Jetsfan80

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Mafia - Game Thread

13 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

More gifs, less lingo

Full House Ok GIF

4 minutes ago, JiF said:

Unvote

Vote Spoot

everyone is pinging that was directing the Doc.  I'll give Verb the benefit of the doubt for now because he will be easy to cal b.s. on later via the use of his shots.  For now, I want anyone that was suggesting the Doc should be out protecting an unvetted Vig on N1.  

I never said the Doc should definitely protect, just that it's a possibility. I will say, though, that I don't have as much experience with Doc as you do. I've only been Doc once, I think, so I'm not sure exactly what I would do. I'm glad I don't have to make that decision.

You're right, though, that the Doc ignoring Verb and self-protecting is absolutely the SAFEST play for them to make. BUT, in the event that Verb is telling the truth and the Doc DOES successfully block the NK on a Town PR, that would be a very positive, albeit risky, play for Town. And, of course, there's the WIFOM that may dissuade scum from taking the shot in the first place.

In a much smaller game, I'd agree that it'd be too risky, as Scum is more likely to be able to pin down the Doc, but in a game this big, the risk, IMO, is reduced; especially with all the noobies. That's all, of course, dependent on whether or not the Doc believes Verb's claim, which you so emphatically don't.

I probably won't say much more on this Doc debate, as I think it's approaching distraction levels at this point.

14 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

The right move for the game would be for the noobs to eliminate a random vet and let the doc role chill. Force Verbal’s hand and proceed from there. 
Personally, I’d rather eliminate a random noob and hope for the best. 

What?

I have no idea what any of this means.

12 minutes ago, Lizard King said:

^DM’er

I only ever played there once, and didn't even finish the game. Couldn't deal with not being able to call anyone an a**hole.

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Protecting him is not the right play. Town vig can be vetted. They can also be as dangerous to town as they can scum. 

True, but it depends on who the vig is. A more experienced player might be able hit Scum.

Now, if @BrickTamland ever rolls Town Vig, may god have mercy on us all.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Using the Vetted argument is crazy Crush. At the time a Vig is Vetted there is no longer a reason to protect since his shot is gone. You either believe a Vig claim or you don't . Unless of course you have a way to Vett a claimed Vig before he shoots which is impossible. Can't base an argument on that now can you ? 

Why are we assuming that the Vig has only 1 shot? I thought it was likely to see multiple shots?

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

Apparently there are multiple shots in this game, it's an 80 game which makes me think they're probably even more, so this odds the Doc is fine talk is gross.

I mean, this is just an assumption on your part. I was assuming this game would be more vanilla, for the benefit of all the noobies. I wouldn't expect more than 2 shots a night. But, sure, playing devil's advocate, if this happens to be a shot-happy setup, than self-protection would be best. I just wasn't even thinking of that.

6 minutes ago, JiF said:

The reason I'm so stuck on it is, if a noob is the Doc, they should know that it's risky and probably not worth protecting the guy begging for protection. 

Fair point, and I think it's one you've sufficiently made.

4 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

JIF in all fairness verbal never begged for protection (he suggested it) nor did he push the issue when you questioned him ...I think you're getting a little tunnel vision here

Eh. Devil's advocate here: Mentioning multiple times that he could be protected could be seen as a subtle way of trying to manipulate the Doc into protecting him. But I agree that Jif is going particularly hard after Verb.

2 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

It might not be the right play, but if Verbal is telling the truth the scum now know that and it's better for everyone for scum to have to at least consider the possibility the doc would protect him. Assuming for argument's sake that Verbal is telling the truth, the worst possible scenario is that the scum know for certain that the doc won't protect Verbal and they get a clear shot on him. So to me, it's more suspicious for someone to try and lock the doc into a decision. 

^^Good post.

1 minute ago, JiF said:

You listed 2 reason why 80 gave you a gun.  You said he was laughing while you were sobbing in your pillow.  For ****s sake man, you typed this sh*t, not me.  Why say any of that garbage if you werent trying to sell your reveal? 

Just shut up already.  What's done is done.  You're not going to spin your way out of this.   You tied to legitimize your reveal by using 80.  Fact. 

Jesus Christ, I think you are the only one taking that part seriously. It was obviously a joke at their long-running gag of shooting at each other.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, GATA said:

not sure if hinting or trying to act like Brick

I think he might be saying Verb is a SK

1 minute ago, Jetscode1 said:

I'd prefer to just lynch Verbal to see if he's telling the truth...ugh...most of you won't agree.  Unvote, Vote JiF

So, you show up after more than 24 hours just to say you'd rather lynch Verb, but then you vote Jif?

Gross.

JC laying low is something to keep on eye on.

Gonna do a re-read and see if there's anything that pings.

3 minutes ago, Jetscode1 said:

Who you voting again? 

Why don't you read and find out?

