Jetsfan80

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Mafia - Game Thread

23 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

I know I'm high on the list for the lynch today, but all the evidence is circumstantial and based off of people building their own narratives. I've explained my reasons for wanting to holster AND for my vote to lynch CTM on Day 1, but people want to ignore it and just apply their own spin to it.

My best reads:

JC: Needs to die. Has been absolutely useless this game. It's just appalling what he's allowed to get away with. IMO, people who don't participate like him should be lynched ON POLICY, to avoid letting Scum hide. He's absent for long periods, then comes on just to OMGUS everyone who throws shade his way.

JVOR: Seems to one of the ones leading a false crusade against me. Is a strong candidate, IMO, for bussing Smash early on his first train.

AJ: Super-townie. Been awhile since I played with him, so I don't know his tendencies, but he sure had an easy time jumping into this game from subbing so late.

Gata: Been following this false crusade against me, but that's par for the course for her. Dumb Town, methinks.

Stark: Eh. Probably Town.

Jvill: The best of the newbs. By far. Either remembers A LOT from playing however long ago it was (10 years maybe? please correct me if I'm wrong) or has been getting some mighty good coaching

The rest of the noobs: No idea. It's really hard to keep track of them all at this point. I keep having to go back and look at the list to see their names. I really don't have any expectations for them.

I think his opinion on Stark is also a dead giveaway. “Eh probably town?” Seems weird to include in a list. 

we also know how suspicious spoot was all game. Reread stark and find any opinion he’s had that was even slightly suspicious of spoot, or smash even. The new people there’s slack to be given, but stark supposedly is experienced and a strong Town player. 

rereading both players there is oddly very light interaction between them as well. 

• Upvote 1

On 2/10/2020 at 10:48 AM, Smashmouth said:

Verbals Shot:

Verbal (1) Brickhouse

Spoot (2) GATA, Boozer

GATA (2) kdels62, ID 

Smash (3) JOVR, jvill51, Just End Me

Holster (7) Smash,Drums, Beaver, Spoot, Crusher, BUM-KNEE, Stark

Not Participating (1) Ape

Majority gets Shot. I guess we should bold our votes just like a real vote.

The Moderator does not approve this message. :)

**** Him

Another reason why stark is On night one he votes no holster at a pivotal Moment where it was 8 vs 6 to shoot someone saying he felt the whole exercise was pointless. 

• Upvote 2

I think of the newbies bumknee and drums are more likely, but i don’t feel like i have a ton to go by unfortunately. 

id and boozer i just have null/neutral reads still. Need to see more imo. 

beaver feels like a wildcard. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, A.J. said:

More likely what?

More likely to be scum of the new people based on voting pattern, but i’m not totally sure because of lack of info. 

23 hours ago, BUM-KNEE said:

Well..... I think JC is, hes just been acting ******* weird man. He flip-flops a bit and seems to be leading people in his questioning. (maybe a game skill?) Dunno, just seems untrustworthy to me.

GATA has turned from Town to Scum for me. The trailing off in gameplay and lack of digging seems pretty scummy to me.

PDX could be scum, there seems to be a lackadaisical plod to his game that smells funny.

There are a couple more that ping, but I wanna see what plays out with them.

Sorry thats all I have a "feel" for at the moment. Ive been trying to concentrate on who I think is Town more lately.

Mostly this post too. It’s almost literally the playbook spoot Rolled out and i don’t know if a first time player is going to be bold enough to buck the experienced players. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, A.J. said:

Did you figure out a way to look at posts in ISO? 

Wasn’t BumKnee giving Stark & Spoot Town reads? He looks dirty in that context but could just be on the wrong side of things.

Maybe I’m too nice but I’ve felt he’s definitely put himself out there and tried to piece it together vice the stuff you see from pdx that looks like newbscum who just doesn’t know what to do

Unfortunately no about the iso. I just went off memory and knowing that post was pretty off to me. 

we’ve bought mislynches worst case I don’t think scum has much of shot honestly. pdx i don’t have any qualms lynching or pressuring. 

Also yeah, bumknee could just be townie reading the game differently, hence for me that isn’t a strong enough indicator for me to say he’s scum for sure. 

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, Drums said:

I am still leaning towards 1-2 vets and maybe one newbie for scum.

