Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Mafia - Game Thread

1 minute ago, JiF said:

I was never voting Verb.  I was voting Spoot when you made the tunnel vision comment. lol

I didn't look back for timeline either way it does not make sense you would be hammering on Verbal and voting spoot. Did you have a change of heart on verbal regardless of your vote on Spoot ?

4 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

Yeah, me not willing to lynch a potential Town PR make me look bad.

Like I said earlier, his claim will work itself out. We can always lynch him down the road if cracks in his claim start to show.

This totally. If he’s a sk he has absolutely no game left. If he’s scum, he’ll hopefully get lynched at some point unless we get noobed at the end. If he’s town, mafia won’t want to keep him alive cause of the risk long term. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Smashmouth said:

I didn't look back for timeline either way it does not make sense you would be hammering on Verbal and voting spoot. Did you have a change of heart on verbal regardless of your vote on Spoot ?

How is it lost on you that I can find more than 1 person scummy and that by means of simple logic there is an order in which they should be prioritized?   

Are you ok? 

Just now, JiF said:

How is it lost on you that I can find more than 1 person scummy and that by means of simple logic there is an order in which they should be prioritized?   

Are you ok? 

hey bud you were the one with hard focus on verb based on him being full of sh*t to which you gave numerous reasons . I would think in that scenario you would go after verb ...maybe Im nuts 

i do find smash's posts odd and pingy. That part wasn't messing around. My top 3 was semi serious

Weird of Smash to engage early, even weirder if he's scum but pings a ping

You guys put some substantive posts out there so it's something to react too. Frankly I don't get the hullabaloo over gerbils reveal. Gata had a weird reaction to it, jif dug into it in a way that seemed townish. Crusher still playing  ape jr, lack of meat maybe?

2 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

If verb was scum he would have claimed Doc or Cop not friggin Vig 

Not to belabor the point, but Verbal would totally be the type of dude to make this claim just to survive a few more day cycles.

setup is possibly vanilla, but scum could have a valuable power where it would be Of value to keep them alive longer to make use of it (rolefinding, etc). 

regardless i don’t want to lynch him today, but it bothers me when the logic isn’t totally thought through all the way especially in a game full of new players. 

2 minutes ago, CTM said:

i do find smash's posts odd and pingy. That part wasn't messing around. My top 3 was semi serious

You guys put some substantive posts out there so it's something to react too. Frankly I don't get the hullabaloo over gerbils reveal. Gata had a weird reaction to it, jif dug into it in a way that seemed townish. Crusher still playing  ape jr, lack of meat maybe?

Out of convenience what was your top 3 again? 

Just now, Jets Voice of Reason said:

Not to belabor the point, but Verbal would totally be the type of dude to make this claim just to survive a few more day cycles.

setup is possibly vanilla, but scum could have a valuable power where it would be Of value to keep them alive longer to make use of it (rolefinding, etc). 

regardless i don’t want to lynch him today, but it bothers me when the logic isn’t totally thought through all the way especially in a game full of new players. 

my take- he was run up for the lulz not because he did anything suspicious, claimed a role at l-3 that can be easily vetted +  we get more dead bodies in a game that's going to be a cluster for a bit. No point in taking him out now and depriving us of dead mofo's. 

If he's still alive and kicking when we don't want dead mofo's well then we can fire him into the sun for all I care.

4 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

hey bud you were the one with hard focus on verb based on him being full of sh*t to which you gave numerous reasons . I would think in that scenario you would go after verb ...maybe Im nuts 

Again, I do not believe Verb and I didnt like his plea for protection.  Therefore, I did go after him.  I questioned him.  I just didnt vote him.  I voted Spoot based on his reaction to the situation.

I still think Verb is lying.  That doesnt mean he's the logical lynch today.  He can be vetted and I could be wrong (doubt it).   Right now you and Spoot are pinging for me and because I shouldnt have to explain this to you, I'm voting you.

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

Again, I do not believe Verb and I didnt like his plea for protection.  Therefore, I did go after him.  I questioned him.  I just didnt vote him.  I voted Spoot based on his reaction to the situation.

I still think Verb is lying.  That doesnt mean he's the logical lynch today.  He can be vetted and I could be wrong (doubt it).   Right now you and Spoot are pinging for me and because I shouldnt have to explain this to you, I'm voting you.

seems like town jif so far, visceral reaction, pretty much convinced his gut is right but willing to be practical

17 minutes ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

This totally. If he’s a sk he has absolutely no game left. If he’s scum, he’ll hopefully get lynched at some point unless we get noobed at the end. If he’s town, mafia won’t want to keep him alive cause of the risk long term. 

