Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Mafia - Game Thread

6 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

interested i need it GIF

3 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Having a little beaver to pet would give anyone a moral boost.

so i guess that whole Ukrainian bride thing still hasn't worked out? In the meantime, do us a favor and not spray the thread with musky rodent pheromones

kthx

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, CTM said:

image.png.e8e70a25b45dfb7415f403cd064d0a1d.png\

team blockhead doesn't bus.. attn noobs, it's usually not shooting fish in the barrel when it comes to scum, they are supposed to not vote in unison

There really wasn't any coordination to vote that way, as I recall. I tried to vote for my own reasons. I genuinely thought holstering would've been better for Town.

Look at it this way, should Verb have holstered, kdels would've been alive, and Verb would've had his shot available to shoot Smash when his lynch failed.

So, holstering would've ended up saving 2 Townies, and maybe even the game for Town.

But, what do I know, I'm only a scummy beaver.

6 minutes ago, CTM said:

so i guess that whole Ukrainian bride thing still hasn't worked out? In the meantime, do us a favor and not spray the thread with musky rodent pheromones

kthx

That'd be like asking you to stop ruining things.

Neither is gonna happen, and, contrary to what people say, if either of us actually stopped, people would be a little sad.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

There really wasn't any coordination to vote that way, as I recall. I tried to vote for my own reasons. I genuinely thought holstering would've been better for Town.

Look at it this way, should Verb have holstered, kdels would've been alive, and Verb would've had his shot available to shoot Smash when his lynch failed.

So, holstering would've ended up saving 2 Townies, and maybe even the game for Town.

If I didn't vote holster I think I would have had a shot. You made sense there though haha. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, JiF said:

Game was over when scum made the wise decision to kill me.  Town was screwed after that.

Gg 

Jif every game: “Smash is scum, I’m Batman!!!!!”

When smash is scum, everyone else: “Smash is scum. We know.”

When he is town, scum be all: “Let’s use Jif to ravage the town.”

I never realized before now that jif is just the other side of the same coin from smash.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Spoot-Face said:

Yeah there was no coordination on that vote.   I really didn’t know the game yet and in my head only one shot was a waste.  That’s why I kept asking that question.   It didn’t occur to me that scum would go after verbal as claimed vig and I was actual scum.   Just goes to show you how clueless I was.    But I did throw in noobie questions as coached to throw off the scum scent.

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

In case they haven't been posted yet:

Scum Thread:  https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/4HyU9PC7g2J

Dead Thread:  https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/shrXqrEv98uNk

@Spoot-FaceYou played well behind the scenes...congrats.  awesome commentary about the strategy/emotions of the game.  Game is downright maddening.    

@Nynaevegreat game again...think I found another of your tells...hope to share it with you soon.  Once I bust you at late game.  You always seem one step ahead of me.  lol

• Upvote 4

11 minutes ago, Jetscode1 said:

@Spoot-FaceYou played well behind the scenes...congrats.  awesome commentary about the strategy/emotions of the game.  Game is downright maddening.    

Thanks, man. I appreciate it. I feel like I had a better grasp of the game after I got killed, though, lol. It's a lot easier when your own neck isn't on the line.

I definitely feel like I could've played better, but I have that very active style of play that makes it harder to hide as Scum. In retrospect, I shouldn't have tunneled on you so hard, but I feel like it's something I would've done as Town, too.

Now that I know that you were VT, I guess I can no longer lean on the 'ol "JC is hiding so is either Scum or PR" meta. Props to you if that was an intentional play to change up your meta.

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Thanks, man. I appreciate it. I feel like I had a better grasp of the game after I got killed, though, lol. It's a lot easier when your own neck isn't on the line.

I definitely feel like I could've played better, but I have that very active style of play that makes it harder to hide as Scum. In retrospect, I shouldn't have tunneled on you so hard, but I feel like it's something I would've done as Town, too.

Now that I know that you were VT, I guess I can no longer lean on the 'ol "JC is hiding so is either Scum or PR" meta. Props to you if that was an intentional play to change up your meta.

I'm really not that attuned anymore to my meta.  Just play when I can.  Unfortunately, the new/old job (been almost half a decade now) prevents me from posting most days (day shift anyways).  I do not have the energy of my youth to continue posting most nights.  You played well.

• Upvote 1

Good game everyone, great game to some of you.

