Jetsfan80

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Mafia - Game Thread

9 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

What? Why do you think scum is going to shoot him tonight? They've also have a mod-confirmed Townie, and possible Doc and Cop to worry about. With the percentages favoring Verb's shot hitting Town, why would they be so eager to kill him tonight? Not to mention that there are maybe 4-5 scum votes helping to direct the shot to make sure it doesn't hit Scum.

But, okay, I'll play your game for a second. Say Verb takes his shot, hits a likely VT, and vetts his ability. What's your play for D2. Where do we go from there?

The vetting doesn’t indicate alignment, it just indicates that he indeed does possibly have a shot separate than a mafia shot. It verifies ability. 

day 2 you leave him alone, scum hunt, then at night direct his shot again. This forces scum to have to kill verbal at night if he’s a vig since they have to face the risk of a night shooter killing them. 

As a hypothetical here, let’s say verbal is a  scum with a power like rolefinding or roleblocking. There is value for him to prolonging his lynch so he gets to gain info for his team. 

I’m not saying that’s likely but you still have to defend against it as town. Holstering is basically a way of prolonging things for what, Not wanting to shoot a townie when we could just have that townie role claim before verbal submits the shot? 

2 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Why the **** are you answering for her, especially after you got annoyed with Ape for almost doing the same thing with Gata?

Because one of you is voting to holster and adding momentum to that at a pivotal moment with some Very faulty logic. 

1 minute ago, Spoot-Face said:

I don't like the way you are glossing over potentially outing a Town PR this early. Gross.

you guys are all over the place with the probability logic. Your potential to out a true power role is 2/18 if there are just two power roles. Oh sh*t 1 in 9 shot at it. Guess i won’t take that chance (cough we literally have the same probability and lynch during the day with the same probability) but that is somehow less dangerous to you? 

I’ll promise to shut up if smash, crusher, and smoot dispute the math:

day phase voting on day one: 21 players to start. Ape is mod confirmed townie. 20 Total players alive for potential pool for scum. For any townie playing, you Know yourself is not scum. 19 total players alive for you to pick from. If we assume three power roles and five scum, you have: 3/19 chance at running a voting train on a power role. there is 5/19 chance at voting up scum. There is 11/19 chance you vote train a vanilla townie. 

math for a shot tonight: 2/18 voting up tonight to out a true power role if verbal is truly a vig. 10/18 we ring up a vanilla townie. 5/18 chance we ring up scum. 

so... suddenly the risk is scary for you now when presumably the probability to out a townie is less than it was on day one? Why didn’t we no lynch yesterday than if you all were so scared about that? 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

JV I never disputed the math all Im disputing is there is no way to vett verbal and it be trustworthy so my argument is why even bring the MAth into something I deem to be a bad decision based on how the game functions ?

Like I said I would rather you give me a sur fire way to Vett verbal rather than throw math at me I already know

Curious, do you think i’m scum or do you think i’m townie with bad logic or neutral? 

@Spoot-Face  and crusher ask the same At this point. 

2 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

I don't give a **** about the math.

I don't think the benefits of confirming whether or not Verb CAN shoot, and not his alignment, are worth the price of an extra dead Townie, PR or not.

You're just giving Scum an extra NK.

Nope, please answer the question about the math disputing the statement : i’m worried about outing a town power role. 

and the conflict of this statement: there is lower probability we out a power role tonight than on day one. 

Just now, Spoot-Face said:

It's starting to look that way to me, yes.

1. You insist on there being an extra kill tonight, even though you agree that it'll most likely be Town who gets got.

2. You answered a question for Gata (who I'm know looking at as Scum) even though you JUST chided Ape for basically doing the same god damn thing.

3. You glossed over the potential of outing a Town PR, when YOU were the one who suggested that anyone getting the shot from Verb can just role claim.

4. I think you're obfuscating with numbers here, when that's not really the point, and ignoring other arguments.

God Damn it i’m Obfuscating with math again. Forgive me i’m asian, my parents taught me addition before hello and thank you. 

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Again, I'm not talking about the math. I'm talking about what YOU said.

^^

Having a townie role claim before being shot ONLY serves to out/protect a town PR from being shot. And you just casually suggest it like it's no big deal.

That's what I didn't like.

Point taken. In the unlikely event we ring up an actual cop or doc, Let’s muzzle that potential doc or cop in the name of silence. Huzzzzzzah. 

Also would like to point out we have shoot vs not shoot at 5 v 5. Just because people disagree on candidate doesn’t mean they get overruled on whether we shoot. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Smashmouth said:

I'm a one time Role Cop and I was going to follow Verbal to confirm if he was a Vig would have loved to save the action for other claim counter claim like a doc or cop argument but I have no choice but to reveal . Good job Verbal

I mean this sounds like a scum power not a town one. Why would town need to verify what roles are in the game... one time. 

I’m sorry, is no one else underwhelmed with the One time ability to verify someone’s role for a townie? 

and the dude claimed he would try to use it to verify verbal instead of you know finding potential scum presumably with it? Like wtf. 

Smash, spoot, and crusher in that order for me. Wish verbal actually shot someone somewhat suspicious instead of a new player actually making decent observations. Tough to get read on most players though since about 5-7 of them aren’t that active. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

To be fair, I often look like Scum when I play, even when I'm Town. It's mostly just because of how I play. And, despite 80 labeling me a "vet" I'm still quite new to this. I've only been playing four years now, and that is even with a couple of off-seasons where I either seldom played, or didn't play at all. Most of the other vets here have been playing close to 10+ years.