Suspected vets: GATA and JVOR. JVOR pinged early because of how fast he jumped in. GATA pushed so hard for a shot and the way she's been questioning and then not even responding makes me feel it is fake--just for show. They are oddly on the same page in almost every vote as well which I find a little weird.

Not sure how of the new players yet. 

Interesting, what are your thoughts on stark? 

1 minute ago, Drums said:

Both voted to shoot and both voted Smash on D3 and Spoot on D4.

I voted to shoot smash and voted nothing but smash and spoot since then. They were scum. Why would that be a bad thing? 

• Upvote 1

Lynch priority for myself: 1) stark

2) bum knee

3)drums

4)pdx

5)Boozer/id/beaver

people i’m not willing to lynch today in order: nolder, aj, justendthesuffering, gata, Jetscode

5 minutes ago, GATA said:

2 Pdx (based on Jvill mentioning him)

3Drums 

4 Bum Knee

5 .. ID Beaver Boozer. 

My thoughts ^ 

I’m flexible on order we’ve bought ourself time and i highly suspect there is multiple scum on that list of 7. 

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Sperm GIF by memecandymood keep swimming GIF

Please vote something, i really don’t even care if it’s on me. The whole i don’t know what i’m doing, “bye” thing is generally unhelpful. 

Here is what i don’t get from bum-knee. What about stark’s play suggests he is town? I can get maybe not having a strong suspicion for scum but what is townie about it prior to today? 

Just now, Beaver said:

I don't know but I voted for pdxgreen last time and everyone was right about Spoot.

You could still be right about pdx. There are still probably three mafia left. 

• Upvote 1

On 2/16/2020 at 2:10 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

** FINAL Day 4 Vote Count **

• Spoot (8) - JVOR, jvill 51, GATA, Nolder, JustEndTheSuffering, pdxgreen, JC, AJ
  • pdxgreen (1) - Beaver
  • JC (1) - Spoot

Not Voting (5) - 32EBoozer, Stark, Drums, BUM-KNEE, ID.

With 15 alive, it takes 8 votes to lynch.  

The spoot lynch was another pivotal lynch in the game. Spoot’s motivation at the end was to draw out a doc claim to gain scum some info.  

but If you look at this game from where i’m standing, most of the spoot voters i lean town on as i expressed earlier. The not voter pool in particular I see as interesting because i think they wanted to see if someone would counter before wanting to end the day or would want to wait to see if people unvoted and would consider another candidate. 

As a townie, i wanted to resolve things fast so scum wouldn’t gain the objective. Scum had a conflicting motivation and would want to draw out tells. 

I was wrong, but Stark played a subpar townie game which he even admitted to. Imperfect info it happens. 

You know What’s hard? When u have about 8 peekaboo players who you have to make calls on with very little info. 

I heavily pushed for scum, and pushed to get us info on night one. How else do we see spoot and smash are weirdly scummy unless i made that vocal? Unlynchable is such a strong power i was advocating to get shot. Do you realize if smash stayed alive and screwed us at end game we’d have lost a day earlier than expected. 

our only defense against smash was vig and i advocated a shot on him. It’s just lucky we found him early enough. 

also at a pivotal moment spoot tried to draw out a doc claim and i posted multiple times to end the day fast to combat a leak. 

That being said, question everybody. Part of the issue is everyone is just following lynches and not discussing and thinking for yourselves. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Drums said:

So you are basically saying the only scum left is new people?

Also weird that you are now saying you wish Stark had a chance to talk but he was defending himself for days saying the same thing over and over so what would have changed? Maybe you should have unvoted. Not sure I buy that. 

I’ll ask you this, what is a logical basis for new vs old player scum? 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Drums said:

If I actually have any influence and I am wrong I understand it will be the end of me but it's a game and I really want to be right haha. 

Honestly, i’m just happy you are invested into it. That’s how i was when i first started and that enthusiasm is what helps old players stay interested. 

that being said, You’re wrong about me if you’re town, but you thinking it through is helpful to me since you’re actually explaining thoughts. 

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, Drums said:

If I had to vote right now it would be JVOR but I am waiting to hear @GATA weigh in. She was around last night but didn't post and that pings for me since she was one of the leaders against Stark. 

So to satisfy you for now, I will vote JVOR but it is possible I change today after some absentee voters post (if they do).  I've had JVOR as scum since the moment he replaced SR24 so quickly. That was really odd to me and still is, sorry. And I am sticking by the fact that one of you three are scum. I could be completely wrong but I am willing to die on this. 