Some of you newbies left me very impressed and some of our vets played phenomenal games as well.

You know a game is excellently balanced and played when you've got a 20 person game and it comes down to 3 way lylo.

Thank you for modding @Jetsfan80 and sorry again for bailing on you and everyone here.

I was in a really bad headspace where like...I felt like I'd done a lot of work because I had been asked to pick up my game and then when I was convinced that I'd had something worth bringing to the table no one cared. And my problem was that I wanted to at least talk about it because I had put a lot of time and effort into what I thought I had. But everyone else had moved on. And that was obviously the right call and I don't hold any grudges over that but at the time it was flabbergasting and infuriating. I was getting too mad over a game and if I had stayed I would have only gotten worse. 80 can attest that I was emo as **** when I bowed out I would have been worse than useless I would have sucked all the fun out of the game and I knew that wasn't fair to anyone. I'm better now but yeah I needed a few days to get my head straight.

@GATA I'm sorry for coming at you so hard and letting my anger get the better of me. I let the fact that this is just a game slip and I was dipping into being a real a$$hole to you. I was totally convinced I was right and I didn't want to hear anything else from anyone let alone from you. I hope you wont hold it against me but I wouldn't blame you if you did. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2

Does that dude Nolder really have narcolepsy? Love his

No but I do have actual issues sleeping which I don't really feel like discussing. Basically I am often lacking sleep and very tired and I have fallen asleep at my computer many times while reading/posting for mafia games.

Still not sure why calling out JC’s error (not knowing Nolder was confirmed town) has led me to be suspicious...

It wasn't an error that's the thing it's just a matter of wording. He put me in his "town" pile or whatever right? Something like that. With the implication that that could change or that I wasn't confirmed. It didn't bother me because I knew what he meant. I think this is only something a mafia would pick up on and nitpick and that's what clued us in to our scum status.

ID: it shouldn't have made you look suspicious. It was a weak play by one of the laziest players in the game.

I disagree on both counts. JC is lurky and often busy but I don't think of him as lazy. As for making him not look suspicious. It made him look very concerned over my status in town whereas JC was just making a list for others to see where he was at. Basically he got caught casting shade when he shouldn't have been. You can't argue that it shouldn't have made him look suspicious...because it did. It was the reason we singled him out. 

Agree Spoot, and this Nolder upvoting JCs comments pisses me off. Wtf??

Sorry. It was nothing personal I just wanted JC to know I was agreeing with him without actually making a post going hey man yeah thats a good post way to go. Like those would be dumb fluff posts that would get in everyones way. It was my way of communicating with JC that we're on the same page without clogging up the thread. It wasn't meant as a dig against you.

Nolder should be kept alive until you kill the Doc. He says he's lost, anyway, although that could be a clever ploy on his part to not seem a threat to Scum.

Lol I wish I was even that smart.

Do people really take this game personally? Looks like some are getting a little edgy in the forum.

It happens. Usually we can come together at the end of the game and talk it out. Some people still hold some grudges. Some people have quit and never come back. This is a very intense game sometimes.

• Upvote 1

What would killing off Nolder get them? He's just thrashing around permanently fixated on gata despite all the evidence to support her being town. I don't see how he helps town or hurts scum?

That's the thing, no one wanted to give me any of that evidence. I found out that they thought cop viewed her through context no one actually told me until I asked and even then I had to go back and read to find out he never actually cleared her they were just treating her as cleared. And sure I get it maybe I should have known some or all of that stuff but I had already said before that these big games really throw me through a loop and it would have taken someone all of two seconds to say the things they thought cleared Gata. No one wanted to bother taking that time which is part of why I was so frustrated. It felt like I had just been cut out of the game all the while people were asking me to put in more and more effort.

• Sympathy 1

27 minutes ago, Jetscode1 said:

I'm really not that attuned anymore to my meta.  Just play when I can.  Unfortunately, the new/old job (been almost half a decade now) prevents me from posting most days (day shift anyways).  I do not have the energy of my youth to continue posting most nights.  You played well.

I thought you played well, too, once you got engaged.

Wish I could do **** all for the first two game phases and then come in and nail scum. :D

This game was really fun. I'm hoping this is the game that revitalizes JetNation Mafia.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Nolder said:

Some of you newbies left me very impressed and some of our vets played phenomenal games as well.

You know a game is excellently balanced and played when you've got a 20 person game and it comes down to 3 way lylo.

