Jetsfan80

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Mafia - Game Thread

11 minutes ago, BUM-KNEE said:

Welcome aboard the Titanic

It’s not so bad

yet

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, BUM-KNEE said:

Yeah the food is wonderful and the band sounds fantastic. A little chilly for strolls on the foredeck though.

6 minutes ago, ID. said:

“Up in the Bronx, where the people are fresh, there was one DJ who had to pass the test
And now he's down by law and he's ready to play - that's right, y'all, his name is AJ

What do you guys think about how Day ended?

in terms of the big picture

17 minutes ago, CTM said:

Not so well. He lied and some elements of town have decided him lying yesterday and being proven a liar makes it less likely he's lying now.

I mean, he’s pretty much gotta die now. Town needs that resolution otherwise this will continue to dominate the game imo 

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, ID. said:

For me, it was a bit chaotic and confusing.   As a ‘noob’, trying to figure out basic game-play, the concept of the roles, what they are, who they are affiliated with, is a bit overwhelming.

All good. Best way to learn is to jump in and swim!

or drown

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

15 minutes ago, ID. said:

Thanks for the link, this goes back to my earlier question/comment - that anyone can claim any one of those 176 roles for this game.  It’s then up to us to vet them

They could, sure. But then follow up question is always "does that even make sense?" It's not just as simple as claiming a role and that's that. You've gotta consider the source material (this can be dangerous by itself), what roles are already claimed/dead, that person's play, did another player counterclaim, etc.

20 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:
Spoiler

I argued the point for quite a while as you probably already know. I did not lie about anything (and I tired to breadcrumb as much as possible as not to give too much information to scum) I simply played the game as the game dictated. The way CTM was having fun with the whole situation and egging me on (which he admitted) is what ruined it for town and any chance I had to reveal my role as unlynchable. His stoneheaded approach to the situation really opened things up for scum IMHO I think that much is obvious. I made the decision not to reveal when I got run up for the simple reason (as I stated numerous times ) they would have had to lynch me or attempt to lynch me just to vet my claim. Me revealing would not have changed anything at all so based on the circumstances I opted for shock value instead. If that makes me scum in some players eyes then so be it. Just like my poor use of words in my first reveal of Role Cop x1 I said "follow" instead of "Investigate" I stated why that happened and I answered every question put to me. As it stands now I am a x1 role cop and unlynchable. If people don't believe me they have 3 options 

1. Which is worst option for town is they attempt to lynch me again and let another day go by tomorrow without a possible Scum kill/lynch or any good information a vote count would give.

2. Have Verbal shoot me and risk losing a power role that could confirm many roles within the game notably Cop and Doc therefore if a scum player reveals cop or doc I can preserve anonymity of said roles by investigating the claim while the real Doc or Cop lay low keep them safe from scum potential role block and kill

3. Leave me alive to use my role.

Yes the role cop is impossible to vet since it has a 1x use but if I can save the cop or doc from being outed or catch scum in an outright lie is it worth it to shoot me ?

If it does not make sense to any of you why I held back my unlynchable role as I described then please tell me why when it was 100% obvious they would have gone through with the lynch anyhow. Nothing left to explain since I obviously avoided said lynch

I'm not going to rehash everything that's happened over the last 30-40 pages. I am firmly in the camp that wants to see you dead because frankly, I don't think keeping you alive is going to help me (or others) get a clearer picture to solve this thing. I don't care much how you worded the reveal ("follow" vs "target"), and I can agree that if you had claimed to be lynch proof that it would've only resulted in the same ending. What I care about is that you are claiming a role that I don't think would be Town. Role Cop utility is much more scum sided. Couple that with being Lynch Proof and it really stretches my threshold of belief.

IF you are Town, I think you've burned that bridge and as others have alluded to it will be very hard to trust your results even if something did arise where you could prove yourself, which is no guarantee and not something I'd be willing to gamble on. You're better dead and vetted than left alive for something that might not even happen. I also don't believe your lynch proof power is unlimited, but I get why you'd keep that to yourself either way. But that cat is already out of the bag so it's usefulness is gone.