Can you explain replace so quickly? you said that before and i do believe it is consistent with something you said earlier. I was reading the game before i subbed in but i don’t understand how that is an indicator of alignment. 

2 minutes ago, Drums said:

Mainly I need to know which of you three is town because you all sound really good and I know one of you is lying. I'll worry about newer players next day if I survive. 

Explain: “ i know one of you three is lying”. Why? 

Stark flipping town does throw me off a bit. I said it before but i think having Everyone, but especially people like boozer, pdx, and id give thoughts on the game is necessary at this point. Every vote matters and every opinion does as we get smaller. With no cop it’s pure reading others (fun but scary). 

• Upvote 1

On 2/12/2020 at 8:49 AM, Jetsfan80 said:

Day 2 Vote Count

• JC (4) - Stark, Spoot, Beaver, pdxgreen
  • Smash (4)- JVOR, JustEndTheSuffering, CTM, Nolder
  • CTM (3) - Smash, JC, jvill 51
  • Spoot (1) - Verbal

Not Voting (6) - GATA, Brick, Drums, BUM-KNEE, 32EBoozer, ID.

With 18 players remaining, it takes 10 votes to lynch

DAY 2 DEADLINE: THURSDAY, 10 AM EST

Pdxgreen votes to take JC up to 4 v 4 on smash’s first lynch i believe. 

i’d love to do all this in one post but on a phone and there is no iso function that works well. The other vote he put down was on spoot 6th after he faked doc, but the other major candidate was himself at the time. 

i don’t really see much redeeming about his votes but also it’s like reading a tea lead still because there’s not a whole lot of Written content from him to go off of. 

Rereading @Drums overall i have a question: You stated you thought spoot was town at one point on i think on one of the smash lynch day. Can you explain why you thought that?

same for @BUM-KNEE almost a few posts after you said you thought jc and gata scummy, spoot town, and crusher town. Can you explain why you thought spoot was town at the time? 

4 minutes ago, A.J. said:

There are lots and lots of roles in the Mafia world besides Cops and Docs. Some if used right can outright catch scum redhanded. So when you say that you know one of us is scum, it could imply that you have that sort of info.

It could also imply that you're scum with one of us to know so.

Jvill played a great game but take his reads with a grain of salt. He had the ability to find out positively what alignment someone was, one at a time, but beyond that he was working from the same vantage as any other Townie. The only investigation I feel comfortable guessing that he made was on Spoot, considering how he used that read to place JC & GATA so high on his Town list.

Did he quote gata as town later? Earlier in the game he thought scummy on her, would be interested if that was the switch. Jville i believe would have tried breadcrumbing on some level but it’s almost to the point of uselessness because he buried it in his reads chart. 

3 minutes ago, A.J. said:

Okay I'm just gonna YOLO and say with a gun to my head that the rest of the scum team is all within PDX, Beaver, BumKnee and ID.

Boozer is an outlier but I seriously am considering making the leap of faith that he's Town based only on him voting to shoot Smash or Spoot (I don't remember which) in the face N1.

At some point today I'll troll thru 80's sh*tposts and pull all the final VCs to look at again.

Boozer voted spoot for vig nk. I checked earlier. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Jets Voice of Reason said:

Boozer voted spoot for vig nk. I checked earlier. 

It was second vote to spoof while smash had 3. There is a slight chance that they’d prefer saving smash over spoot but i agree occams razor

7 minutes ago, Nolder said:

Ok while I do some rereading, @A.J. @Jets Voice of Reason, how do you feel about each other?

Any concerns? Solidly in the town pile? 50/50?

Strong capable player, but leaning townie for right now. 

Always concerned that there could be a person puppet mastering a bus but it’s about 85-15 In terms of not concerned about it. Certainly shouldn’t be the focus for today imo. 

i’ll put It this way i think it’d be kind of dumb to focus on resolving a potential bus at this point when there are plenty of people who haven’t done much to help town period this game. 

• Upvote 1

There’s pressure on me to get the next lynch right because i think i’m going to be set up with the bus narrative against the newplayers on lylo like aj is worried about. 

lylo is lynch or lose, meaning lynch scum or town loses situation. 

• Upvote 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company