Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Mafia - Game Thread

Day 1 Vote Count

• Verbal (7) - GATA, Smash, JC, ID., BUM-KNEE, kdels62, Brick
  • CTM (4) - Crusher, JustEndTheSuffering, Drums, JiF
  • Crusher (2) - Stark, CTM
  • Jetscode1 (2) - Verbal, Spoot
  • SR24 (1) - Beaver

Not Voting (4) - SR24, pdxgreen, 32EBoozer, jvill 51

With 20 players alive, it takes 11 votes to lynch.  

DAY 1 DEADLINE TO ACHIEVE A LYNCH:  Friday, 3 PM EST

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Day 1 Vote Count

• SR24 (1) - Beaver

If there's no player with enough votes at the deadline is the person with the most votes lynched or does nothing happen and the mafia kills somebody during the night time without taking a hit?

If SR24 doesn't respond by the afternoon I'll probably reach out for a replacement.  He viewed his Role PM yesterday but I don't believe he's posted in the game thread yet.

@Nolder is available to jump in.  @Jets Voice of Reason and @Integrity28 also said they could play, but JVOR said he'd be very low activity and Ape said he'd refuse to catch up on the game, lol.  

7 minutes ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

If there's no player with enough votes at the deadline is the person with the most votes lynched or does nothing happen and the mafia kills somebody during the night time without taking a hit?

Its up to the Moderator.  In some games, if no majority is reached, we go with a "Random Lynch", where all players would be equally susceptible to being the lynch.  Other Moderators just go with no lynch happening.  

Since we have so many new players, I don't want to run a 50 % risk of hitting one of you all with a random lynch, but I also know we need dead bodies in a game of this size.  So I decided to let the players direct it.  Thus, the highest vote getter at the time of the deadline will be the lynch.  In the event of a tie, it would be a random decision between the tying vote-getters.  

If the deadline had already passed just now, Verbal would have been the lynch.  But you guys have until tomorrow at 3 PM EST to determine if you still want to lynch Verbal OR want to run up someone else.  

Note that the moment 11 votes is reached, someone is lynched.  Hence why you've seen it referred to by the term "Hammer Vote" in this game previously.  The 11th vote is the "Hammer" that kills off a player.  Once the Hammer Vote is reached, someone is lynched and the day is over.

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, Verbal said:

Yeah well, how about this, dickwad - I'm a vigilante.  If you don't want this bullet in between your eyes, unvote me and let's try to lynch scum instead.

To everybody else - I'm a town vigilante.  I knew 2 things when 80 sent me my role PM:

1.  He'd get a laugh that I have a gun and he's not in the game for me to shoot. (bastard)

2.  I'd have to reveal D1 with this many new players as the vets would rely on the meme lynch of me as my normal other option for D1 meme lynch (80) is not playing.

So lots of laughs for 80 and some sobbing into my pillow for me.  Don't lynch a town PR.

This seems important, but more importantly...

12 minutes ago, Verbal said:

I was a Hartford Whalers fan until the team moved, but I refuse to root for the Hurricanes so I decided to root for the Atlanta Thrashers instead (division rival).  When the Thrashers moved to become the "new" Jets, I also moved to root for them.

So you see, I'm a Jets fan as well.  

*mic drop*

You’re not a Bruins fan.

Vote CTM He seemed eager for somebody to get killed and volunteered himself if not you yesterday, so I’ll honor his wishes.

Day 1 Vote Count

• CTM (5) - Crusher, JustEndTheSuffering, Drums, JiF, jvill 51
  • SR24 (1) - Beaver

Not Voting (3) - SR24, pdxgreen, 32EBoozer

8 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Its up to the Moderator.  In some games, if no majority is reached, we go with a "Random Lynch", where all players would be equally susceptible to being the lynch.  Other Moderators just go with no lynch happening.  

Since we have so many new players, I don't want to run a 50 % risk of hitting one of you all with a random lynch, but I also know we need dead bodies in a game of this size.  So I decided to let the players direct it.  Thus, the highest vote getter at the time of the deadline will be the lynch.  In the event of a tie, it would be a random decision between the tying vote-getters.  

If the deadline had already passed just now, Verbal would have been the lynch.  But you guys have until tomorrow at 3 PM EST to determine if you still want to lynch Verbal OR want to run up someone else.  

Note that the moment 11 votes is reached, someone is lynched.  Hence why you've seen it referred to by the term "Hammer Vote" in this game previously.  The 11th vote is the "Hammer" that kills off a player.  Once the Hammer Vote is reached, someone is lynched and the day is over.

^^^ Note that not all days will require 11 votes to lynch.  It's a majority count that depends on the number of players still alive.  So, for example, on Day 2 if 18 players are still left, it will require 10 votes (10/18) for a player to get lynched. 

The game ends when scum equals/exceeds the number of town players, since no majority could happen at that stage.  So let's say we get down to 5 players, with 3 town and 2 scum left.  If the town doesn't successfully lynch scum that day, the game is over and scum wins.  

• Upvote 1

Day 1 Vote Count

• Verbal (8) - GATA, Smash, JC, ID., BUM-KNEE, kdels62, Brick, Beaver

6 minutes ago, Beaver said:

I feel like I'm being bullied with a deadline.   Sorry Verbal, blame 80.

