Jetsfan80

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Mafia - Game Thread

3 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

Nothing wrong with Jacksonville except that when I just searched for interesting Jacksonville facts to use to insult @JiF they were all too boring to even bother with except this one390784383_ScreenShot2020-02-04at4_37_08PM.png.a63679098acc2ca997c752e1e678d39a.png

Anyone know how long that ‘Duval’ chant has been around?  Has no idea what they were saying the first few times I heard it, thought it was a players name...

2 hours ago, JiF said:

It's the county of the city.  I've been in the city for 12 years and it started gaining steam around that time.  2-3 years later and it was the tagline of the city.  Everyone says it at their concerts and stuff.  Celine Dion even did it at her recent show. 

Thanks, it’s cool.  Definitely different than the usual chant.

8 hours ago, Jetscode1 said:

Could also vote Crusher.  Magic 8-ball did confirm Verbal is scum.  Please vote him now.

Yo, since it’s 1990, I brought out my fresh 8-Ball jacket.  sh*ts dope, told me to vote Verbal as well...

870165B5-53A8-4DC8-9DAB-F35670F25B99.jpeg

• Post of the Week 4

2 hours ago, The Crusher said:

GFY

That’s rule #14, right?

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, jvill 51 said:

Unvote GATA I'm fine saving the machine for later on the off chance that I've misread the situation and she's actually Arnie from Terminator 2 instead of the original.

More practically, seems like the game won't really begin until someone dies and the top two candidates seem to be Verbal and CTM as I don't think anyone else has more than 1 vote against them. My vote's for sale, who's got a reason why I should vote one way and not the other? (NOTE: it's also literally for sale, as in I'll take money)

How about a sweet 8-Ball jacket? 

4 hours ago, kdels62 said:

Unvote JiF

Vote Verbal

So, is there a limit to how many times we can change a vote?

2 hours ago, CTM said:

Verbal is a masshole from MA, CTM from NYC area

The choice is clear

“Smaht Pahk - look it’s ghost cah!“

loved that commercial

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Not typically.  Usually all the votes get knocked down to 0 out of "respect" for the new player starting fresh.  That's how I'll be doing it, if/when a player gets replaced.

Players can still feel free to run that player back up with votes, but they'd have to do it all over again for the new player.  

Sorry if I missed this, but if the player that’s replaced has a special role, that new player inherits the role?

1 hour ago, Verbal said:

tl;dr

Let scum be forced to NK me.  Doc can choose to either self protect or play mind games with scum and protect me as I'm not going to shoot wildly into the crowd on N1 and possibly hit a townie.  I'll wait until I have a good suspect pool before I shoot.

Don’t laugh, but is this an example of a train?

1 hour ago, Verbal said:

I was a Hartford Whalers fan until the team moved, but I refuse to root for the Hurricanes so I decided to root for the Atlanta Thrashers instead (division rival).  When the Thrashers moved to become the "new" Jets, I also moved to root for them.

So you see, I'm a Jets fan as well.  

*mic drop*

As a fellow hockey player and Islander fan, I may need to unvote you.  Sad day when the Whalers moved, but the economics plus Bettman’s push for non-traditional markets, sealed their fate.

Only thing I can do, is play you a song...

• Upvote 1
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, GATA said:

100% all roles are put together to level the plainfield so Power Roles (pr), regular vanilla town ( no role VT) & scum (mafia) balance the game.

So a sub takes the role

Thank you and everyone else for being patient with us noobs!

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1

Sorry, another ‘noob’ question:  

So, anyone ‘claim’ a role, like vigilante.  Are there any repercussions if they’re lying about it?  Are they automatically lynched?

Thanks

12 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

8 minutes ago, JiF said:

Thanks!

20 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

This is starting to Drag we have like 6 people voting and 13 not contributing we should figure this out so we can get this game moving

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29953127ded9424cab30

14 hours ago, Maxman said:

Hey the no cursing rule is related to us having lost advertisers in the past. So that still does apply in this forum.

Maxman ever omnipresent...

3 hours ago, GATA said:

We’re still here JoyousDrearyBurro-size_restricted.gif

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

You remind me of the suits who include dozens of useless charts in a PowerPoint just to dress up their unconscious bias to look like more than just an opinion.

Better than a PowerPoint slide consisting of a 1,000 words, AKA the eye-chart.

Vote: Shoot GATA

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, Verbal said:

It's a long story, but I used to threaten putting a #2 pencil into people's left eyesocket.

Why the left?   Did it have anything to do with TLC’s Lisa “left eye” Lopez (God rest her soul)?

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, BUM-KNEE said:

Meaning the way you explained his way of playing as Town, and how its actually playing out now with him.

