Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Mafia - Game Thread

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

Vote CTM

Before he ruins the new group of recruits. If you are new to the game  you should vote  him too. 

Attention noobs: Bodyweight plays a role in outcome, crushers tremendous girth can sink the town ship by mid game.  And his lack of personal mobility can slow us down and clog up exit points

Let's harpoon the fat bastard before we end up at the bottom of the ocean

Vote fat crusher 

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

NOTE:  This game will be based on the live action Ninja Turtles movie from 1990. 

129307.png

New York City.  1990.  A crime wave rips through the Big Apple.  While investigative reporter April O’Neil slowly uncovers the source of the increase in crime, the underground, mysterious, ninja Foot Clan, the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles fight crime from the shadows, led by mutant rat leader, Splinter.

As April gets closer to the truth, the head of the Foot Clan, Shredder, orders April to be silenced.  She is attacked by the Foot Clan, but is saved by the Ninja Turtles and brought to their home in the sewers.  She meets Splinter and the 4 Ninja Turtles for the first time.

Now this group forms an alliance and hopes to save the city from Shredder and the Foot Clan.   But can they uncover the villains quickly enough before they finish off the heroes? 

Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles-645x370.jpg

The players:

1.  @CTM

2.  @The Crusher

3.  @BrickTamland

4.  @Stark

5.  @GATA

6.  @Spoot-Face

7.  @SR24

8.  @Drums

9.  @JustEndTheSuffering

10.  @Verbal

11.  @BUM-KNEE

12.  @jvill 51

13.  @pdxgreen

14.  @kdels62

15.  @JiF

16.  @32EBoozer

17.  @Beaver

18. @Smashmouth

19. @Jetscode1

20. @ID.

Wew, that is quite a list. Good luck to everyone including the newer players.

I'm sure I'll be seeing you all within a week.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Compulsory Co-Mods/Subs:  @Nolder, @Leelou, @Lizard King, @Jets Voice of Reason

Rules

1.       DO NOT REVEAL YOUR CHARACTER AT ANY TIME.  IF YOU ARE UNSURE WHAT THIS MEANS PLEASE ASK IN YOUR PM.  You may reveal your role at any time.  Mass reveals are discouraged. 

2.       NO OUTSIDE COMMUNICATION IS ALLOWED.  You can only speak to one  another on the game thread or in a QuickTopic if you’re provided one. 

3.       When voting a player, you must post this in bold type.  For instance:  Vote Jetsfan80.  You may change your vote at any time during the day period.  To change your vote, make sure you UNVOTE.  For instance:  Unvote vote Verbal. 

4.       Each day, you will vote to lynch (remove from the game) one player.  If you are TOWN, You are looking to find SCUM (aka Mafia).  If you are SCUM you are looking to avoid getting lynched.  Majority vote rules.  I.E. if 11 players are alive, it takes 6 votes to lynch.  I will be very liberal about setting deadlines to lynch, since we have new players.  If/when I do set deadlines, we’ll go with HYBRID HAMMER (I.E. highest vote-getter at the time will be lynched.  If there is a tie in votes, I will select by random.org). 

5.       At night, the SCUM team will select a player to kill (remove from the game).  You will make these decisions with your teammates in your QUICKTOPIC (check your PM).  DO NOT reveal to the game that you are scum or have access to a QUICKTOPIC. 

6.       Each night, those of you with actions to perform (check your PM) will have 24 hours to submit your night actions, with the clock stopping on weekends (Friday, 5 PM EST).  If you are unsure if you have any night actions, communicate with me in your role PM. 

7.       The rest you’ll figure out as you go.  Ask lots of questions.  Whatever you do, don’t go off and do something dumb, like get yourself killed. 

8.       Lob lots of insults.  Especially at @JiF, @CTM, and @Verbal

14.  GFY

Just to add onto this for newer players: do not screenshot, quote, or otherwise communicate your Role PM from 80 to prove you are what you say you are. Even if you think you've found a clever way of doing it that isn't strictly against the rules, don't. The spirit of the game is that no one is supposed to be able to confirm what you're telling them about yourself is true until you die and 80 confirms it.

Also if you're going to say or do something but you're not sure if it is or isn't against the rules just shoot 80 a PM and ask him. I have done this many times in games and sometimes the moderator says whatever I was thinking is ok and other times they asked me not to. It's as simple as just checking in. So don't ruin the game for everyone else when you could have just asked! Ok that's all I have to say for now have fun everyone!

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Nolder said:

Just to add onto this for newer players: do not screenshot, quote, or otherwise communicate your Role PM from 80 to prove you are what you say you are. Even if you think you've found a clever way of doing it that isn't strictly against the rules, don't. The spirit of the game is that no one is supposed to be able to confirm what you're telling them about yourself is true until you die and 80 confirms it.

Also if you're going to say or do something but you're not sure if it is or isn't against the rules just shoot 80 a PM and ask him. I have done this many times in games and sometimes the moderator says whatever I was thinking is ok and other times they asked me not to. It's as simple as just checking in. So don't ruin the game for everyone else when you could have just asked! Ok that's all I have to say for now have fun everyone!

MOD NOTE:  Yep, and when you've been lynched, please don't reveal whether you're town or scum until AFTER I write a post-death "scene".  I did it once when I was a newer player and it was not a good idea.  Never did it again after that rookie mistake.

Let me be the one to reveal which side you're on.  It might take me a few hours depending on my availability so please be patient.  

• Upvote 2