Thank you for modding @Jetsfan80 and sorry again for bailing on you and everyone here.

I was in a really bad headspace where like...I felt like I'd done a lot of work because I had been asked to pick up my game and then when I was convinced that I'd had something worth bringing to the table no one cared. And my problem was that I wanted to at least talk about it because I had put a lot of time and effort into what I thought I had. But everyone else had moved on. And that was obviously the right call and I don't hold any grudges over that but at the time it was flabbergasting and infuriating. I was getting too mad over a game and if I had stayed I would have only gotten worse. 80 can attest that I was emo as **** when I bowed out I would have been worse than useless I would have sucked all the fun out of the game and I knew that wasn't fair to anyone. I'm better now but yeah I needed a few days to get my head straight.

@GATA I'm sorry for coming at you so hard and letting my anger get the better of me. I let the fact that this is just a game slip and I was dipping into being a real a$$hole to you. I was totally convinced I was right and I didn't want to hear anything else from anyone let alone from you. I hope you wont hold it against me but I wouldn't blame you if you did. 

Dude, you subbed in late to a 100+ page game. That sh*t is not easy, don't be so hard on yourself.

I played from the get-go and had a hard time.

All those times in the game where I was saying "I struggle with high-roster games" was not just scum posturing. It was true lol.

You earnestly tried to read back and build a comprehensive and well-thought out case (more than most subs would do). So, it was wrong. You put in the effort, and you made it entertaining. Those two things are the ONLY things that matter here.

Glad you're back now, and not gonna "retire" like @Smashmouth

Hope you sign up in the next game CTM is running.

• Upvote 1

Godfather was a possibility i was aware of but did you see how paranoid these new players are of bussing? Announcing that when people like Nolder is ignoring cop’s breadcrumbs is insane and the one pathway we had to lose this game.

But why would you even assume the cop had breadcrumbed?

No seriously. We were playing with a bunch of newbies and there would be no one to coach them as town.

You don't think it's a bit of a stretch to expect breadcrumbs from a newbie cop when even a lot of vets don't do it?

And yeah ok I was wrong and you guys were right but piggybacking off that last post no one wanted to explain that or talk about it with me you just...idk you guys were expecting too much from me I guess and I'm sorry to say I'm not really that great at mafia. Never have been. If someone had just reached out and helped me out a little we probably could have wrapped up the game for a town win and much quicker. We're supposed to be part of a team and instead ya'll X'd me out and so I ended up frustrated and went off the deep end instead of being an asset. 

Just sent GATA a warning over this post:

"I’m not

I basically revealed days ago and technically before a couple of flips with a similar character.

I mentioned it to Nolder too how could scum know this they’re not told characters and roles"

Should have warned her much earlier for character hinting.

I still don't understand what this was about. If she revealed anything I missed it because I'm a dumbass.

8 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Dude, you subbed in late to a 100+ page game. That sh*t is not easy, don't be so hard on yourself.

I played from the get-go and had a hard time.

All those times in the game where I was saying "I struggle with high-roster games" was not just scum posturing. It was true lol.

You earnestly tried to read back and build a comprehensive and well-thought out case (more than most subs would do). So, it was wrong. You put in the effort, and you made it entertaining. Those two things are the ONLY things that matter here.

Glad you're back now, and not gonna "retire" like @Smashmouth

Hope you sign up in the next game CTM is running.

Thanks for the back pat but it makes me feel more sh*tty than better tbh.

I wasn't just wrong. I was an a$$hole about it. That was the problem.

1 minute ago, Nolder said:

Thanks for the back pat but it makes me feel more sh*tty than better tbh.

I wasn't just wrong. I was an a$$hole about it. That was the problem.

Fair enough, but just about all of us are a**holes when we play.

From my perspective, you really weren't any worse than Ape ever is, or than I was when I was basically insulting JC every time I quoted him. Not just trying to make you feel better here. I honestly don't think you went overboard, but maybe it's not for me to say.

6 hours ago, Nolder said:

Nah bb hence why I continued trying to make you play. Idc it happens to the best of us. It’s cool

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

5 hours ago, Nolder said:

I still don't understand what this was about. If she revealed anything I missed it because I'm a dumbass.

I was a pizza I hinted and later went back to delete that I mentioned cheese and being yummy lol 

• WTF? 1
  • Haha 1