Jetsfan80

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Mafia - Game Thread

15 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

I like you. You have a self awareness I find refreshing

Careful, i’m pretty sure that’s how he gets the hookers to let their guards down before he goes silence of the lambs on them. 

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

Yeah, me not willing to lynch a potential Town PR make me look bad.

Like I said earlier, his claim will work itself out. We can always lynch him down the road if cracks in his claim start to show.

This totally. If he’s a sk he has absolutely no game left. If he’s scum, he’ll hopefully get lynched at some point unless we get noobed at the end. If he’s town, mafia won’t want to keep him alive cause of the risk long term. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, CTM said:

if you are going to case me no taggin in dan, i can't handle that kind of heat

I said that as a joke actually. I’m starting back at page 14 and just realized that you were the leading vote getter lol. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

If verb was scum he would have claimed Doc or Cop not friggin Vig 

Not to belabor the point, but Verbal would totally be the type of dude to make this claim just to survive a few more day cycles.

setup is possibly vanilla, but scum could have a valuable power where it would be Of value to keep them alive longer to make use of it (rolefinding, etc). 

regardless i don’t want to lynch him today, but it bothers me when the logic isn’t totally thought through all the way especially in a game full of new players. 

2 minutes ago, CTM said:

i do find smash's posts odd and pingy. That part wasn't messing around. My top 3 was semi serious

Weird of Smash to engage early, even weirder if he's scum but pings a ping

You guys put some substantive posts out there so it's something to react too. Frankly I don't get the hullabaloo over gerbils reveal. Gata had a weird reaction to it, jif dug into it in a way that seemed townish. Crusher still playing  ape jr, lack of meat maybe?

Out of convenience what was your top 3 again? 

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

FWIW and I'm not sure if you're there yet but my reaction to this isnt because of the role Verb claimed.  Vig is fine or whatever, it was how he sold in his post using 80 and the following posts where he's pleading for doc protection in a game full of newbs.  It was just gross and super pingy. 

Doc directing is pretty anti-town as an action. Would agree about that. Smash’s reaction so far seems off to me in general, from what i expected but who knows it’s early. 

6 minutes ago, CTM said:

i don't know if pleading is the right word but my thoughts were the same, why float doc protection in a game with lots of noobs who might just listen.

I don't remember verbal being that brazen as scum seems more likely he was just being a dope, but who knows

And again, hes' gotta call his shot in the morning soo...

I half considered just lynching you because it feels nice when that happens. pied piping noobs is your scummy gig. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, CTM said:

I'm down. Not going to fight it, i think someone needs to get got

I know, but I think so far i’m having a similar early read on the game as you which makes me lean town for now. I initially read Gata as slightly suspicious with her vote placement as well. Don’t know her too well though. 

4 hours ago, The Crusher said:

36 days without meat except a dozen wings for the Superbowl? I think I'm handling myself well. I decided to lay off the fish for another month because I lost a ton of weight and honestly feel really good. 

Oh god Who are you? I’d be mad too if i didn’t eat meat for a month. Lol

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

F**k it, let's do this!  We're going full WWE right now.

MOD NOTE:  The Ape has entered the game as a mod-confirmed Vanilla Townie.  

Ape will be assigned the following character:

Hamato Yoshi, trainer of Splinter.  

latest?cb=20130525110856

Looks like we got the vig shot planned now. 

• Haha 3

43 minutes ago, Nolder said:

Day 1 Vote Count

Crusher (5) - Stark, Spoot, Verbal, kdels62, Brick
CTM (5)- JustEndTheSuffering, Drums, jvill 51, GATA, Crusher
Verbal (2) - ID., BUM-KNEE, 
Jif (2) - Smash, JC
Smash (2) - CTM, Jif
JVOR (1) - Beaver

Not Voting (3) - JVOR, pdxgreen, 32EBoozer

With 20 players alive, it takes 11 votes to lynch.  

DAY 1 DEADLINE TO ACHIEVE A LYNCH:  Friday, 3 PM EST

I voted smash back there For vote three on him fyi. Thanks for the vote count though. 

It’s not even a question, verbal HAS to shoot a town-directed target. Having not shoot is the worst case scenario, we learn nothing tomorrow and he gets to skate by with the same scenario tomorrow if he’s scum. It’s highly suspicious that he’s even floating this as an option as it is highly anti-town. 

• Upvote 4

The way i suggest we do this is either

option a: public vote where we see where everyone stands with a shot target. We see where people stand with votes and mafia has to take sides somehow so it gives us info versus an anonymous poll

option b: let the mod confirmed townie pick since we unanimously know that a townie made the decision without question of motive. (Barf) but ok as a general principle. 

option c : just let batman pick so he finally shuts up about it. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Smashmouth said:

So you have no problem Verbal shooting with town direction and possibly shooting a town power role ? Obviously there is a much larger percentage of town that can be shot but it's better to just shoot than holster because you need to know what verbal is ? 

So tell me if verbal shoots and kills a townie, because the odds say he will, you going to be the one to say whether he's an SK or a Vig  or the slight possibility he may be scum as well ?? is taking a shot that has a bad percentage a good idea to still have doubts the next day phase ?

If you feel Im scum for asking these questions then fine that's your prerogative. I never agree with bad percentage play

Sk has no game admitting to being vig dodo bird. You think he is surviving to end game with 21 players with a win condition of being a lone survivor with one other when everyone knows he has a killing ability? 

