Jetsfan80

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Mafia - Game Thread

I mean, the dude self voted Emo when he knew he was unlynchable, does that seem like a town move to you? 

like do you Guys need bright flashing lights saying “hi, i’m scum”? Shoot him and be done with it.

• Upvote 2

Just now, pdxgreen said:

emperor.gif.f4ced2c643e25e8c74fc74ceaa99f900.gif

No seriously.  Mostly I've been playing both sides off each other.  I am the kind of person who tips his hand to easily.  But some of the conversations have been interesting. 

Who do you think is suspicious. 

1 hour ago, CTM said:

so is scum bussing or have we got it wrong lol.. the speed of this train is making me a little nervous

What should be informative is night one. There was much resistance for smash getting shot (especially relevant given the unlynchable perk smash has) Especially vocal from your predecessor, spoot and smash. Then spoot folds like a cheap suit during the lynch yesterday turning a 180 there to vote him. 

He also went from casing me night one rather vocally for the stance i took then dropped it since then and went into day phase made an effort to check out gata and jc i think. 

just seems opportunistic to me. 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, CTM said:

BOOM!!!

caught him day 1 

inb4 jif tries to take credit!

Do you understand how ******* hard it was to kill him and how easy it would have been if we just shot him. 

1 minute ago, Nolder said:

So....who has consistently been off Smash's trains?

That’s not the best indicator since scum had incentive to be on the train both days imo. i think night one who argued to not have him get shot, who voted to holster, and who was not for shooting him is very informational 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

I believe crusher was voting to holster which would make CTM a suspect. 

I’d agree. Revived CTM if alive in end game should be autolynched just to be safe. 

In all seriousness though he’s playing fine for now, others take priority to sort through since they have more egregious play. 

Spoot next, and if he flips scum, run up Stark for me. I’ll go over why stark at some point if i’m alive by then. 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

GFY

I'm looking at either you or CTM as Scum as early bussers on Smash's first lynch train.

Por que no los dos? 

Just now, Smashmouth said:

you are so full of sh*t.

You vote me every game LOL

Still a dumb run up without letting me even say something and a dumb vig shot on day 1  wasted my time with.

GG guys have fun

Gg, you put up a good fight and accomplished your objective. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, CTM said:

I'm assuming Just End me =  just end the suffering. ALso notice Just End the suffering was an early smash day 2 voter

Notice also a logical and experienced player in stark making a very illogical decision and vote to holster with shaky rationale. That and him generally being lukewarm on every position this game triggered a deeper look. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, CTM said:

I've been scum with smash, it's very basic strat. lets all work together to get x lynched. Pick off  strong players as NK, try and leave inexperienced and impressionable townies. no reason to bus.

it's unfuriating to me who would rather win spectacularly or die trying than play not to lose like smash

Consequently being your scum teammate is the scariest thing in the world. 

although one game where you thought crusher went rogue on you was hilarious. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, A.J. said:

I agree with JVOR about this. There are better places to look/move in than one of the main pushers of a scum lynch. If CTM is still alive at end game then you lynch him just to be safe.

That’s just good policy

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, Drums said:

Voting holster to save a random townie made sense to me (and a random townie ended up dying), but I still think Crusher was scum and CTM is now.  Crusher started the CTM train day 1 and I have no meta on CTM but it feels you are overcompensating just a bit. 

But now that we see what role smash had, mafia clearly dug in and wanted to avoid getting smash shot. That’s complete worst case scenario for him.

Part of the reason why Spoot is so high on my list is to me he got oddly passionate about holstering and saying weird things like “but you might reveal a pr” and “i don’t care about the math”. It’s a little too much for someone who theoretically shouldn’t have been invested in smash getting shot. 

But more than that his play just does not add up consistently. If he was so convinced I was actually scum night one, why not one peep about me on day two? He went passively into a smash vote when  there was barely any rationale that made sense as to why he’d do that. 

Even right now, he’s jumping from candidate to candidate... and surprise surprise it’s literally everyone that is vocal about his play being scummy. Myself, Gata, and CTM. There are times when townie tunnels in on the ones voting them,  but the way this is happening feels to opportunistic to me. 

• Upvote 2

Ok yeah , spoot and stark for sure. Ctm should not be the lynch until they are first. Stark pushing ctm and not spoot first is scummy as **** as they are in tandem trying to get the same lynch accomplished. 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, CTM said:

Jc also a scum lean, with spoot and stark

pdx green too

jvor and you townish

AJ is uber townie, too much. If he's alive at end game I'd rethink that one. Jvor too

I suspect i’m the nk target at some point soon and they think that you are lynch candidate material. lightly pushing me but going hard after you. 

Course this goes back to you too, if you’re alive at the end, policy lynch you for bussing. 

Biggest indicators for me so far is Stark not questioning anything with Spoots spotty play, weak casing you with things like “oh look he’s play acting about not knowing how smash will flip”, and it’s like a switch turned on and they both almost in lockstep started going after you, which if they are teammates makes sense since it’s been pretty vocal by the loudmouths that Spoot’s play has been very scummy. Deflecting this way is convenient. 

