Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Mafia - Game Thread

13 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Given that new players (10) equal veteran players (10), that might be harder to guarantee in this game.  But I'd certainly say its far more likely that a veteran player gets lynched over a new player on D1.  Especially since so many of the veteran players are completely unlikable in every way.  

That's true. Let's be honest, of all the vet players Brick is the only one who's really likeable in any way.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, GATA said:

BTW newbies if you catch someone in a lie that's usually something we say ... (LYNCH ALL LIARS)

some other mafia slang you'll see is OMGUS (Oh my god you suck) 

WIFOM (wine in front of me) 

& here's some more abbreviations

https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Commonly_Used_Abbreviations

^^The Gatabot has an extensive directory of all Mafia slang, and she's programed to use each one at least once a game.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, GATA said:

BTW newbies if you catch someone in a lie that's usually something we say ... (LYNCH ALL LIARS)

some other mafia slang you'll see is OMGUS (Oh my god you suck) 

WIFOM (wine in front of me) 

& here's some more abbreviations

https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Commonly_Used_Abbreviations

I hate WIFOM I never use it and I have no idea wtf it means. Many have tried to explain and fail in epic ways.

Maybe someone should explain this crappy WIFOM to the newbies (with numerous examples)

I mean do you drink said Wine ?

Do you just look at it while it's in front of you ?

Do you use it to block incoming threats ?

Do you spill the wine ?

I don't even like wine. Why can't it be Vodka ?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

I hate WIFOM I never use it and I have no idea wtf it means. Many have tried to explain and fail in epic ways.

Maybe someone should explain this crappy WIFOM to the newbies (with numerous examples)

I mean do you drink said Wine ?

Do you just look at it while it's in front of you ?

Do you use it to block incoming threats ?

Do you spill the wine ?

I don't even like wine. Why can't it be Vodka ?

Did you ever see The Princess Bride?  It comes from this scene.  It's the confusion that comes from trying to "divine" the intentions of another player. 

In that confusion, you fail to notice that the other person put that "Wine in Front of You" in the first place and is intentionally trying to confuse you.  Thus, its generally seen as scummy to create such WIFOMs.

Though in many ways, ALL of Mafia is one big WIFOM.  You're constantly asking questions like "Would a member of town do that?  OR is it something a member of scum was trying to do to make me THINK he's town?"  And around and around you go, into a never-ending thought loop.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Replace wifom with analyzing nfl qb play and you've sufficiently described the entirity of our main board interactions here from 2004-2007

• Haha 4

33 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Did you ever see The Princess Bride?  It comes from this scene.  It's the confusion that comes from trying to "divine" the intentions of another player. 

In that confusion, you fail to notice that the other person put that "Wine in Front of You" in the first place and is intentionally trying to confuse you.  Thus, its generally seen as scummy to create such WIFOMs.

Though in many ways, ALL of Mafia is one big WIFOM.  You're constantly asking questions like "Would a member of town do that?  OR is it something a member of scum was trying to do to make me THINK he's town?"  And around and around you go, into a never-ending thought loop.  

21 minutes ago, CTM said:

Replace wifom with analyzing nfl qb play and you've sufficiently described the entirity of our main board interactions here from 2004-2007

Look at these 2 baboons falling right into the trap. They must have been drinking all kinds of wine both in front of me and in front of them

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, kdels62 said:

Are we feuding? I think we’re feuding.

Image result for spidey meme

5 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

MOD NOTE:  VERBAL HAS BEEN KILLED IN HIS STUPID FACE

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Get in line, bub.  Verbal already tried to shoot me via PM.  

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, CTM said:

I'm not sure how I feel about this much beaver in a game. 

unvote vote Spoot

Strange beaver > old beaver

god who would have thought that spoot would go so far as to creat an "ALT" account to try to improve his chances to win 

2 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

vote Stark

I thought we had something special, man.

damn, scorned beaver....

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, kdels62 said:

This “in” jokes are great and not alienating when you have no idea what’s going on.

However, I’m pretty sure I’m winning.

No, fake-80, you're not winning.  You're simply waiting to lose, unless you're town.....in which case we're teammates and you're winning.