The moment Hamato Yoshi (The Ape) entered the scene as a confirmed innocent, CTM's demeanor completely changed.  All he wanted to do was to remove the hominid from the game.  

"He'll sh*t all over the place.  It'll ruin the sewer life for our Turtle friends!"

"Dude, why are you going after Splinter's trainer?  Hamato has done nothing wrong."

"He'll distract us from our plans to fight the Foot Clan!  Hell, he'll probably get all of the Turtles killed before we can find Shredder!"

But the Ninja Turtles and their allies weren't listening.  They pounced on CTM.  But he was able to get a couple last sentences out before they smothered him:

"Beyonce was better in Destiny's Child!  And f**k you 80 for making be a goddamn Noodle armed Pennington!!!"

CTM - Charles Pennington, April O’Neil’s boss (Vanilla Town) has been lynched. 

340?cb=20190305022102&key=365cee11bd7411

giphy.gif

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Beaver said:

Why waste the shot?   Is it just one shot or are there multiple shots?   And how do we know if the scum are not the ones trying to get the vigilante to waste his one shot?

The way I see it, we'll need him to take the shot anyway to prove he's not scum. If he's not scum, they won't let him hang around long enough anyway to the point where we can get enough info to really make a good decision. So better to just have him take the shot now so we can confirm him as non-scum and go from there.

I don't think we know if he has one shot or multiple shots.

I'm sure the scum are trying to get him to take the shot, so I'm kind of thinking it might be better to have him make the decision on who to shoot on his own, rather than let the scum manipulate.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, jvill 51 said:

The way I see it, we'll need him to take the shot anyway to prove he's not scum. If he's not scum, they won't let him hang around long enough anyway to the point where we can get enough info to really make a good decision. So better to just have him take the shot now so we can confirm him as non-scum and go from there.

I don't think we know if he has one shot or multiple shots.

I'm sure the scum are trying to get him to take the shot, so I'm kind of thinking it might be better to have him make the decision on who to shoot on his own, rather than let the scum manipulate.

6 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

So early in the game it's not a good idea to shoot but if verbal wants to vet himself at the possible expense of shooting town thats a bad play to which verbal alluded to himself . 

According to JIF and Verbal Im a prime candidate because I tried to help new players by putting numerous scenarios out there to help the learning process and somehow that's scummy and I disagreed with JIF which always gets him to vote me in just about every single game we play . If he can play the Meta game on me I can play it on him as well.

Keep in mind the ONLY thing a shot proves is that Verbal has a gun and the ability to shoot it DOES NOT make him 100 % town since there are other 3rd party roles (SK) and even scum roles that allow players to get shot dead and they are not out of the question in a 20 player game.

I was under the impression this wasn't an option. If there's a scum role that can shoot that changes everything and we probably should have lynched him Day 1.

1 minute ago, GATA said:

We’re openly discussing the shot said person would have to defend themselves

Yeah if we do it that way not much different than having another lynching. Sure we'd run the risk of forcing another reveal but we'd be facing that risk anyway with the next lynch.

• Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, BrickTamland said:

You guys ****ed up. Dammit I like ctm 

12lv.gif

4 minutes ago, GATA said:

For Those who have not voted

I think we should make everyone put their names to their votes

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

I work nights so I wont be here if I get run up and thats not going to end well

Sounds a little like fear mongering

27 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Spoot, jvill, and justend are scummy in skim read. I think.

Obviously, I’d shoot at CTM’s train @Verbal. In particular, those lingering around deadline that didn’t Really help but are suddenly directing the vig shot.

FCD6D160-2762-4B62-BF52-782354B424D4.gif.2c82017e27a5a9eeb96148d075e3503a.gif

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I think it was a post by you that pinged. You or dels

Alright, just wanna suit up before the feces start getting flung

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Verbal shooting someone does NOT vet him at all. Veteran players should know this full well and if any are arguing it does vet him, they’re stupid or scum.

If verbal cannot holster, then he should shoot me to ensure he doesn’t hit a power role, if y’all aren’t confident he can find scum on his own.

There are countless scenarios for why this doesn’t vet him. Make some of these clowns explain how it does. 

Unshoot Smash

If there’s some possibility we’re missing something aside from the serial killer/scum-version vigilante scenarios I’d like to know that before deciding

Just now, jvill 51 said:

Unshoot Smash

If there’s some possibility we’re missing something aside from the serial killer/scum-version vigilante scenarios I’d like to know that before deciding

And Jesus ******* Christ there better not be I’ve had about 4 too many whiskeys to think through another one

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company