What are the options you are even worried about with him shooting into a crowd of people. Hello, this is mafia, our voting percentage is low to at the start. If he’s town, if we direct him as a whole that is essentially equivalent to us voting as a town for a lynch target just during night phase. 

what you are suggesting is he holster and derp derp we face the same challenge tomorrow with no information gained. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Verbal said:

I think you just made my point for me?  For Christ's sake, there's a poll out there to identify if I should shoot at all or not.  And then I'd happily go with the consensus, so what's your point if not just reinforcing mine?

Distract distract that’s all your day one was. I don’t even know if that means you are scum, but that was what your play was  For me for day one either alignment. You spent more posts defending a reveal than actually trying to scum hunt imo. But it’s whatever. 

Not to kick the dead, but CTM also rolling over and trying to meme lynch ape and starting a t-minus 30 minute lynch on smash wasn’t his best game as a townie either. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Verbal said:

So JVoR says I'm being highly suspicious, but then explains to Smash that it doesn't make sense for me to be a SK.

Is everybody planning on contradicting themselves in this game?

What i’m saying is regardless of alignment your play on day one was anti-town. You are highly unlikely to be a sk since i think you’re more intelligent than that. So that for me leaves either one.

I don’t frankly care looking too hard at you for lynch since if you’re town you’ll eventually die or be an asset. If you’re scum, You holstering is a way to delay the town’s decision on you. 

• Upvote 1

Please dispute this holster proponents: 

how is an organized Majority vote at night phase to direct the target much different than What we do as a town on day phase? 

4 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Really ? SK has a shot obviously so if verbal was an SK and getting run up in votes it makes total sense to claim Vig because then he can look like town and possibly Vett himself in the process by shooting who he said or town directed shot. Makes no difference to an SK who the hell he shoots so what's the problem here ? What would you claim as an SK ? Cop Doc ? WTF

Honestly what would you claim as an SK ? 

Try your logic thought process but insert Verbal as mafia. Arguing about what you are talking about is making me lose brain cells. Thank you. 

Just now, Verbal said:

Nah there's more to it.  Scum are more likely to fake claim Cop or Doc.....SK really wouldn't do that as they don't have a team that can take advantage of this after they're dead.

So you're arguing apples to oranges.  I hate that you just made me defend Smash.....

Why are you both being obtuse about this. The worry is you are Potential mafia fake claiming vig. Not you are a sk claiming vig. Obviously that is illogical. 

• Upvote 1

Smash: i think it’s likely that if he were scum he’d claim cop or doc instead so i believe him. 

It’s not usually done because town has a way of vetting his truth telling abilities or not whereas it’s harder to decipher with fake doc and cop claims. 

Also smash: let’s do the one thing he can do if he were potential scum to get away with it for longer by not vetting his ability. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

Verbal shooting someone does NOT vet him at all. Veteran players should know this full well and if any are arguing it does vet him, they’re stupid or scum.

If verbal cannot holster, then he should shoot me to ensure he doesn’t hit a power role, if y’all aren’t confident he can find scum on his own.

There are countless scenarios for why this doesn’t vet him. Make some of these clowns explain how it does. 

The value of your role is that you’re not getting lynched and that your alignment is a guarantee town vote.

You are suggesting, if verbal is town, he does the dirty work for mafia by shooting you. You realize mafia has to eat it and shoot you at some point if Verbal is telling the truth as town. That’s one night THEY would have to spend in this scenario letting a potential cop or doc get to live a night. 

If Verbal is scum faking vig, let’s say tomorrow rolls around and you are the only dead body. What does that tell us exactly? Scumverbal in this scenario can claim oops guess the result was inconclusive help me pick a target tomorrow guys. 

Also, for the math: if verbal is town vig, let’s assume 4 or 5 scum as the standard is typically around 25 percent scum roughly speaking. Since he doesn’t have himself or ape in a sane world as scum targets, he actually has a 5/18 or 4/18 blind probability of shooting scum tonight.

Let’s say there is Two power roles other than Vig in this game. That is 2/18 random probability he shoots power role. that would leave in general 11/18 chance in a five scum setup he shoots vanilla townie. 

this is mafia guys. First of all there is no blind random possibility because this is a game about information. You are educated guessing with information at hand to help guide your decision. As town there will never be a decision where vig could shoot into a majority of scum since  they’d have already achieved their win condition. 

• Upvote 1

I think crusher and smash voting to holster after i’ve detailed the rationale as to why it is objectively bad for town should tell you all you really need to know as to who should be shot/lynched first imo. 

I have zero issue breaking down further why this is the case if anybody is confused. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

@Jets Voice of Reason

Let me ask. Is it weird to you that you’d explain this, then Gatapoop would echo it in this way?

I’d like to see it play out first. The echoing Itself in a vacuum isn’t suspicious.

Her not picking a candidate while making the statements she is was making me want to observe It further. But thanks for jumping in and calling her out on it before there’s a whole lot of evidence to go off of. 

What holster equates to is you guys saying: hey, let’s no lynch during day phase cause we might run up town and i don’t want to take that risk. 

the percentages are exactly the same. No holstering if vig was hidden is a viable strategy. If verbal is town and is role revealed, the strategy changes since we can basically do the same thing At night phase in an organized way. 

Fwiw i was voting and suspicious of crusher and smash for more than this holstering talk. Hence my votes on day one. They both are playing suspiciously, smash is just most obviously for me right now. 

5 minutes ago, GATA said:

😂I made the poll,  & gave my Reasons why. Currently, there’s only a handful of us talking id like to see more from everyone else before casting my vote. 

Idc what you want to call out do it.

Which is possible. But i wanted to see what you did first without anyone saying anything about it. Thanks ape. 

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company