Unvote

Vote Verbal

Please note that deadlines are part of just about every game to keep things moving.  Allowing a game to go completely without deadlines, and/or a Day to drag on for a long while, runs the risk of things getting stagnant.  Once people start dying off the game tends to move quicker, and deadlines might not be needed.  

Also keep in mind that tomorrow at 3 PM EST is a long ways away in Mafia terms.  The game can. and does, shift quickly.  We might get a lynch today; we might get a mad rush at the deadline to get to 11 votes.  It just depends on the activity level.  

I know when Nolder runs games, he prefers a strict 48-hour deadline on Day Phase.  In this case my deadline ended up a little more conservative; the game started on Tuesday morning so it'll end up being about a 76-77 hour window for Day 1 to wrap up.  

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Day 1 Vote Count

• SR24 (1) - Beaver

At a minimum one bitch and one scum on my train. 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Please note that deadlines are part of just about every game to keep things moving.  Allowing a game to go completely without deadlines runs the risk of things getting stagnant.  Once people start dying off the game tends to move quicker, and deadlines might not be needed.  

Also keep in mind that tomorrow at 3 PM EST is a long ways away in Mafia terms.  The game can. and does, shift quickly.  We might get a lynch today; we might get a mad rush at the deadline to get to 11 votes.  It just depends on the activity level.  

It's all good.  My vote was a waste anyway since SR24 is going to be replaced.  Plus I'm curious to see how this goes.

11 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

This seems important, but more importantly...

You’re not a Bruins fan.

Vote CTM He seemed eager for somebody to get killed and volunteered himself if not you yesterday, so I’ll honor his wishes.

I'm good with this

2 minutes ago, Beaver said:

It's all good.  My vote was a waste anyway since SR24 is going to be replaced.  Plus I'm curious to see how this goes.

One thing that's true in all games:  Consolidating votes nearing a deadline is always something people like to see.  Especially the Moderator, lol.  

That's where you see people talking about "Competing Trains".  You want there to be at LEAST 2 potential "lynch options" nearing a deadline, so that the players can easily shift a lynch from one player to another on short notice.  

When the game has been going on a couple days and there are lots of "stray" votes (I.E. a bunch of people with 1 vote apiece), that's always a good time for a Moderator to set a deadline, if one wasn't set previously.

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

One thing that's true in all games:  Consolidating votes nearing a deadline is always something people like to see.  Especially the Moderator, lol.  

That's where you see people talking about "Competing Trains".  You want there to be at LEAST 2 potential "lynch options" nearing a deadline, so that the players can easily shift a lynch from one player to another on short notice.  

Ah.  So that is what crusher was referring to.   I thought he was getting testy over a buffet.

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Remember even if the poster is replaced the player is still on the same game pm.  The names may change but the role stays the same. 

So a replacement player taking over a spot that has 10 votes inherits the 10 votes?

2 minutes ago, BUM-KNEE said:

So a replacement player taking over a spot that has 10 votes inherits the 10 votes?

Not typically.  Usually all the votes get knocked down to 0 out of "respect" for the new player starting fresh.  That's how I'll be doing it, if/when a player gets replaced.

Players can still feel free to run that player back up with votes, but they'd have to do it all over again for the new player.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Verbal said:

Yeah well, how about this, dickwad - I'm a vigilante.  If you don't want this bullet in between your eyes, unvote me and let's try to lynch scum instead.

To everybody else - I'm a town vigilante.  I knew 2 things when 80 sent me my role PM:

1.  He'd get a laugh that I have a gun and he's not in the game for me to shoot. (bastard)

2.  I'd have to reveal D1 with this many new players as the vets would rely on the meme lynch of me as my normal other option for D1 meme lynch (80) is not playing.

So lots of laughs for 80 and some sobbing into my pillow for me.  Don't lynch a town PR.

OK 

Idk why reveal you're a PR so early on you'll just get targeted 

To me if true this is not a good move by you.

w.e if you're not we'll catch your lie 

UNVOTE

15 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Remember even if the poster is replaced the player is still on the same game pm.  The names may change but the role stays the same. 

Man y'all are hitting me with too many scenarios today.   Thanks for the tip.   I did not know this.

• Haha 1

Day 1 Vote Count

• Verbal (7) - Smash, JC, ID., BUM-KNEE, kdels62, Brick, Beaver

Not Voting (4) - SR24, pdxgreen, 32EBoozer, GATA

Day 1 Vote Count

• Verbal (7) - Smash, JC, ID., BUM-KNEE, kdels62, Brick, Beaver
  • CTM (6) - Crusher, JustEndTheSuffering, Drums, JiF, jvill 51, GATA

29 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Not typically.  Usually all the votes get knocked down to 0 out of "respect" for the new player starting fresh.  That's how I'll be doing it, if/when a player gets replaced.

Players can still feel free to run that player back up with votes, but they'd have to do it all over again for the new player.  

Sorry if I missed this, but if the player that’s replaced has a special role, that new player inherits the role?

1 hour ago, Verbal said:

tl;dr

Let scum be forced to NK me.  Doc can choose to either self protect or play mind games with scum and protect me as I'm not going to shoot wildly into the crowd on N1 and possibly hit a townie.  I'll wait until I have a good suspect pool before I shoot.

Don’t laugh, but is this an example of a train?