I guess you could call me a "seasoned noob", as I'm still very much learning the game.

Ahh the prejaded years. 

2 hours ago, jvill 51 said:

My main question regarding Smash is how the hell do we vet him? I looked up the role cop online and it seems like it’s just as likely to be a scum role as it is a town role. And if he is scum, who’s to say he isn’t limited to one investigation?

So, experienced players, is there a way to vet him on this?

There is no vetting in most cases. There is a concept called bussing, which is to throw your mafia teammate under the bus for the greater good of looking really clean yourself to go for the win. 

even If Smash sorted out a cop vs cop or doc vs doc situation, it doesn’t automatically mean he’s townie. 

33 minutes ago, Drums said:

I was voting Crusher but 80 made me doubt myself so luckily I have some more time to decide. 

Crusher was scummy and seemed stressed. Decayed Ctm seems scummy and relaxed. Slimmer, but scummy. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Verbal said:

Yes, I can shoot him.

You should google the cast of characters for the TMNT, re-read that scene, and then answer your own question.  ;-)

Because I thought he was super nice....

......why the **** do you think I did?  I thought he was scum.  That was not a good question.

Pac, is that you?

I could still shoot you if you'd like - I have yet to bathe in hippie blood like I mentioned the other day.

Be careful jville, you’re new and trying to learn the game. Seems like Verbal’s type. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Can we please lynch smash. The guy fought harder than anything to not get shot and For what, a semi useless ability for a townie in a game like this? 

whether ctm is newly found evil or not he’s at least for now gonna bus teammates as his Well known fetish as mafia. 

• Upvote 1

I’d also like to point out the curiousness of smash being all but buddies with crusher in the last night phase, but almost immediately when ctm shows up into the game suddenly smash votes ctm. 

i don’t think it’s high probability that smash, spot, and crusher are all scum, but i feel like there is a very strong chance 1 or 2 are. 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Nolder said:

Don't need to vet him, **** it.

All he can tell us is what someones role is not if they are town or mafia. 

It's not even really that useful all things considered and that's if he's even telling the truth which I don't think he is.

This 100%. It’s not useful at all because guess what, we can never vet it for alignment and we would never be able to trust his word for it unless smash showed up dead town. 

8 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Using it now would be a waste, imo, if, in fact, he has it at all. It's a clever ploy, if scum, because it protects him from being lynched until a Town PR is outed and he can "verify".

Clever. Convenient. Whatevs. 

42 minutes ago, CTM said:

Whether it's weird or not lets break the game open with a smash lynch huh? Then you can shoot stark, spoot or me tonight if you think I'm bussing.

This is a log jam at this point, do you really think 80 put a 1x town aligned role cop in a vanilla game and that smash was planning on following you while also waiting to vet a cop or doc?? 

The role makes no sense

The reveal made no sense

People have taken sides, time to validate opinions

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, GATA said:

I’m really interested in the fact we have 2 very different newbies. We have one talking like a pro and a couple out in the woods. I do like your insight and if you’ve picked up the game this fast it’s super commendable. But for now FOS 

anyway I’m reading back on the CTM Vs Stark stuff I saw CTM goes rogue again on Smash will be back 

What’s the analysis here exactly? 

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, CTM said:

Am i the only one that understood what she was saying?

If so, maybe I'm spending too much time online lately 

It’s kind of flimsy but she’s voting smash so idc right now. 

Also, pretty sure you’re wired to a computer so that kind of makes sense. 

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Forget it Gata If you guys don't see all the mafia unwritten rules broken by CTM and how I punched holes in every pile of crap that came out of his mouth. Whats the Point of me being here ?  ...If you didn't see Crusher buddying up to me now being played by CTM and then some use that to casse me ???

You showing me stuff but why ? Just keep your vote there and someone will eventually hammer I don't have the desire or energy to keep saying the same crap over and over.  

Peace Im off to work Ill laugh at my death scene when I get home in the morning

Consider this for one second: what happens if the rest of the players can’t trust you and therefore your information. 

2 minutes ago, CTM said:

He had to role claim to get Verbal not to shoot him. That's how all this started.  @Verbalwas debating who to shoot and said smash, so smash blurted out 1x role cop. That's why he bungled the role cop reveal because it was and is fake. This morning results make it less likely he's actually a role cop, not more likely, but either way his role claim wasn't truthful because he left out something major. 

So why lie then?  Why not just say I'm unlynchable and can be an asset to town at end game. It's way way more powerful town role then 1x role cop

Well, cause Verbal could've killed him right then and there and his role wouldn't have protected him. That's why he lied and i believe took his 1x unlynchable and turned it to 1x role cop. The best lies contain an element of truth after all.

Then, he was stuck in the lie until he realized he was going down. So he played it this way

The whole sequence is anti town, even if he we want to beileve he's now tell the truth after lying through his teeth for 2 days

Remember someone claimed in an old game to be able to protect and investigate. Ye old robocop claim. 

yeah that’s this with can’t die during the day and be able to pseudo investigate at night. 

In any event, imo, it would be fair if mod at least confirmed if changes in general have been made to the setup past ape being added as mod confirmed. 

• Upvote 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company