3 minutes ago, Jetscode1 said:

You ping douchebag.

omgus

13 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I don’t need to read it. I’m good enough to dominape with zero context. 

259556198_ApeShooting.gif.0077d179009667cd96f1bf9bc0a2fa7e.gif

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

Got a headache, and going to bed early. My re-read will have to wait until tomorrow.

2 hours ago, Verbal said:

I mean, he did say most won't agree, so he went in another direction.  This is a little pingy for you - seems like you're looking for easy ways to throw shade.

I can't ignore him lurking for most of the game, apart from his lazy "magic 8 ball" spiel, being missing for 24 hours, then come in say he wants to vote one guy, then votes someone else without even making a case.

I know I wanted to lynch him last game for lurking (his Scum MO) and was wrong, which is the only reason I'm not going harder after him.

Gonna unvote and try that re-read now and focus on Crusher and CTM

5 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Sounds good . Good luck spooty. 

I forgot how much I hate these high-roster games lol

3 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Take it easy dude. Just hang out in the game  as it go’s on you will get the jest. Still in early joke Time. 

And now that Ape joined the entire game is a joke.

• Haha 1

On 2/5/2020 at 6:40 AM, CTM said:

Good enough for me, let's introduce the noobs to JN tradition and blind lunch the gerbil

Unvote

Vote verbal 

^^Started the momentum on the early Verb train for lulz. He did this last game, too, as scum.

On 2/5/2020 at 10:27 AM, The Crusher said:

Probably should say I don’t like the speed of the Verbal train. But hey, what’s not to like? 

^^Crusher's reaction to it aligns with what I thought at the time

On 2/5/2020 at 5:53 PM, CTM said:

die gerbil die!!!

image.jpeg.83befe7dc12b054f07738cd16ef54597.jpeg

On 2/5/2020 at 9:54 PM, CTM said:

v

o     t

e

ve

rb

al

^More encouraging Verb train

23 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Little eager to jump off. But ok, sounds good. 

^Didn't like this from Crusher. He's responding to me saying I'm not willing to potentially lynch a Town PR, accusing me of being "eager to jump off". I corrected him that I was never on Verb's train to begin with, but he never responded.

22 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Honestly I'd say Spoot too at this point. Unvote vote Spoot. 

I'm curious to hear your reasoning for this. I understand JiF's case on me for suggesting the Doc protecting Verb as a possibility. I can accept that I was wrong on that, and I blame my inexperience with the Doc role.

21 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Are we talking about a one shot vig or a multi-shot vig?

21 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

Why are we assuming that the Vig has only 1 shot? I thought it was likely to see multiple shots?

^Has similar thinking as I, and asks the same question

19 hours ago, CTM said:

i gave my top 3 fatfoosa

19 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Please dude, not much different than what you did last game. It’s ok, we’ll see. 

^^Has the same observation that I did.

19 hours ago, The Crusher said:

CTM, Spoot and some random newbie. 

Are you naming the scum team here?

18 hours ago, CTM said:

i do find smash's posts odd and pingy. That part wasn't messing around. My top 3 was semi serious

Weird of Smash to engage early, even weirder if he's scum but pings a ping

You guys put some substantive posts out there so it's something to react too. Frankly I don't get the hullabaloo over gerbils reveal. Gata had a weird reaction to it, jif dug into it in a way that seemed townish. Crusher still playing  ape jr, lack of meat maybe?

18 hours ago, CTM said:

my take- he was run up for the lulz not because he did anything suspicious, claimed a role at l-3 that can be easily vetted +  we get more dead bodies in a game that's going to be a cluster for a bit. No point in taking him out now and depriving us of dead mofo's. 

If he's still alive and kicking when we don't want dead mofo's well then we can fire him into the sun for all I care.

^Good posts by CTM.

3 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Funny to me how Verbal isn’t getting more votes. Ok, “if “he is the Vig, he’s a townie who can shoot one or multiple times. Sounds great but he has no more insight than anyone else in the game. With that he also has the potential to kill a townie each time he shoots, 77% more likely to hit townie than scum. Upside he will count as a townie for endgame. Pro tip- scums not letting that happen. 

Smash had an ok point about about Verb not using the claim as scum, a power role to expose  Cop or Doc is always better . 

So... chances are he’s either a townie big with a 77% chance to hit Town  each time he shoots or possibly a serial killer. Serial killer is basically a vig but does  not win with town. Has his own win requirement. Kills town or scum not really caring. 

Now, the play the mod 80 factor. He and Verbal  have a history of shooting eAch other on the reg. . I believe he gabe  Verbal a gun, but not a vig, doubt he made him a good guy. Verbal is a serial killer most likely. He needs to be lynched. 

