Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Mafia - Game Thread

4 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

As a big fan of Beaver I'm going to help you here.  What your seeing is a false narrative. I'm not being voted because I've done anything vote worthy but because I'm supposedly angry. One person says it then everyone mimics

Image result for omg he's so angry gif

• Haha 4

21 minutes ago, CTM said:

smh @ all these tallywackers and a damn dirty robot arguing the merits of doc protecting an unverified vig on n1..

Chan you either believe a Vig or you don't . The only way he is Vetted or as you say verified, is if he shoots and previously claims the shot. So what you are saying is simple, don't ever protect a Vig.... because once he's vetted really what's the damn point.

@JiF does not believe Verbal and I am fine with that and If I were in his shoes I would probably not protect Verbal but if the Doc believes Verbal is telling the truth is there a reason not to protect ? I mean we all take chances in this game and if Verbal is Scum hes not going to die either way during the night phase. Also with this early of a claim Verbal who I think is a solid player just opened himself up to being shot in the face by a real vig and I don't think he takes that chance

4 minutes ago, JiF said:

Unvote

Vote Spoot

everyone is pinging that was directing the Doc.  I'll give Verb the benefit of the doubt for now because he will be easy to cal b.s. on later via the use of his shots.  For now, I want anyone that was suggesting the Doc should be out protecting an unvetted Vig on N1.  

I never said the Doc should definitely protect, just that it's a possibility. I will say, though, that I don't have as much experience with Doc as you do. I've only been Doc once, I think, so I'm not sure exactly what I would do. I'm glad I don't have to make that decision.

You're right, though, that the Doc ignoring Verb and self-protecting is absolutely the SAFEST play for them to make. BUT, in the event that Verb is telling the truth and the Doc DOES successfully block the NK on a Town PR, that would be a very positive, albeit risky, play for Town. And, of course, there's the WIFOM that may dissuade scum from taking the shot in the first place.

In a much smaller game, I'd agree that it'd be too risky, as Scum is more likely to be able to pin down the Doc, but in a game this big, the risk, IMO, is reduced; especially with all the noobies. That's all, of course, dependent on whether or not the Doc believes Verb's claim, which you so emphatically don't.

I probably won't say much more on this Doc debate, as I think it's approaching distraction levels at this point.

15 minutes ago, JiF said:

Smash is on that list too for suggesting "it's okay" even though it's not something he would do.

gross

Never did I ever say it was not something I would do. If I believed verbals reveal and I was the Doc in a 20 player game I certainly would protect him. So I'm not sure where you misread my post but I didn't say It was not something I would do.

1 minute ago, Smashmouth said:

Chan you either believe a Vig or you don't . The only way he is Vetted or as you say verified, is if he shoots and previously claims the shot. So what you are saying is simple, don't ever protect a Vig.... because once he's vetted really what's the damn point.

@JiF does not believe Verbal and I am fine with that and If I were in his shoes I would probably not protect Verbal but if the Doc believes Verbal is telling the truth is there a reason not to protect ? I mean we all take chances in this game and if Verbal is Scum hes not going to die either way during the night phase. Also with this early of a claim Verbal who I think is a solid player just opened himself up to being shot in the face by a real vig and I don't think he takes that chance

Protecting him is not the right play. Town vig can be vetted. They can also be as dangerous to town as they can scum. 

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, Stark said:

you can read that scenario in a few ways.

JiF has a legit point, Verb also had a legit claim at L-3 with so many players in a game of 50% newer players.

or

One of them is using the claim to spin/drive narrative to help them achieve a town lynch, and a misuse of the DOC protect role at night on the first set of Night Actions giving scum team a 2 to 0 score on first day. 

Help me understand what I could possibly be spinning or narrative I'm trying to create.  I'm using quotes, from a poster, to develop a very simple case.  I dont like Verb's reveal.  I dont like how he tried to legitimize his role with 80. I dont like that he immediately started (and still is) asking for protection.  WIFOM or not, he's directing the Doc.  It's gross. 

There is literally nothing for me to spin.  I'm stating facts based on posts that I've quoted.  

Spoot and Smash joined it, they both pinged.  I voted Spoot with zero votes on him.  I'm not trying to do anything other than find scum. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

The right move for the game would be for the noobs to eliminate a random vet and let the doc role chill. Force Verbal’s hand and proceed from there. 
Personally, I’d rather eliminate a random noob and hope for the best. 

Right now I'm suspicious of the quiet people.   But I suspect they are a noob like me.   Who are the noobs in this game besides me?  