It just made sense to me.

This reminded me of the scene in Goodfellas...

”What do you mean I’m funny?  Funny how?  Like a clown, I’m here to amuse you”

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Thanks. I’m at the emergency vet with my pup right now. Fingers crossed.

Sorry to hear that, hope everything goes well!

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Jetscode1 said:

You need to get him to L-1.  

Hasn’t he been at L-1 since last night?  Where’s the hammer?

23 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

I am unlynchable and I am town  and yes I still have a 1x Role Cop

What a vanilla game this is huh chan stick that up your SCUM Hippie Ass

Just so I understand this, a Role Cop can’t be killed?  It’s like a doctor, with a gun?

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Stark said:

no this is not true.... it just so happened that Smash had a "unlynchable" perk. I posted a link a few posts up about that.

there is still no guarantee smash is Role Cop .. this just makes it more cloudy now.

Thanks, just read it.  So it could be Lunchproof, Deathproof or Bulletproof, but we don’t know if it’s 1x or infinite?

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Lair Sid And Marty Krofft GIF by MANGOTEETH

Is that from the Never Ending Story?

15 minutes ago, GATA said:

We have a doc that's not as far fetched 

I think we have a doc based on whoever voted and commented "the doc"

Sorry if I missed this, but do we know how many & what roles are active for this game?  I know it would make it easier for a noob like me, but I could see where it could take away from the in-game options of making claims

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

What you're referring to is an "open setup", where the Moderator reveals pre-game what roles there will be, how many scum there are, etc.

I considered that.  But it's far too late into the game to reveal that information now.  That's something the moderator has to do prior to the start of the game.

17 minutes ago, Stark said:

no we don't. and unless it is an "open set-up" from the mods first post you will likely never know all the roles until the endgame. You can't assume people are always telling the truth on claims unless it is vetted... for example.

If you claimed to be town doc, then i posted that no, I was the town doc and countered. one of us would be voted out most likely immediately. say you were lynched and you were revealed as scum that would more than likely clear me as town doc, but then again there is always the chance that I could have been a scum team mate and we set that scenario up for me to gain towns trust.

Thanks to you both, very helpful!

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, A.J. said:

What do you guys think about how Day ended?

in terms of the big picture

For me, it was a bit chaotic and confusing.   As a ‘noob’, trying to figure out basic game-play, the concept of the roles, what they are, who they are affiliated with, is a bit overwhelming.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, GATA said:

here babes 

https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Category:All_roles_and_modifiers

Vanilla T (is just Townie) 

the flavor of the game comes with all the back and forth and the lies. 

Try to follow your hunch.

At the end of the day this is just a game with a bunch of nerdy ppl playing make believe. 

Thanks for the link, this goes back to my earlier question/comment - that anyone can claim any one of those 176 roles for this game.  It’s then up to us to vet them

1 hour ago, Stark said:

well they are not here yet. Wife isn't Due until June. all the "extra" appointments are over until March for now.

Baby "B" is going to require a procedure within days of birth. Baby "A" is fine 

I

All the best with the babies and the procedures!  Twin Gemini’s,  good luck with that 😀

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, GATA said:

I would think to protect a 1x cop yes thats a possibility 

Not negating that he could be a x1 lynch as well as scum

But he did bread crumb the surprise

^ yes & if you do and we catch you . 

That's an authomatic lynch 

Gotcha, thanks!

When you say automatic, is that literal or does it still require a team consensus/vote?

8 minutes ago, A.J. said:

They could, sure. But then follow up question is always "does that even make sense?" It's not just as simple as claiming a role and that's that. You've gotta consider the source material (this can be dangerous by itself), what roles are already claimed/dead, that person's play, did another player counterclaim, etc.

5 minutes ago, GATA said:

Usually, the next day starts and everyone one goes full throttle voting that 1 person even scum teammates since there's no choice left but to lie.

Makes sense, thank you both again!

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, Jetscode1 said:

I'm sorry to disappoint.  Right now, I've voted Spoot so he's my #1.  PDX is next.  Mainly due to their interactions with me.  You've been a little flighty the entire game.  Hard to read.  Nolder is my top choice for town.  I'll trust AJ for now.

Isn’t Nolder confirmed Town?

“Replaced by @Nolder:  Mod-confirmed Vanilla Town (Hamato Yoshi, Splinter's trainer)“

• Upvote 2

43 minutes ago, GATA said:

Though the angry beaver claimed he was tunnel visioned etc on me. I don’t buy how he was so quick to support Smash when we had a higher shoot consensus. I’ve expressed why I peg him as scum. 

@Beaver doesn’t seem to be an angry person, I don’t think he voted for you.

• Upvote 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company