FWIW and I'm not sure if you're there yet but my reaction to this isnt because of the role Verb claimed.  Vig is fine or whatever, it was how he sold in his post using 80 and the following posts where he's pleading for doc protection in a game full of newbs.  It was just gross and super pingy. 

Just now, JiF said:

FWIW and I'm not sure if you're there yet but my reaction to this isnt because of the role Verb claimed.  Vig is fine or whatever, it was how he sold in his post using 80 and the following posts where he's pleading for doc protection in a game full of newbs.  It was just gross and super pingy. 

i don't know if pleading is the right word but my thoughts were the same, why float doc protection in a game with lots of noobs who might just listen.

I don't remember verbal being that brazen as scum seems more likely he was just being a dope, but who knows

And again, hes' gotta call his shot in the morning soo...

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

Doc directing is pretty anti-town as an action. Would agree about that. Smash’s reaction so far seems off to me in general, from what i expected but who knows it’s early. 

17 minutes ago, CTM said:

Lay off the drugs 

6 minutes ago, CTM said:

i don't know if pleading is the right word but my thoughts were the same, why float doc protection in a game with lots of noobs who might just listen.

I don't remember verbal being that brazen as scum seems more likely he was just being a dope, but who knows

And again, hes' gotta call his shot in the morning soo...

I half considered just lynching you because it feels nice when that happens. pied piping noobs is your scummy gig. 

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Its a bad move for scum because it has little reward. As a scum player if you get attention (high vote count) you want to out important power roles not false claim Vig . So many things come into play, one being the timing (day1) the other being high reward. If Verbal is scum like JIF is insinuating and he claims Doc he easily halts the train. A smart Doc does not reveal just yet because it's way too early top tip your hand to scum as the Doc but Verbal kept himself alive to influence votes on other townies and took the attention off himself in the process. Same thing if he claims Cop. In this game you simply do not lynch un-countered power roles like Cop or Doc it's just too risky. So you tell me why a Vet player like Verbal would do such a thing and claim Vig ? JIF is attacking a guy that warrants no attack based on an assumption he's lying all while doing something dreadfully stupid if he were scum. In the end you have to make up your mind how you see fit.

This make sense but I am new and you can both be scum working together. Look at this scenario: Verbal is scum, as are some if not all of the people that voted for him. Then everyone slowly switches to someone else that they've been targeting from the beginning. I am new but I am a textbook over thinker. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

I know, but I think so far i’m having a similar early read on the game as you which makes me lean town for now. I initially read Gata as slightly suspicious with her vote placement as well. Don’t know her too well though. 

Which vote ? 

10 hours ago, Verbal said:

Yeah well, how about this, dickwad - I'm a vigilante.  If you don't want this bullet in between your eyes, unvote me and let's try to lynch scum instead.

To everybody else - I'm a town vigilante.  I knew 2 things when 80 sent me my role PM:

1.  He'd get a laugh that I have a gun and he's not in the game for me to shoot. (bastard)

2.  I'd have to reveal D1 with this many new players as the vets would rely on the meme lynch of me as my normal other option for D1 meme lynch (80) is not playing.

So lots of laughs for 80 and some sobbing into my pillow for me.  Don't lynch a town PR.

^reveal 

10 hours ago, CTM said:

unvote

vote crusher

^this 1 casually unvotes says nada

///

I unvoted gave my reasoning & voted  who I think is scummy .

Currently, he’s piggie backing off of the self proclaimed Batman. 
Anyway, gl with your reads 

5 minutes ago, GATA said:

^reveal 

^this 1 casually unvotes says nada

///

I unvoted gave my reasoning & voted  who I think is scummy .

Currently, he’s piggie backing off of the self proclaimed Batman. 
Anyway, gl with your reads 

1) vig claim, hoo hum, not much to say, waited to see reactions

2) i voted smash first but yes because of reading his interaction with jif

3) you need a reboot

1 minute ago, CTM said:

1) vig claim, hoo hum, not much to say, waited to see reactions

2) i voted smash first but yes because of reading his interaction with jif

3) you need a reboot

Just say piggy backing ?