Regarding CTM, we'll see. I haven't ruled either of you out as scum nor have I forgotten his change in play once he subbed back in for one of his original suspects. He went from sh*t posting D1 to gunning hard for a guy who was already under a lot of heat. Good bus play opportunity imo.

Either way, I can't put the pieces together until one or both of you are dead. That's all I'm gonna really say on that.

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, GATA said:

@Verbal who are you thinking about shooting 

Stop fishing

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, CTM said:

good post overall, but i was lynched on day 1. Minimal content to react to when i went out plus I wasn't taking the game seriously. it's 50% noob and the mod inserted a mod confirmed townie 1/2 way through day 1 and is a known derp. Hardly the stuff of serious mafia, which I don't even subscribe to anyway. I play for fun.

From the sidelines i thought smash's suggestion to holster was ridiculous, his narrative that we couldn't vet verbal ridiculous (particularity from a guy who now claims he can vet verbal), his role reveal was ridiculous and didn't fit with game and finally his defense was ridiculous.

I came back with an actual firm read because a lot more actually game play had occurred. Not sure anything about this doesn't make sense

I get that D1 is more or less a crap shoot and that later on reads develop more firmly, I'm just calling it as I see it. This is all stuff I've considered in the event of a scum!Smash death scene. I'm not suggesting that if Smash flips dirty that we should crucify you immediately but as a self-proclaimed busser with a change in gameplay after taking over a new slot - it makes you wonder.

Hopefully we get some resolution soon otherwise this is just gonna keep going in circles.

• Like 1

Also FTR all the pearl clutching about Verb accidentally shooting Town was pretty bad to read. Don't get me wrong, that shot was ******* awful (<3 you Verb) but still.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

14 minutes ago, GATA said:

@Spoot-Face thinks I can be scum (I think the same

You agree? Busted

Let's wrap this up, fellas.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Verbal said:

Yeah, it was bad.  I was hoping for a hero shot tbh, and it failed miserably.

I see why you did tbh. I had the added benefit of reading the game with flips so as N1 went by I could see what was bugging you. FWIW I don't think the group you named was all bad. Even purely from a numbers standpoint there has to be at least one scum in there.

6 minutes ago, GATA said:

I think the same of him . 

No take backs

2 minutes ago, CTM said:

his last post to the gerbil is bothering me. Very supportive/helpful to vetted dude with a gun, ultimately said nothing though. Obviously if any townie names 5 people at this point there's good chance scum in there. Seemed like buddying up.

I dont know his meta though as I was expecting the whirlwind of stupid that is zander

I’m saving that for later

Verb and I go back a ways from playing on DM. His reason for shooting kdels makes sense knowing what I know about him. That’s cheap talk since he’s vetted already but I just came into the game so I can finally say these things

• Haha 2

He’s 1x. Blew his wad killing kdels but at least he drew the NK versus someone else

It’s in the death scene lol. 1x Vig

but no, he was playing like he had more bullets. Good on him for that

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, CTM said:

hahahaha... holy crap i was so annoyed no dead smash i didn't even notice. 

I think the correct mechanical play there would’ve been to protect Verb but given this cast I’m not super surprised that wasn’t (possibly) the case. 

still, eating a NK after he was out of bullets was a pro move. Wouldn’t hate to have another vetted townie voice during the Day but still not the worst possible scenario

sucks we gotta waste another Day on Smash tho

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

vote smash

sup dude

20 minutes ago, CTM said:

If verb is 1x and smash claims he's full on unlynchable the right move it to speed lynch smash..

there's 2 options

1) He dies at which point he almost has to be scum due to claiming not 1x

2) He doesn't die which means he has to be town or 80's game is broken worse than any game in the history of JN. you can't have unlynchable scum with a 1x vig

We risk 1 more townie death to either kill scum or vet an unlynchable townie. It's a no brainer

I would agree with everything except lying about being 1x means auto scum. Verb lied about having more shots. I don't think he's unlimited but I do think he would say that as either alignment. I would.