Now, I’m town and you may Lynch me today and that’s fine. I will flip town and you should look at those first three in my train. Nobody had a case on me, except Crusher must be scum because he’s mad or salty. For.  you new guys, that’s not a case. Plus Brick and JVOR jumped in for no reason at all. Very little to no explanation.  

So,  that’s all I got. Choose wisely. 

^Good townie post.

2 hours ago, Stark said:

crush pinged hard yesterday., today he is buddying up and mentoring. 

For curiosity's sake, I would like to hear where you think he pinged.

With 15 minutes to deadline and the leading trains being Verb, CTM, and Crusher, I can't see myself voting anywhere else. I've already made it clear I don't see the point in killing Verb yet. Out of Crusher and CTM, I've liked more of Crusher's game. A few posts of his that aligned with my thinking. IMO, he's made the bigger effort of trying to figure out the game, between the two.

CTM, though, has been joking around and pushing lynches for the lulz all game more than making cases. He did a lot of this early last game when he was scum, and I let it go. I'm more comfortable with voting him then the other two.

vote CTM

2out if 3. The other is gameplay  

Huh?

You quoted my entire post, so I'm not sure what you are referring to here.

1 minute ago, JiF said:

Fake effort to vote the vote leader.

Spoot pinging like a mofo.

What? GFY

I legitimately tried, and there's nothing but honesty there. I struggle with these high roster games.

GFY

2 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

You wouldn’t. It’s a little advanced for your beaver brain. 

Then care to speak slower for me?

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

You quoted a bunch of stuff to say nothing other than, lets lynch CTM for playing for the lulz. 

No, you're cherry picking.

I said I was most comfortable with voting him, because his play reminded me of his Scum play. Not to mention I didn't want to kill Verb yet, and I felt that Crusher is Town. CTM was the best choice for me to make. I could've easily sat there and did nothing, and one of them would've been lynched anyway, but instead I tried to reason and make the best decision I could in order to lynch the right person.

GFY

I’ll go as slow as you like, like to take me time with the beaver. Plus fat, move slow 

Well, I'm waiting.

Dazzle me.

10 minutes ago, Verbal said:

Confirmed to enjoy empty eye sockets, totally different.

Serious?  I was actually thinking that holstering would be the best choice tonight, but if people want me to take a shot and call it, I'm happy to do that as well.

The whole point of you staying alive was that so your shot can be directed and we can vett you.

Sorry, just caught up now. I came in today thinking Verb should shoot, but after reading some of the arguments, I've been swayed.

vote Holster

As others have already said, Verb shooting someone only confirms that he can shoot, not his alignment, so we'll STILL be wondering whether he's Town Vig or SK, which, IMO, is the main question today. The only difference will be we'll likely be down an extra Townie. Whether he's a Vig or SK, Scum isn't going to let him live for long. They'll kill him at some point down the road.

The #1 thing that concerns me right now is that Scum wants Verb to shoot someone tonight, as he'll likely be doing their work for them.

We can always direct Verb to shoot later, when he have a better picture of the game.

t;dr Having Verb shoot tonight more likely than not puts Town in a worse position than if he doesn't. I say we wait.

• Upvote 1

Just now, GATA said:

He’s out as vig already they’re scum is either taking care of him tonight or the next night and if it’s tonight we don’t have another chance to direct his shot . And we still have a chance of hitting scum. 

Kind of like the last min CTM vote it this post feels Convenient. 

shoot spoot 

What? Why do you think scum is going to shoot him tonight? They've also have a mod-confirmed Townie, and possible Doc and Cop to worry about. With the percentages favoring Verb's shot hitting Town, why would they be so eager to kill him tonight? Not to mention that there are maybe 4-5 scum votes helping to direct the shot to make sure it doesn't hit Scum.

But, okay, I'll play your game for a second. Say Verb takes his shot, hits a likely VT, and vetts his ability. What's your play for D2. Where do we go from there?

2 minutes ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

The vetting doesn’t indicate alignment, it just indicates that he indeed does possibly have a shot separate than a mafia shot. It verifies ability. 

day 2 you leave him alone, scum hunt, then at night direct his shot again. This forces scum to have to kill verbal at night if he’s a vig since they have to face the risk of a night shooter killing them. 

Why the **** are you answering for her, especially after you got annoyed with Ape for almost doing the same thing with Gata?

Thanks, Jerk Voice of Retard.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

As a hypothetical here, let’s say verbal is a  scum with a power like rolefinding or roleblocking. There is value for him to prolonging his lynch so he gets to gain info for his team. 

I’m not saying that’s likely but you still have to defend against it as town. Holstering is basically a way of prolonging things for what, Not wanting to shoot a townie when we could just have that townie role claim before verbal submits the shot?  

I don't like the way you are glossing over potentially outing a Town PR this early. Gross.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Beaver said:

I’m knew so I’m not sure on this.   Do we know if Verbal has more than one shot?

No, we don't.

• Upvote 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company