19 minutes ago, JiF said:

Smash is on that list too for suggesting "it's okay" even though it's not something he would do.

gross

38 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

JIF Verbal revealed with 8 votes L-3 and you think he would do that this early and fake the reveal ? I'm not going to advocate whether a Doc should protect or not but your logic here is way off IMHO "no earthly scenario ?" How exactly do you Vett a Vig ? The only way he is Vetted is when he shoots and kills and at that stage we are not even having this conversation of protection because at that stage he becomes vanilla town and has no reason to be protected. The role of Doc is a role that takes chances and uses percentages to make calls. You can't direct the game based on your assumption  Verbal is lying, the Doc may very well believe Verbal and in that case it makes perfect sense to protect if they so choose especially in a 20 player game and the odds they get night killed are pretty damn low. I know I slightly contradicted myself when I said I would not say whether a Doc should protect or not but your reasoning is flawed so I felt a doc, who may very well be a noob should have perspectives and different opinions

JIF please point out where I said it was something I would not do .... I never said that. Now in the case I felt Verbal was lying of course I would not protect him thats a no brainer

7 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

If I were Doc, that's not a chance I'm willing to take.  Neither would you, so I dont know why you keep bring it up. 

14 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

The right move for the game would be for the noobs to eliminate a random vet and let the doc role chill. Force Verbal’s hand and proceed from there. 
Personally, I’d rather eliminate a random noob and hope for the best. 

What?

I have no idea what any of this means.

2 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Protecting him is not the right play. Town vig can be vetted. They can also be as dangerous to town as they can scum. 

Using the Vetted argument is crazy Crush. At the time a Vig is Vetted there is no longer a reason to protect since his shot is gone. You either believe a Vig claim or you don't . Unless of course you have a way to Vett a claimed Vig before he shoots which is impossible. Can't base an argument on that now can you ?

Just now, Smashmouth said:

JIF please point out where I said it was something I would not do .... I never said that. Now in the case I felt Verbal was lying of course I would not protect him thats a no brainer

I thought you responding "LOL" and me responding "exactly" was your way of saying you wouldnt but but I guess I'm wrong.?   You would leave yourself open as Doc, for Verb.  ooookkkkaaaaayyyyy

Just now, Smashmouth said:

Using the Vetted argument is crazy Crush. At the time a Vig is Vetted there is no longer a reason to protect since his shot is gone. You either believe a Vig claim or you don't . Unless of course you have a way to Vett a claimed Vig before he shoots which is impossible. Can't base an argument on that now can you ?

Are we talking about a one shot vig or a multi-shot vig?

• Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

If I were Doc, that's not a chance I'm willing to take.  Neither would you, so I dont know why you keep bring it up. 

Then we just disagree on how the Doc should be played ... In a 10 player game I may very well balk at protecting in a 20 player game If I believe the reveal I would however protect based on the odds. Its cool man we can disagree on strategy 

3 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

What?

I have no idea what any of this means.

It means I love chaos and I’d rather see how the vets play out their insanity and react to each other’s potentially fake claims then sit around waiting for noobs to stumble around when we have actions to do at night.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

True, but it depends on who the vig is. A more experienced player might be able hit Scum.

Now, if @BrickTamland ever rolls Town Vig, may god have mercy on us all.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, JiF said:

Help me understand what I could possibly be spinning or narrative I'm trying to create.  I'm using quotes, from a poster, to develop a very simple case.  I dont like Verb's reveal.  I dont like how he tried to legitimize his role with 80. I dont like that he immediately started (and still is) asking for protection.  WIFOM or not, he's directing the Doc.  It's gross. 

There is literally nothing for me to spin.  I'm stating facts based on posts that I've quoted.  

Spoot and Smash joined it, they both pinged.  I voted Spoot with zero votes on him.  I'm not trying to do anything other than find scum. 

There's something wrong with you.  I pointed out how that wasn't the case, very clearly.  You are either purposely ignoring posts or you really are just incapable of seeing outside of the tunnel you've created.

As for the WIFOM, you're right.  You might think it's gross, but I disagree.  The murkier the situation is for the scum team, the more difficult their decision on who to shoot is, and the better chance we have at a town-positive result.

Sometimes I wonder if there's some filter on your computer that changes every post you read into something else - that would certainly explain your reading comprehension issues.

I wish you luck.

7 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

I never said the Doc should definitely protect, just that it's a possibility. I will say, though, that I don't have as much experience with Doc as you do. I've only been Doc once, I think, so I'm not sure exactly what I would do. I'm glad I don't have to make that decision.

You're right, though, that the Doc ignoring Verb and self-protecting is absolutely the SAFEST play for them to make. BUT, in the event that Verb is telling the truth and the Doc DOES successfully block the NK on a Town PR, that would be a very positive, albeit risky, play for Town. And, of course, there's the WIFOM that may dissuade scum from taking the shot in the first place.

In a much smaller game, I'd agree that it'd be too risky, as Scum is more likely to be able to pin down the Doc, but in a game this big, the risk, IMO, is reduced; especially with all the noobies. That's all, of course, dependent on whether or not the Doc believes Verb's claim, which you so emphatically don't.

I probably won't say much more on this Doc debate, as I think it's approaching distraction levels at this point.

Apparently there are multiple shots in this game, it's an 80 game which makes me think they're probably even more, so this odds the Doc is fine talk is gross.  The reason I'm so stuck on it is, if a noob is the Doc, they should know that it's risky and probably not worth protecting the guy begging for protection. 

• Upvote 1