• Upvote 2

Agree about the new player prod in general. I have very little read on players like boozer or id for instance and barely any better with some of the others. 

In general, i have aj and jvill as lean town, spoot and stark heavy scum reads, And gata slight town lean but not as strong as the two i mentioned above. 

everyone else is mostly neutral or null to me still. JC i don’t think i’ve seen enough meta or in-game indicators to make a firm sense one way or the other. I think Spoot going after him and Gata harder than others helps but obviously i need to see how Spoot flips first. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, BUM-KNEE said:

Well Drums (when hes here) doesnt give me much to be suspicious of. His votes arent pinging and hes been asking questions. Its just a hunch I have I guess, because Im not a seasoned player that knows the ins and outs/tells/nuances of the game.

Stark is the same deal, but hes put out more info to get a bead on. Maybe hes seasoned enough to "play" people, but hes asking good questions to me. Im wondering some of the same questions.

Spoot seemed Town to me first in the game. He wasnt ******* around, he started digging for info right off. Gata did too, but she trailed off quite a bit.

I think Beaver and I are both in the same area of grey trying to figure this game out. I fully understand the questions he is asking, and I need those answers myself. Thus, Im positive hes Town like me.

Like I said, Im still figuring out how to play this damn thing and find the clues needed to find scum and identify Town traits. To top it off there is 20 people to figure out, which is kinda daunting at first. (well... still is) Dunno. 

Im usually riding snowmobiles on the weekends, so my time here is kinda limited to when Im at work with nothing to do. Had this game taken place when there was no snow, I would be on alot more. LOL

Hope this made some kind of sense.

Who is mafia to you if you had to pick three names? 

2 minutes ago, GATA said:

After the shot we had CTM vs Smash; CTM vs Stark. I made my case for Spoot before that. Town during this phase was trying to be find out if smash was lying. Smash doesn’t get lynched we’re all debating why. 80 confirms adjustments were made I vote smash and before going into night phase ask everyone what are their thoughts. At this point. Only a few ppl were talking. I’ve Sussed JC for inactivity a couple of times as well. So I want to know what exactly was the difference did you want me to have a full on back and forth match with someone else ? When we have 1/2 the game inactive 

What’s your take on stark again? 

17 minutes ago, A.J. said:

FWIW I think a lot of you guys are doing well. The only way to really learn is to play more. Each game is its own little world and they never play out the exact same way. Like Nolder said, identifying people you feel good about being Town can be an effective way to narrow down who might be scum. Find enough townies and don’t help to kill them and eventually the scum will get boxed out.

I also think if you play more games as scum you start seeing the strategic elements more and how hard it can be to fake it when you know who is not mafia. 

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, BUM-KNEE said:

Yeah thats my newest attack right now, since I sucked doing it the other way. LOL

Not about sucking. We all have been playing together for a while and have the advantage of having picked up on each other’s tells. Kind of like a weekly poker game. 

that being said, it’s a game of limited information. Everyone is wrong about something, it’s about starting to know what things to look out for that comes with practice. New blood is welcome for sure though and as long as you are trying we’ll all give out pointers. 

• Upvote 1

Also question to the players who have played more recently than i have, we used to have a rule on here about how many times you can target the same person every night as doc, has that rule still been a thing or has that changed? 

7 hours ago, jvill 51 said:

@Spoot-Face on night 2 why did you protect yourself and not Verbal? Smash had just claimed he was unlynchable and like you said you’ve been on the hot seat from Day 1. If Smash really was unlynchable, our only shot to take him out would have been the vig.

This question needs answered it’s very relevant. 

In terms of game situation, mafia is under a lot of pressure. There probably is around 4 scum remaining and the only power role they’ve managed to take down was the 1x vig after he already took the shot. 

Just now, Jetscode1 said:

You are probably right but the play here is to wait for a counter.  Although, I'd expect "the real Doc" to lead here and Spoot just shriveled up.

Why are you doing this? The whole point of scum faking doc is to find the real doc to try to kill. As i explained above, mafia is under pressure because they haven’t found power roles and time is ticking for them. 

i’m not against trying to lynch someone else if you’re really that worried but a real doc shouldn’t counter right now. Frankly that’s suspicious as hell that you are suggesting it. 

That being said, personally i feel like spoot has been very obviously scum for a while so i’m fine fast forwarding through the mechanics but i’m open to lynching someone else if everyone wants to play it “safe”. 

Gj guys. Feel pretty strongly about Stark next day phase imo.

But we also got this done without the quiet guys contributing and i feel like the new players need to take chances and positions. Everyone here makes mistakes playing, but that’s part of the fun. 

• Upvote 4

On 2/14/2020 at 4:59 PM, Stark said:

wth are you talking about. 

play acting smash's flip.

also

why would you suspect you're a NK target. You haven't really put yourself out in front with any claims / cases that I recall, more of a go with the flow player. 

I ignored responding to him but i think this was him fishing for info on what role i may possibly have since i’ve been dead on about smash and spoot this game. 

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company