2 minutes ago, GATA said:

@Verbal whisper in my ear who you would have shot. ;)

Fear kill ^^^

2 minutes ago, CTM said:

i was kind of hoping to see how he reacted to that but thanks ;)

Oof.

I'll shut up now

7 minutes ago, Beaver said:

Ok bot.    There is a lot of heat on smash and rightly so.   But my gut tells me CTM is playing off smash as both being scum and I think Stark is in with them.   However I also think You and Spoot are in a team of some sorts so maybe you guys are the scum and a doctor protected Smash.   How he isn’t dead from the lynch before doesn’t make sense.  I’m still mulling that one over.

I think due to the long delay in replacing Brick, AJ is vanilla town and he is also making a lot of sense in his posts.   I am shocked too that Verbal only had one shot, but I guess he played that pretty well and now the scum wasted their kill which is good.  
  I still have no suspect on Jvill but pdxgreen has been laying low the whole time so he is starting to be suspect to me.   Of course that could mean I am suspect as last night and today I have been real busy so I have been quiet too.

And I typed most of that out to type this.  Since I had to type this out on an iPad I’m leaning on voting GATA

sorry I haven’t been

First bold: There are some roles that give abilities to prevent someone from dying. No player would be completely un-killable (in my experience) but it's not unheard of for players to be able to survive a lynching or getting shot. To have one in a game that's supposed to be Vanilla is a surprise but it also probably means it's limited in usage.

Second bold: My thoughts as well. I was really hoping we'd confirm Smash by now (with a scum flip hopefully) because this guy was next up on my radar in that scenario. I don't like his pop-in posts or that he's been mostly voting off wagon all game.

@pdxgreen let's chat boo

Actually yeah, can we talk about how you arbitrarily decided that the scum team has to be 3 vets & 2 noobs? @GATA

16 minutes ago, A.J. said:

First bold: There are some roles that give abilities to prevent someone from dying. No player would be completely un-killable (in my experience) but it's not unheard of for players to be able to survive a lynching or getting shot. To have one in a game that's supposed to be Vanilla is a surprise but it also probably means it's limited in usage.

@Beaver Should also mention, like CTM said, if Smash is legit Lynch Proof (meaning he can only be killed by getting shot at Night) then he is almost 100% Town. Having a scum that cannot be lynched - which is Town's only real way of killing scum in most cases - would be gamebreaking and I would literally sh*t in 80's Cheerios every chance I got from here on out.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, GATA said:

so when I said this is what I think that is me calling it fact foh . I’m giving my opinion if there’s 4 Vets ok but I would think 80 would split them up 

just say if you do or don’t agree 

Gonna say I disagree just based on

R A N D O M D O T O R G

I mean is it common for Mods to handpick who gets what roles on JN? Cause that's not how it's supposed to be done.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Drums said:

Vote Smash

Time to die, brah. 

An angry village is a strong village.

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, pdxgreen said:

Well I was suspiciously of Crusher and Verbal but they are gone... is CTM still in this?   He keeps posting but I can't tell if he's just commenting?

CTM took over for Crusher.

3 minutes ago, Jetscode1 said:

Is Smash dead yet?

It's close.

Got any more 8 Ball magic?

22 minutes ago, pdxgreen said:

Because I don't want to go back 5 pages... why is everybody jumping on Smash?

5 minutes ago, Beaver said:

He won’t die

Lol this sums it up pretty well

24 minutes ago, CTM said:

so is scum bussing or have we got it wrong lol.. the speed of this train is making me a little nervous

Only one way to find out

• Upvote 1

Unvote for now

I think that’s L-2 now. Doesn’t hurt to let everyone check in at least

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

Vote Smash

People have said it before but smash is becoming a real distraction for the town. We need to be able to move on and get other things done because we’ve had like 30 pages of arguments with him. He seems very on edge too which for me seems scummy. No reason to be all over the place like that if you’re town. 

Besides Smash what are some other things you’re thinking about?

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company